Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:36:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I pst this because I knw Im not the only one who wants to forget Bitcoin.  (Read 986 times)
Abitcoinfuture (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:43:26 AM

I have struggled and hustled my hardest to try to get into bitcoin, I have proposed excellent strategies to banks, I have offered flawless advice to people willing to invest, however the investments do not mathematically work more is needed, I have lost so much sleep, I even turned to ebay to act as an intermediate for people looking to get bitcoin hardware uncertain which companies to use and which to trust, posting auctions for reputable sources and then actually fully informing buyers and only charging the extra to cover ebay and paypal fees. Giving them personal contact information offering to give them complete tech support free of charge to help them do well with means that I do not possess.

I have made every honest attempt to get a bone thrown my way even offered on several occasions to repay BTC loan. I also tried the donations route, regardless of how honest and how hard I try I keep hitting a brick wall, I feel an emptiness inside me because I know I am missing out on one of the most potentially influential times in history and missing my opportunity to obtain bitcoin and use it to strengthen and influence more people into the economy use it to purchase a college education for my daughter now when she's only 5, no selfish intentions yet still even though all of my intentions pure and all of my efforts strong, it's starting to cost me sleep and consume everything in my heart and mind. So I guess I need to just try and forget about it as hard as it will be I need to push it as far from my mind as possible because it's literally torture.

I wish all of you luck in your endeavors and all of you fantastic humans that saw it coming and made sure to do the right things and did not lose faith, you have helped construct the most incredible idea in such a long time. I am so happy and envious, if nothing else my mind is truly open now after months of dire efforts I now see things more clearly at least. Good luck all!

If you feel the same way hopefully knowing another out there feels this way will give you strength to try and ignore it.
Mr. Socko

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 08:07:43 AM

forget mining, buy the bitcoins directly. Get a dummy bank account, the same dummy bank account you use to verify paypal will work. Use the dummy bank account to verify a coinbase account. Verify address and phone. Buy bitcoins. Put into paper wallet or electrum.... put some into cryptsy... invest in a stake of NEM.. whatever you want.

OldCoinMiner

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:12:24 AM

Or mine altcoin...
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 08:50:21 AM

I don't see how it is difficult to get into bitcoins??
Go to localbitcoins and buy from whoever lives near you...

There are so many ways to get a small amount of btc to start things going..
You may not be able to fund a college education yet
but "forgetting" about bitcoin is the opposite direction you should be heading
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:03:55 AM

I have lost so much sleep

If that's the case, your are simply over invested.

I really can't understand how People can put so much in a new technology they use sleep over it.

I put only play money into Bitcoin. Yes I could be ridiculously rich by now if I had risked my complete savings. But I still think this would have been absolutely retarded. I'm happy about what I have, not sad about what I could have had.

And I still have a healthy sleep and check the Bitcoin price maybe once a month. Forgetting about Bitcoin the Moment I go to bed.

For the Future, I hope with your sleepless nights you have learned your lesson. Invest enough to be happy about it when it works, but only so much you can easily forget about it.  Especially if it's the even riskier mining business.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
calian

Activity: 354

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:16:48 AM

Yeah, pick a CPU mineable alt if you don't have a killer GPU, mine it and sell for BTC. Keep these offline stored away for 10+ years. Also put 1% of your earnings or whatever you can afford into crypto savings. Or if you're really bold get you employer to pay you in bitcoin through one of those payroll places that offer it now.
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:41:40 PM

If you need/want some bitcoins  just buy them.  Invest in what you can afford to potentially lose.

As far as minning, you can always do alt coin minning.

As far as saving money for your daughters college education, you still have 13 years to invest into that.  Nothing stopping you from peridocally buying bitcoins and holding onto them over the next 13 years.  If bitcoin reaches its full potential then the value of bitcoin should have gone up quite a bit in 13 years.

If by missing out on something like bitcoin you mean that you missed out on the era where you could mine thousands of bitcoins on a regular computer, then yes you missed out on that.  But its still not too late to invest in bitcoin or other altcoins.  Everything is still in it's infancy.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
stormbono

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:29:37 PM

Dont give up dude.. there are small steps and small investments possible! Which in the long run will def. be worth it!
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:37:40 PM

https://coinbase.com

Easiest point of entry if you're based in the US and have a bank account.

Buy and HODL!

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████