Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:05:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your thoughts on energy projects?  (Read 505 times)
bstewart (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:39:49 PM

There is a lot of talk of various projects and the future of the market but I am curious on everyone's opinions on the future of blockchain energy projects like Power Ledger, Restart Energy, Sun Contract, etc.

Do you think these really have the potential to completely change the way people buy and sell energy?
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:45:07 PM

Yes but I think it will take a little more than a token to do so. I personally think crypto will accelerate green energy adoption in the long run but to actually make a P2P energy economy possible you need infrastructure.

seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:47:37 PM

I see good future for this projects and want to invest in ElonCity project in August-2018 because it will be the best of all green energy projects.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:50:51 PM

I like the concept of this projects a lot but I have one problem with most of the project related to this, no one until this moment come up with an effective way to transfer the energy, there is great ideas and they go in details in every thing but when they come to explain how this energy can be transfer in an effective way the image is not really clear .
Vness10

Activity: 372
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:58:56 PM

There is a lot of talk of various projects and the future of the market but I am curious on everyone's opinions on the future of blockchain energy projects like Power Ledger, Restart Energy, Sun Contract, etc.

Do you think these really have the potential to completely change the way people buy and sell energy?
I think Yes as long they use a cryptocurrecy as their pay method in their platform i think their project will be successful. And it will be useful for all of us that using energy every day.

http://7hash.com?ref=7f466fb77323861
fakegurutu

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:02:02 PM

Of course, in a long run, these types of blockchain energy projects has the potentials to be exactly what we need in the near future and also today. Robotina is also an energy project platforms that also involved in buy and sell energy without owning an energy plant. Common yet very much useful to everyone. Gonna invest more with these kinds of projects.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:30:13 PM

Smart resource consumption I think is an inevitability and one that is enabled by blockchain. It's simply superior to share energy and not waste when there is no need to, and blockchain is the missing component that can allow simple sharing. I think it's viable to participate in energy projects, making sure of course that you're getting involved in a solid project and not some snake oil.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2856
Merit: 593

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:35:00 PM

Good question. Sun Contract ICO has started last year isn't it? But we still haven't felt the impact of it. So I think it will take years, probably 5 - 10 years to realized the full potential of such projects. Unless some well know big players in the Energy industry started to promote as the best alternatives in today's power and energy issue, then it could take off. However, for me its too early to say if it will bring the needed change in the way people consume or buy or sell energy. Also, I think the government should spearhead some of the projects, I think its also one good reason to see its impact on a country at least.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
ThomasV80

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:58:05 PM

yes, I think such a project is one of the projects that has good potential. but the success of a project can not rely on one thing, the success of a project depends on many things, including a team of developers, partnerships, development programs, regulations, and so on.
Katabit

Activity: 203
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:58:52 PM

So far, even the main blockchains such as (Ethereum, Waves, Neo, Bitcoin etc) do not enjoy world popularity, they are not used for large transactions, they are not used in trade between large campaigns or states. It is necessary that the main crypto-currencies take their place in the world economy. After that, projects for the energy sector will have real benefits and work to the full.

tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

I think they have great potential, also add wepower in your list, i think they will revolutionize the energy market in coming years, their tokens are also severely undervalued at the moment and soon we will see market growing again that will help in the value of these tokens to grow as well.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:12:17 PM

Everyone talks about all these ways that some project based on the blockchain would be able to change the world but be honest, how many of them ever actually have some influence when it comes to the industries they try to break into? I can't see power ledger breaking out anytime soon, and honestly it just seems to be a means of selling a token on a dream that'll likely never be realized. But I'd love to eat my words in a situation like that. There are some legitimate tokens that have some promise that are a lot easier to use and have a better target audience, like the Theta token project or the Fanchain (yes I'm getting paid by them by the project at least makes sense). Most of the time these token ICOs and projects dream big but can't really compete against the existing infrastructure and framework we have. Or at least not in a way that makes sense.
kojoannan

Activity: 294

www.daxico.com

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:18:39 PM

There are recent attempt of most energy ventures migrating to blockchain. With greenhouse effect and renewable energy and  hydropowers. Energy sector is one place that is benefiting from the development of blockchain.

Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 11:52:41 PM

energy projects should be a project to watch out for. because, after all, projects that have energy themes require enormous capital because it is not trivial.
Today we see more and more about energy project, but i also doubt about it
jonland22

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:00:49 AM

Since there is a growing concern over energy issues i think these energy based crypto projects will soon become a huge industry, some countries have poor energy resources and if these project can pull through and conduct their business everywhere soon their coins will surely go to moon regardless of market conditions.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
erichall

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:35:59 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2018, 03:29:12 AM by erichall

Good question. Sun Contract ICO has started last year isn't it? But we still haven't felt the impact of it. So I think it will take years, probably 5 - 10 years to realized the full potential of such projects. Unless some well know big players in the Energy industry started to promote as the best alternatives in today's power and energy issue, then it could take off. However, for me its too early to say if it will bring the needed change in the way people consume or buy or sell energy. Also, I think the government should spearhead some of the projects, I think its also one good reason to see its impact on a country at least.

Yeah it was last year like July or something? They were the first to bring their energy project to market. But it doesn't seem to have had a positive impact on their price.
Coka2209

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:57:48 AM

You can find out about the wepower project, which is very good.
KroFly

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:08:36 AM

The energy industry is becoming more popular. Now alternative energy sources are developing, therefore, such projects will always be relevant and necessary. It's clear that not everyone will be able to realize themselves as always, but pay attention to them.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Ealaings

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:19:15 AM

I like the concept of this projects a lot but I have one problem with most of the project related to this, no one until this moment come up with an effective way to transfer the energy, there is great ideas and they go in details in every thing but when they come to explain how this energy can be transfer in an effective way the image is not really clear .
Hi khufuking,

Actually, Restart Energy's Mwat, has the perfect way of transferring energy: their franchise system. If you own minimum 10k tokens (about $500 at the current mwat value), you can open a franchise in your city. That means that, for instance, if you are from Toronto and you open your franchise there, someone from Danemark could send you the tokens - witch you could transform into energy. Keep in mind that Restart Energy already have like 300 franchises all around the world. I hope the explanation you needed is here! Smiley
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:25:30 AM

Yes, I think so in the long-term. At the moment crypto is infamous for being a waste of energy - the huge resources expended on BTC mining for example. So I'm not sure whether this existing notoriety will be a good thing or a bad thing for a crypto energy project. Certainly it can't start from a lower base, so I suppose the only way is up.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: