Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:16:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One small Forum improvement  (Read 213 times)
DenCho? (OP)

Activity: 494
Merit: 120

In BTC we trust!

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 11:00:32 AM

I have an idea how to make merit system more useful. Wink (I know you are fond of themes about merits)

I think it would be great to see if the topic was already merited by someone in the topic list (before opening). It could be high lighted somehow (with some colors or just particularly bold text) or may be extra column near "replies" and "views".

In my opinion it would be fair to see your topic different from the others a bit more than a small line between the subject and your text, of course if you deserve it.

I'm sorry if this topic was already raised and did not meet a support, but i could not find something similar.

@BitcoinSchool_bot - oбpaзoвaтeльный Telegram-бoт. Учиcь, пoкa oпять нe нaчaлocь!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16655

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 11:10:50 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2018, 11:23:08 AM by LoyceV

It's been suggested before to add a feature to only show merited posts, or some sort of ranking.
I expect (hope!) this will be implemented once the Merit system has been around long enough to have enough merited posts to be worth the changes.

I could make a (very long) list of all merited posts, sorted by merit amount if anyone is interested.

mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:17:09 AM

How about the replies of a topic? There are lot of topics which is not merited but the replies have merits.

Anyway, I do not think the readers need any extra attention to identify merited posts. Just keep meriting as long as you have sMerits.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:28:47 PM

This is not justified at the moment because theres only like 1 post merited in like 20 threads. Once there is more merit sources and  they are actively distributing it then this feature would be useful. In the current state of the merit system its not though.
DenCho? (OP)

In BTC we trust!

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 02:08:56 PM

This is not justified at the moment because theres only like 1 post merited in like 20 threads. Once there is more merit sources and  they are actively distributing it then this feature would be useful. In the current state of the merit system its not though.

I see this situation, that's why i offer this. It is a bit tiring to open and read so much worthless topics in most of forum brunches, isn't it?

How about the replies of a topic? There are lot of topics which is not merited but the replies have merits.

Merited replies could be always shown higher, cause they could be useful for readers. It's not a problem to highlight them a bit more. When you see interesting topic and more than 5 pages of not very different opinions, do look through them all?

@BitcoinSchool_bot - oбpaзoвaтeльный Telegram-бoт. Учиcь, пoкa oпять нe нaчaлocь!
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:16:34 PM

I do not see any need in the change that you offer. You are the one who would love to see that your post is different from others, I guess others just do not care, it's cool that someone merit the thread, but to color it up I count as unnecessary change.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3652

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 03:45:40 PM

There could be new choices in Look and Layout Preferences such as:
1. Show merit posts at the top (click to activate). 2. Do not show topics that do not have merits.
And other things, it depends on the extent of the success of the system and achieves its goals? which we will get the first assessment next month "after six months."

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
DenCho? (OP)

In BTC we trust!

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 04:19:16 PM

1. Show merit posts at the top (click to activate). 2. Do not show topics that do not have merits.
And other things, it depends on the extent of the success of the system and achieves its goals? which we will get the first assessment next month "after six months."

Is it part of official announcement that i missed or just your really nice ideas?) If first, please, give us a link to read about our bright future Cheesy

funsponge

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:32:39 PM

I see this situation, that's why i offer this. It is a bit tiring to open and read so much worthless topics in most of forum brunches, isn't it?
It is just laziness. If everyone had this attitude there would be no posts merited to be able to filter out because they would be relying on others finding good quality posts. If you aren't reading the whole thread then your part of the problem.
DenCho? (OP)

In BTC we trust!

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 09:24:00 PM

It is just laziness. If everyone had this attitude there would be no posts merited to be able to filter out because they would be relying on others finding good quality posts. If you aren't reading the whole thread then your part of the problem.

You could call it like this if you want. As for me it is normal that the community estimate usefulness of information that is written here. I don't want to make unmerited post invisible (may be make it optional) but mark useful post a bit more.

I guess you don't agree that a lot of post/replies on this forum are not worth reading Roll Eyes(doubled, stupid, meaningless, just for bounty and etc)?

funsponge

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:32:05 PM

You could call it like this if you want. As for me it is normal that the community estimate usefulness of information that is written here. I don't want to make unmerited post invisible (may be make it optional) but mark useful post a bit more.

I guess you don't agree that a lot of post/replies on this forum are not worth reading Roll Eyes(doubled, stupid, meaningless, just for bounty and etc)?

I agree that the at least half of the posts on this forum are worthless however in its current state there are not enough posts being merited to make this is worth while. Once there are more merit sources and more posts being merited then this could be a good idea.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:43:37 PM

That wouldn't work out or be an ideal solution to the problem. Posts are subjective, I can confirm I have come across posts which I find highly useful over the posts which have good number of merits. One would be limiting to a number of posts by using merit as the only filter segregate good posts. For instance, if I had activated the 'Show only merited posts filter', I would have never seen the post which turned out to be most useful for me.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:35:25 PM

Merited replies could be always shown higher, cause they could be useful for readers. It's not a problem to highlight them a bit more. When you see interesting topic and more than 5 pages of not very different opinions, do look through them all?
Seems like you are making good sense. What you are talking about is, a sorting feature to sort posts by merit - ascending and/or descending however you like it?

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: