Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:56:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum cold-wallet, recommendation  (Read 270 times)
boulderchain

Activity: 59
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:18:09 PM

Like many already mentioned, you can use MyEtherWallet.

In addition: You can download the site and use it offline. If you plan to create a complete secure cold address, I would recommend to start from a Live OS (e.g. Ubuntu) and create the wallet there while being offline.

Then save your private key, wallet.dat and passphrase in a password safe.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clover12 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:12:38 PM

Thanks again for the help!!

I'd like to buy a Trezor or other pricey suggestions for storage, but for now I am doing this for free, as a learning trial.

I managed to get through most of the steps for My Ether Wallet (public key, password, private key, and keystore file)

But I plan to scrap the MEW I created, and then make another MEW while trying to do it offline, somehow, following your advice..  will be looking into imToken, and Ubuntu

This is surprising though to first learn these new technologies! Lips sealed  It's like a totally new ecosystem to me
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:26:34 PM

Are hardwallet like nano and ledger waterproof? If they aren't then I can see that ain't safe.

I do just use the MEW which I prefer because I find it easy but would take minutes to work on if you use the Json file whcih is by the way much safer in my opinion. I'd like to try cold wallet just to lure someone who could possibly still it. I won't put anything there but for this purpose alone.
boulderchain

Activity: 59
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:31:45 PM

But I plan to scrap the MEW I created, and then make another MEW while trying to do it offline, somehow, following your advice..  will be looking into imToken, and Ubuntu

This is surprising though to first learn these new technologies! Lips sealed  It's like a totally new ecosystem to me

Just to clear things up. When you create a new wallet, all you need is your private key to access your funds. The additional wallet file (which is secured with a passphrase) is just an encrypted version of that private key. This is only needed to make it harder for attackers to access your funds. They will need the file AND the password instead of just the private key.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:38:27 PM

I'll add to the users that are relying on a Nano Ledger S. Not sure what the wait is there days - it was a few months when I ordered mine, but I would recommend going through the manufacturer. Getting it third party can be faster, but it's less secure. I haven't been using it a ton, but it's relatively easy and straightforward and there's plenty of tutorials available online.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:42:30 PM

There are many cold wallet solutions but get a ledger nano s not to regret, it is also cheap for me, even if you have no money you can earn with bounties. It may have saved millions of dollars of investors so far.

CoinMarcel

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:50:58 PM

I agree with justin86. Just buy the Ledger Nano S. No problems or sleepless nights anymore.
chulos

Activity: 268
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:36:04 PM

Most importantly, keep your private key safe. I recommend purchasing a wallet hardware and you do not have to worry about the security of your digital capital from hackers and thieves.
Here you have the options -
Ledger Nano S - www.ledgerwallet.com
TREZOR - https://shop.trezor.io
KeepKey - www.keepkey.com

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
clover12 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:49:49 PM

OP (newbie) reporting back

I followed your recommendation and just purchased a hardware wallet.

But Im still learning!  Now I am trying to figure out airdrops.

Ques: What is an "ERC20 ETHERIUM WALLET" ?
ra213

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 06:44:43 AM

OP (newbie) reporting back

I followed your recommendation and just purchased a hardware wallet.

But Im still learning!  Now I am trying to figure out airdrops.

Ques: What is an "ERC20 ETHERIUM WALLET" ?

May this would be better as separate question. Basically all wallets where you own your private keys, like MyEtherWallet, because as long as you have your private key you can also access the token on this address.

In comparison you will not be able to access your tokens when you use an address from an exchange like Coinbase.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
engrawaz

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:59:28 AM

I would easily recommend Ledger Nano S, since they are adding more coins consistently unlike other hardware wallets.

setting up an account is very simple just follow a tutorial video on youtube and you are done. Be careful tho don't show your seed phrases to anyone and make sure to store them properly.
Srujan007

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:05:01 AM

if you are thinking of hardware wallet then Ledger Nano S is good.

For software based decentralized wallet ImToken is good as it has it's own decentralized exchange platform too in version 2 and above.

Hope this helps you  Wink
zhanglichen

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:47:15 PM

As my view , I think the cold-wallet just like a SD card . You can store your wallet or pricy key in anywhere . Not just in cold-wallet . Such as u flash disk or other private computer . I just backup my wallet by script in some special time point .

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:03:58 PM

The two cold wallets you'll hear about mostly are Trezor and Ledger Nano. They are best used as a savings account for your crypto assets, but both have a decent UI and shouldn't be difficult to set up once you get them.

Hope this helps!
kuzawi

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:09:38 PM

Nano ledger but be sure to pay the full price and buy only from the official website.
CRYPTON0101

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 04:27:20 AM

Im an advocate for ledger nano s
They continually update and integrate new coins. With the amount of activity and New ICOs you need a wallet tnat can keep up with the changing times. There Customer
 support is good as well
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: