Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:19:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Realistic 2014  (Read 500 times)
erok (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:31:52 PM

I posted this in a thread the other day and thought it merited some followup as a thread on it's own. I would like to discuss my outlook on the market in its current state... Everyone is wondering what coins to invest in. Considering that success is heavily dependent on the dev team behind it and their dedication to innovation and security.

Firstly, I don't think Bitcoin will go to 5 grand a pop. Maybe 2 or 3?

With that in mind, here's my list:
Battlecoin - Phase 3 should be a big push for this currency which should solidify the market cap in the top twenty -  .00005 - 0.0001
Peercoin - Best store of value. POS is legit. -  0.01 maybe 0.0125
Cryptogenic Bullion - 2014 is the year of the Bull. Solid gains. -  0.0075 to 0.01
Zetacoin - Big new things are supposed to come out this month and next. They already have a steamstore lol. - .0001
Primecoin - Obvious bet since cryptsy is building submarkets for this. But this is a wildcard which could go through the roof.

My long shot bets are still EAC, OSC, and VERT

About the market's state: December was stupid. Bitcoin became a fad worldwide which caused a ton of people to rush the market that didn't know what they were doing. It was a global FuturamaFry-"shutup and take my money"-event. This created a bubble. Right now I think the market is dealing with that bubble better than anyone could have a ever expected. Due to this, I believe the latter half of this past month and the beginning half of this month have been huge times to buy. EAC is at 150 and their dev's are still pushing stuff out and doing charitable events (according to their PR). But I think the best direct example of this bubble and burst would be Peercoin which saw 7 dollar prices at the beginning of January and is now at 5. It had continuous (exponential even) growth in the months before due to Sunny King's continuous involvement during the burst.

Finally, I see threads talking about Alt coins just being BTC traps. These are incorrect. Alt currencies are what is beautiful about the idea of a crypto currency. It is the idea that there could be better ways to create a digital store of value. Of course this will spawn innovative ideas on how to implement this and isn't that the definition of a free market? To offer incentive for new and innovative ideas. Let the best coin stand in the long run as a standard worldwide ( *cough* Peercoin/Primecoin *cough*).

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
hammo

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:09:21 AM

I like the selection and they seem to be fair valuations. I'm not big on Peercoin because it's stable but not seemingly doing anything. Zetacoin is undervalued for sure compared to other alts with similar age and coin supply. Zetacoin in the next month with reduce to maintenace mode and the supply cut to 1 million per year. 160 million seems like a lot, but isn't much when the price rises and supply is limited.

Battlecoin is too new to tell and will probably rise then fall to some level, just not sure when.

I'll check back in 6 months to see how your precitions pan out. PM me if I forget Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: