Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:42:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RapidCoin - Just Launched! [COINMARKET.IO] [POOLS] [BOUNTIES]  (Read 79271 times)
rapidcoin (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:03:58 AM

1% is too much...

Firstly thanks for the feedback;

With our calculations we thing 1% is enough as we have the bounties to pay for, the launch give away (details to be released shortly) and to sustain support for the longevity of the coin. All the information about the pre-mine and where the coins are going to is going to be publicly available on a sort of ledger on the main site after launch.

That way we can be 100% transparent with you the user, it also gives a chance for people that don't have mining rigs to get involved in the coin by dedicating some time and submitting some work to help RapidCoin grow. We understand that some people won't agree with us, but as part of our philosophy we want to make RapidCoin feel as much yours as it is ours.
mahorelee

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:13:25 AM

Could be interesting. Will watch this.
bongsoup

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:36:48 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 06:48:08 AM by bongsoup

1% is too much...

It really isn't as far as a premine goes. I think OP is transparent and he said what it will be used for anyways. Apparently this is going as "The community's coin" and frankly I like it.

Also, dat logo doe  Grin  lookin' sexy guys.

SC: BTLeV8KdYieuBN9sQbaVwBqkeLHgrT8GHF
rapidcoin (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:53:48 AM

1% is too much...

It really isn't as far as a premine goes. I think OP is transparent and he said what it will be used for anyways. Apparently this is going as "The community's coin" and frankly I like it.

Bongsoup pretty much has it spot on, there will be a ledger of some sort on the main website with what the pre-mine has gone too (bounties, give-aways, contests, advertising etc). We believe a coins success is based on the community so we aim to involve the whole community one way or another i.e through bounties, give-aways etc.

The logo was quickly mocked up by our web/design dev while we wait for a few people who applied for the bounty to get back to us. We wanted to give the thread a bit of a shine Wink
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:57:11 AM

1% is too much...

Bongsoup pretty much has it spot on, there will be a ledger of some sort on the main website with what the pre-mine has gone too (bounties, give-aways, contests, advertising etc). We believe a coins success is based on the community so we aim to involve the whole community one way or another i.e through bounties, give-aways etc.

The logo was quickly mocked up by our web/design dev while we wait for a few people who applied for the bounty to get back to us. We wanted to give the thread a bit of a shine Wink

Personally I don't have an issue at all with small premines like this, as long as the devs are up-front about it.

If you want a successful coin, you need devs who are willing to stay active and continue improving/working on it, and the devs have no incentive to do so if they're paying for everything out of pocket while miners are the only ones reaping the benefits.  I have no problem at all with small premines that are used for bounties on coin services, even if a little bit ends up in the dev's pocket.
rapidcoin (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:52:53 PM

Hi everyone!

Sorry we haven't posted in the last few hours, we have been working full steam ahead for launch!

Our web dev has passed on a couple of images he took on his coffee break (number 5 for the day already!) Check the OP to see them!

*EDIT* We have update launch page to reflect the free 25 RPD for the first 100 signups! (we will be checking for double ip/e-mails and you will not be eligible if you do)
riggityroche

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:09:14 AM

I'll be mining. Smiley
rapidcoin (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:42:58 AM

I'll be mining. Smiley

Sounds great!

We have had astounding amounts of interest with the free RPD signup, there are still some spaces left so be in quick!

Stay tuned for some more updates as soon as one of the dev's pushes them through
scarface

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:45:58 AM

at least the premine is justified

give em credit for at-least not lying to you

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:57:34 AM

Yes, that's +++ ... but try to mining 1% of all coins ever, with your mining rig, then you will really feel how much it is  Cheesy
rapidcoin (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:11:48 AM

Yes, that's +++ ... but try to mining 1% of all coins ever, with your mining rig, then you will really feel how much it is  Cheesy

We agree that pre-mining a coin sounds like a bad thing, but really it ensures a healthy and long living coin. Without a pre-mine we would not be able to have multiple give-aways, faucets, bounties etc etc.

All of the pre-mine expenditure will be detailed in a ledger also on the main website to ensure transparency.
affan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Create smart contracts without coding skills!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 02:17:28 AM

Yes, that's +++ ... but try to mining 1% of all coins ever, with your mining rig, then you will really feel how much it is  Cheesy

We agree that pre-mining a coin sounds like a bad thing, but really it ensures a healthy and long living coin. Without a pre-mine we would not be able to have multiple give-aways, faucets, bounties etc etc.

All of the pre-mine expenditure will be detailed in a ledger also on the main website to ensure transparency.

Let me in  Smiley

ALFATOKEN   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Sept, 29 - Oct, 29
coinhash

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:40:51 AM

New pool up, come pre-register

http://rpd.hashrapid.com

dedicated tier 1

HASHRAPID.COM - Hand Picked, Only the Best FLAPPY | COINO | MINT | TOPCOIN | RUBY | WOLONG PANDA
rapidcoin (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:18:11 AM

New pool up, come pre-register

http://rpd.hashrapid.com

dedicated tier 1

Added to post.

We would like to thank you all for your support guys! This is only the beginning.
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:48:52 AM

Pity the Pool!  RapidCoin (RPD)

- Solid servers, UPS/generator backups
- Redundant internet
- 1.5% fee

http://rpd.pitythepool.com

Accepting registrations now, stratum ports will be opened up on launch day

slntdth7

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:28:20 AM

I'm actually really excited for this and about to register for a pool so my miner will go to it on launch....

Question is, which pool will actually get miners.

Im curious, which pool has people registered at?

I dont need pool operators linking me to their pool, i see them thru the thread
bongsoup

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:51:53 AM

I'm actually really excited for this and about to register for a pool so my miner will go to it on launch....

Same here, rather surprised at the lack of attention this is getting. I will definitely be mining this from the start, I see definite value in this.

SC: BTLeV8KdYieuBN9sQbaVwBqkeLHgrT8GHF
bwfighting

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:44:23 AM

Looks very interesting, I'll keep a close eye on this. Also, i think 1% premine is too much. You can make more money if the coin is accepted by other investors. The less the premine is , the better futher the rapid coin has!
rapidcoin (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:44:31 AM

Same here, rather surprised at the lack of attention this is getting. I will definitely be mining this from the start, I see definite value in this.

The thread is lacking a little, but the amount of interest we are getting through the sign up on front page is rather big. There isn't much more to add to the thread at the moment as things are full steam ahead for launch, but we may have a couple of updates very soon Smiley
rapidcoin (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:51:14 AM

Looks very interesting, I'll keep a close eye on this. Also, i think 1% premine is too much. You can make more money if the coin is accepted by other investors. The less the premine is , the better futher the rapid coin has!

We can understand why people dislike pre-mine, but if you read above our reasoning is clear. The pre-mine is solely to promote health and longevity of the coin through give aways, bounties, services, marketing etc.

Without all the above the coin would not be able to exist.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: