Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:30:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did my tokens get sent out of my wallet  (Read 407 times)
roenrowe (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:54:57 AM

I had 5 BREEZECOIN tokens and they got randomly sent out to some contract, I did not send them and I am worried someone had access to my account. It might be normal but I am pretty concerened
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boulderchain

Activity: 59
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:03:29 AM

It's not normal.

I would immediately transfer all the tokens and remaining funds to a different address. And you should probably create a new address. It is recommended to create new addresses offline. The easiest way is probably with MyEtherWallet, you can download it from their github and use it locally without an active internet connection.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:05:34 AM

Your wallet might have been phished. If you use MEW, always bookmark the site and never join sites that tell you get this and that token and put your eth keys in and then you lose access to your wallet. Please always bookmark your MEW site and never give out your private keys in any site, it happened to me as a MEW newbie at some point and was very painful, then I lost like over 2k usd worth of tokens and eth. It was a horrible experience.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Hopeman1

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:07:18 AM

So the first case might be that your private key has been exposed and your token has been stolen.
The second possibility is that there is a BUG in the smart contract of the token, which leads to the random transfer of the token.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:20:07 AM

So the first case might be that your private key has been exposed and your token has been stolen.
This is the first thing that came into my mind! He's probably phished or given off his private key unknowingly.

The second possibility is that there is a BUG in the smart contract of the token, which leads to the random transfer of the token.
Is this really possible? Bug in the smart contract that would automatically send your tokens to other wallet?

I think the OP should look more into this and trace the wallet which it has been said, and locate the wallet owner. Then probably confront him personally or then ask for help, there are lot's of members willing to help.
boulderchain

Activity: 59
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:58:39 AM

Is this really possible? Bug in the smart contract that would automatically send your tokens to other wallet?

No, this isn't possible. How should the smart contract sign a transaction with your private key? Most probably the computer was compromised or he was phished.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:05:11 AM

Immediately move all the tokens that are in your wallet to the new wallet, it's because if there is a token sent but you feel never did that, then make sure that your wallet is exposed to phishing. Another case if your token disappears and there is absolutely no outgoing transaction, then your wallet is safe.
@theman

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:18:32 AM

It's abnormal. Most likely Your wallet has been hacked. I recommend that you register a new wallet is not long.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:12:30 AM

do you have other coins? what happen to them? if you still have the coins in your wallet better send it to new wallet. if you use mew directly type it and you must bookmark it. also use metamask to connect to mew and it can block suspicious links. also if possible download malwarebytes they can also block sites. avoid clicking suspicious links especially the links that had been shorten. if you don't know where it address don't click it.
ashaksagnis

Activity: 630
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 08:16:26 AM

i got some coins too before like 2 months ago and they shows up like (SPAM) and these coins disappeared automatically from my wallet.

wvizmanos

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:17:14 AM

Or better use MetaMask. Here you can also link your existing Mew address like what I did. MetaMask does not require any other keys.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:18:00 AM

I had 5 BREEZECOIN tokens and they got randomly sent out to some contract, I did not send them and I am worried someone had access to my account. It might be normal but I am pretty concerened

I would advise you to create a new erc-20 wallet
And transfer every asset you have out of the account

You have probably been phased out or a fraud attempt
regardless you can’t take chances and guess
You need to do the needful now
As fast as you can
Enyi001

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 08:22:35 AM

Your tokens were sent out of your wallet either because you ventured into a phishing site and your private keys were exposed or you probably sent them out without knowing. Aside these, it is hard for your tokens to be sent out just like that.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:34:16 AM

The question to ask is not "Why" but what steps should I take to prevent further attacks on the tokens left in my wallet because its obvious yours were hacked. Aside all that has already been mentioned on this thread, you probably need to slow down on these worthless free airdrops and in particular be careful of the ones that will take you to a clone MEW site and ask you to sign and verify your wallet address. You get to lose your private key that way.
crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:57:38 PM

This is not by any chance normal !!

When funds are sent out from a wallet you hold the key to and likely the only person that knows it and finds tokens been sent out without you actually sending them out then your wallet has been compromised and the next step is to stop any future coins from going to this wallet asap!
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:12:05 PM

Could you show us the tx hash ? i think someone have access to your wallet and that is very bad.
i suggest you to make a new wallet and immediately move your worth coins to your new wallet.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
the ghabbar

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

Futiracoin.com

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:30:38 PM

if in my understanding they take or withdraw tokens that they send are not in accordance with the contract because of a random delivery system, and I also believe that no one else accesses your account unless your password has been shared, so do not be afraid.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:35:44 PM

There is no way to get your tokens sent automatically as long as it is being done by person. As the transactions made here are embedded in the blockchain and thus getting locked out forever then there is not a slightest error that it is being manipulated. I think you have entered your private key in the phishing website and thus you have given it away to hacker. You should send rest of the currencies into new wallet and forget about this wallet. It is been compromised already and if you put more currencies in it then you will get screwed again. Its better not to use it and always take precautions while you use the ERC 20 wallets with private keys.
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:38:48 PM

No, this isn't possible. How should the smart contract sign a transaction with your private key? Most probably the computer was compromised or he was phished.
I think so too! Literally impossible for a contract to be made to have conditions like that. And i've never heard of it until now, that's why i asked, maybe this kind of thing is really happening to a lot of users idk.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:42:51 PM

I do not know exactly what happens, but you should set up a new account, try and find a way to avoid losing Private key in any form!
Wish you good luck and success!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: