Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:53:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cab Business! Innovation!  (Read 935 times)
Trance (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:24:09 PM

Would it be a good idea if one started a Bitcoin/cryptocoin business that offers the service of being able to send Bitcoin to the website in order to get a cab delivered to your exact location and you only need to put in the start address and destination, a total with come up and an estimated time for how long until the nearest local cab will arrive! I guess profits will be made off tips from customers and Bitcoiners who live the idea, OR perhaps a membership eventually and work with local cab drivers or agencies. Mainly I want to somehow promote local cab drivers to accept Bitcoin in order to inevitably promote Bitcoin. Funny how I got the idea recently after I took a cab to Tiger Direct and the entire drive we talked about Bitcoin and I had him download a wallet and I offered to pay for it in Bitcoin after showing him websites like Forbes and other media jib-jab because initially he thought I was trying to defraud him by saying its actually more valuable than fiat* I would use my card immediately as a front to purchase the cab driver since once the Bitcoin is sent its trusted that the person cannot file a charge back which is a problem in this world today, examples Paypal (circus of fraud) Western Union and wire transfers in general! Viva la Bitcoin!!

What does everyone think about establishing this idea and cabs would eventually have QR codes on the sides with giant Bitcoin Logos! I would love to make ideas like this happen, but there does not seem to be a lot of places to share ideas to those who personally want to invest into Bitcoin businesses, along with bringing huge amounts of awareness and promotion for the use of Bitcoin

Kiss

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 05:20:34 PM

Sure it is good idea!

I this it is just a matter of time when paying via cryptos will be world wide and maybe one day I will go buy 1kg of potatos for 0.0002 BTC Smiley
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:19:25 PM

As a heavy cab user, I'd love to pay in BTC, tho' spontaneity is key. Start requiring memberships and web orders and whatnot and people might as well just get a private chauffeur.

I would love to make ideas like this happen, but there does not seem to be a lot of places to share ideas to those who personally want to invest into Bitcoin businesses, along with bringing huge amounts of awareness and promotion for the use of Bitcoin

To this end, you might have a read here. It's not that you don't have where to share, you just need to do it in a meaningful way.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
bitkoyun

Activity: 519
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 08:37:40 PM

Turkish startup bitaksi.com runs call-a-taxi service in Istanbul with most of the things you mentioned except they charge the cab fee from your credit card. I believe they can easily adapt their system to accept bitcoins.
Trance (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:32:18 PM

Coming to a cab service near you  Shocked

Trance (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:20:04 AM

I wonder where to find good investors besides conferences, I think once someone sees the ambition and energy I have, along with the passion for cryptography and cryptocurrencies that I could potentially get an endowment, $1000 is nothing for many people within the Btc realm and that would launch this business!

Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:22:44 AM

Issue with this is that bitcoins are slow, really slow, slower than the majority of most taxi journeys, so, what stops someone double spending your money?

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: