Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:20:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Airdrop causing a dump price of Token/ICO?  (Read 393 times)
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3563

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:33:30 AM

Just in one scenario airdrop could be a danger for the market itself. If one scammer could get more then on reward from the same airdrop, he achieve a good % of tokens. These tokens dumped on the market could have an impact. I see some scam accusation about 100k usd scammed by a single person with bounties/airdrop activities. For some ICO this is a huge amount of money and it's easier change the market upon an exchange.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:33:40 AM

In my opinion, airdrop is unlikely to cause the price of Altcoin to decline. All the declining prices are now impossible due to airdrop. That I do not think is possible. Because altcoin price drops it is much that affect these factors. Maybe because the name of the trade could be the price up and down. but if because it is just airdrop I do not think it is possible. Because airdrop is usually worthless.
Cajn1 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:36:20 AM

Is airdrop really needed for an ICO to acquire awareness and get more subscriber/members in social medias?
What is best Airdrop for awareness or Bounties?
I'm not sure about that but in fact it has a lot of impact to the result of price after it will be listed on the exchange site and you can see that many of airdrop hunters are weak hands.
So many airdrop hunters are selling directly to the exchange site to grab fast money. they don't care even it's a little money.

Yes there's always an impact on some of the airdrop and bounty tokens being dump. In early stage of listing on exchange some of the airdrop and bounties tokens are being dump and i think it will decrease the current price compare to the holders they are just waiting when the price is right. And i agree with you for a little impact only.
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 08:38:36 AM

for only a small part of the marketing of ICO. It is a strategy so that the ICO could have an extensive marketing and be known to many people. If you want to look for a better secure search airdrop owned by ICO of the course. many airdrops contain only a scam and it's very troubling.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cajn1 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:40:47 AM

Is airdrop really needed for an ICO to acquire awareness and get more subscriber/members in social medias?
Is Airdrop causing a dump price of Token/ICO?
Yes and no. If a token is just airdropped it's normal see a decline in the price after being listed.
But if most of tokens are sold on ICO, free distribution is countless.

Most of time YES. I think there is even a reason related to each coin history. FOMO is a great booster!

You are really right, there's always advantage on Airdrop and bounty campaign at the same time it has also negative effects on the project. All are good way of increasing awareness and project promotion and decreasing the negative effect is a great way to solve.
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 08:44:02 AM

Basically, Airdrop and Bounty is an effort to gain awareness or introduce the project to the public but, I think Bounty Campaign is more effective than Airdrop because participants have the duty to be active in social media, telegram group, etc. and I think Bounty Campaign with 0.5% to 2% allocation is not able to make the price fall because of the low number of tokens allocated and that token is distributed to hundreds or even thousands of participants.

If you are still worried about it, I suggest to ask yourself;
-, do you think all bounty participants will sell their tokens at the same time?
-, do you never think that some of the participants might hold the tokens because they believe in the project?
-, do you never think that their campaigns can attract new investors to invest?
-, The last question, do you still think that bounty participants are the cause of dump prices?
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:49:12 AM

Both airdrops and bounties let the world know about the forthcoming new project. It seems to me that we can`t compare them in categories 'better or worse', since they are aimed at different segments and audiences. Airdrop is needed for those who want to get tokens for nothing, and bounties are designed for advertising at more professional level, as the target is experts, investors and crypto enthusiasts.
maryanti

Activity: 500
Merit: 250

BountyMarketcap

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:00:22 AM

In my opinion, airdrop is unlikely to cause the price of Altcoin to decline. All the declining prices are now impossible due to airdrop. That I do not think is possible. Because altcoin price drops it is much that affect these factors. Maybe because the name of the trade could be the price up and down. but if because it is just airdrop I do not think it is possible. Because airdrop is usually worthless.
Maybe only a small portion of the price drops due to airdrop, if the airdrop is big when entering the market.
The big impact of the current price drop due to many factors, one of the factors is the need.

Astrilian

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:06:07 AM

When I did Airdrops I never dumped them on the first available exchange, as in the long run these tokdns could become something bigger but I think the vast majority looks rather for quick profits

rajurathod18

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:48:25 AM

I don't agree that airdrop and bounty hunting causes dumping of ICOs project when listed on exchange as the upcoming project only aloocates between 1 to 5% of the tokens and that too they get after 1 or 2 months in some cases. About awareness I think bounty is far better as compare to airdrop. Bounty is like rewards for developing community by promoting project on various platforms and airdrop is only one time task and joined by peoples who don't even know & care much about the project.
VeeraS

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:00:00 AM

not at all, and we all know most airdrop is completely useless at all. and when the token goes into exchange, it rarely has a reasonable price. so it's better to bounty.
kejot

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

"OPEN GAMING PLATFORM"

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:03:55 AM

Sometime airdrop make it dump, because the particupant in airdrop til 10,000 participant eventhough they get little amount of that token, but the total amount in airdrop really huge amount. And when they have received their reward, most of participants doing dump to that token.

olari

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:12:25 AM

Definitely Airdrop is one of the types of promotion of block-products. Little-known companies try to attract attention to a new product in order to spin their coin.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:13:52 AM

Yes they does affect the prices of ICO projects heavily. Because airdrops are free tokens and they at least spend more than millions of tokens over it and when it comes to the exchanges then they will sell like hungry people! This causes millions of dollars wiped out directly from the ICO funds and thus prices drops in terms of dumps. The worst thing about this is, ICO developers still add up airdrops after they know that it is not much help to them in terms of marketing. But we cant help it, but do know one thing that ICO with less monetary funds and still having airdrops can lead to scams too.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:22:02 AM

no people tend to dump things they know are going to get dumped anyways.

conversely whenever most people invest in ICOs, generally those experienced traders, they know well enough that they are taking a big risk and it is more like a gamble. it is also like a race most of the times. a race against other investors to see who can dump faster because the first person will get the best price and the rest will have to follow him with lower prices and take smaller profits until 0 and then start losing money.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Cajn1 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:42:57 AM

no people tend to dump things they know are going to get dumped anyways.

conversely whenever most people invest in ICOs, generally those experienced traders, they know well enough that they are taking a big risk and it is more like a gamble. it is also like a race most of the times. a race against other investors to see who can dump faster because the first person will get the best price and the rest will have to follow him with lower prices and take smaller profits until 0 and then start losing money.

I think people who did not believe the project/platform is the one who's dumping and they just want a quick profit. They are a little smart but the more smarter is the one holding for years. As a bounty hunter its hard to get free tokens and i think they just want money for thier needs not thinking of the future of the token/coins.
kanmo

Activity: 458

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:50:27 AM

Airdrop is just free tokens people get without any stress, people don't work for airdrop. Bounty campaign is the best tool for creating awareness for ICOs. In bounty campaigns, the participants will be given task to promote the project on social media but airdrop doesn't do any promotional work.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
Cajn1 (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:56:41 AM

YEs, it is true for most ICOs. Some are now implementing lockdown period for Bounty/Airdrops to avoid Dumping.. Why complain if it is a free coin/token right? It will be released once it reached the target Market Cap or Period.
The lockdown of tokens to avoid dumping might seem like a good idea on the surface but from my experience this has not prevented dumping of Airdropped tokens . The best it does is postpone the dumping!

Yeah i believe some ICO implemented this one and also the airdrop tokens is distributed later. Some project also has a good plan to lessen the dumping by distributing the tokens by batch and it helps a lot.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:05:34 AM

yes it is required and it is not increasing awareness it is increasing the number of advertisers who will then increase the number of victims of that ICO which can in turn increase its initial price and will surely increase the amount of money the ICO owners will earn out of thin air.
sometimes if you don't give the token away you won't be able to find anyone to even look at your useless token because it is useless!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
CoinboyBebop

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:07:44 AM

I think an airdrop dont dump the price, when it is a real token or coins with a good projects behind. Of course they are always people who immidietaly sell their airdrop coins and tokens. But these just effect the price if theres no seriouse projects. Then everybody will sell their coins to get as much profit as possible. So when you look actually at the market, their are just rare airdrops of good coins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: