Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:50:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Current BTC price in every post  (Read 1085 times)
gressen (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 12:56:30 PM

Do you know what would be really useful? If every post in Speculation board had the current price added automatically. This way one could easily place people's statements in price context.

If for example someone would post that they expect drop to $1 the forum would add information that the price at the time of posting was $6.

I understand that adding this is change that might not happen for various reasons, but nevertheless - what do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 01:08:21 PM

Do you know what would be really useful? If every post in Speculation board had the current price added automatically. This way one could easily place people's statements in price context.

Sounds like a good idea.  If people wanted full transparency to see who is 'talking their book' then include a summary of their trading positions too.  The latter isn't possible, but we can dream  Smiley
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 01:38:58 PM

If for example someone would post that they expect drop to $1 the forum would add information that the price at the time of posting was $6.

I understand that adding this is change that might not happen for various reasons, but nevertheless - what do you think?

Nice idea. Could probably even be added easily afterwards, just some css that takes the posting date/time and inserts some stats from bitcoincharts.

Any volunteers for creating a theme?  Grin

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 09:56:40 PM

Brillant idea!
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 04:24:22 AM

Not to hijack this thread's idea, as I think it's a great one, but one other organizational thing that would go along with this is a way to filter out old threads that keep get bumped for whatever reason, but are mostly old news. To do this, if we could sort threads by the date of the first post instead of the last posting date, it would be very helpful.  What would be even better, though, would be to still sort threads by last posting date, but to filter out threads with first posts older than a certain threshold.  To put this into context, I don't need to see a thread entitled "RALLY!1!" when it was started months ago and has largely become divorced from the current market state.
gressen (OP)

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 09:52:15 PM

I'm happy you like the idea.

How do we get some traction? I'd love to see this implemented.
k4rn4k

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 01:20:21 AM

+1
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 06:14:56 AM

Not to hijack this thread's idea, as I think it's a great one, but one other organizational thing that would go along with this is a way to filter out old threads that keep get bumped for whatever reason, but are mostly old news. To do this, if we could sort threads by the date of the first post instead of the last posting date, it would be very helpful.  What would be even better, though, would be to still sort threads by last posting date, but to filter out threads with first posts older than a certain threshold.  To put this into context, I don't need to see a thread entitled "RALLY!1!" when it was started months ago and has largely become divorced from the current market state.

...or at least something that makes older posts really stand out as 'old' so that you don't accidentally reply to it, thinking it was just posted.

like, the posts currently alternate background colour of white/lavendar... what if any posts older than say 30 days were coloured brown... so you can easily see at a glance where an old thread was bumped.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: