Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:07:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spammers in the Forum [Suggestion]  (Read 151 times)
ArkiCrypto (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:21:57 AM

Even though the implementation of the merit system in the forum is a success, there's a lot of people who created a alt accounts to do spams by joining signature campaigns and spread nonsense posts, just imagine if a person created 3 alts and joined to bounty signature campaign that has a requirements of 15 posts per week it's 45 useless posts per week what more the other users if they have more than 3 alts account.

I've made a report about 2-3 threads here in the forum reporting about the spammers and I don't want to spam this meta thread by creating new topics whenever I saw spammers and reporting them.

Well i would like to ask if it's alright to make this thread as a reporting for spammers and in this way the moderators will just going to look at this thread, review the users and let the mod/higher rank members to judge them. just like what LoyceV in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926895.0

PS. I will edit this if it was approved and I will lock the topic if not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 07:32:29 AM
Merited by SFR10 (1), ArkiCrypto (1)

Even though the implementation of the merit system in the forum is a success,
Who said so? Merit has failed to control the spam of the forum - this idea is wrong. Merit was never meant to control spam, its primary objective was to prevent shitposters from ranking up. Controlling spam was secondary.

there's a lot of people who created a alt accounts to do spams by joining signature campaigns and spread nonsense posts, just imagine if a person created 3 alts and joined to bounty signature campaign that has a requirements of 15 posts per week it's 45 useless posts per week what more the other users if they have more than 3 alts account.

I've made a report about 2-3 threads here in the forum reporting about the spammers and I don't want to spam this meta thread by creating new topics whenever I saw spammers and reporting them.

PS. I will edit this if it was approved and I will lock the topic if not.

There is already a thread for reporting alt accounts here - Known Alts of any-one - A User Generated List Mk III (2018 Q2)
Once you have enough proof of such accounts being connected in any way or another make a proper report in the thread in the proper format (TL is very picky about format). Then await action from DT. No need to make another thread for all this. That makes life hard for DT.

Well i would like to ask if it's alright to make this thread as a reporting for spammers and in this way the moderators will just going to look at this thread, review the users and let the mod/higher rank members to judge them. just like what LoyceV in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926895.0
That is a different case. Alt account spammers need to be banned - while if they abuse campaigns they need to marked red. Both are better to be posted in that link I posted above.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x