Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:58:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tips for newbies when dealing with ico's to invest with  (Read 122 times)
ishirut009 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 03:28:46 AM

tips for newbies when dealing with ico's to invest with

I can see a lot of new people coming into crypto here that are investing on new projects.
As a newbie before i know that the main thing newbies are wanna consider is, IS this coin is not scam ?
When i know that, that coin is not scam after diving into some details then im going to invest my hard earn money on it.
That's very me months AGO.

What i understand right now as i study investing and researching anything that will prosper myself in terms of investing is
that, there is much more than knowing/determining if a coins is scam or not. Below i created a guideline for myself in able
to distinguish ICO's that are very rare. The ones that can give you 1000x return or more !

1. What's this coin is trying to do (usecase) ? (you need a short answer here within 2 seconds)
2. what industry is it in ?
3. is the industry it is in is significant ?
4. is the industry it is IN is big ?
5. Can you hold that FOREVER ? (are you confident that it will grow up in value in the long term acc. to its usecase ?)
6. how many Competitors does it have ?
7. advantage on their competitors ? (technology, etc)
8. what can you say about their marketing ? (media exposures, specific marketing techniques)
9. is the team capable of delivering their roadmap ? (experienced CEO and staff)
10. what is your unbias conclusion about its adoption according to all of your data collected.

note:
It is okay even if the market is small if it is underserved.

I hope i helped you with this.

Crypto_Sassy

Activity: 169
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:46:58 AM

I can see a lot of new people coming into crypto here that are investing on new projects.
As a newbie before i know that the main thing newbies are wanna consider is, IS this coin is not scam ?
When i know that, that coin is not scam after diving into some details then im going to invest my hard earn money on it.

What i understand right now as i study investing and researching anything that will prosper myself in terms of investing is
that, there is much more than knowing/determining if a coins is scam or not. Below i created a guideline for myself in able
to distinguish ICO's that are very rare. The ones that can give you 1000x return or more !

1. What's this coin is trying to do (usecase) ? (you need a short answer here within 2 seconds)
5. Can you hold that FOREVER ? (are you confident that it will grow up in value in the long term acc. to its usecase ?)
8. what can you say about their marketing ? (media exposures, specific marketing techniques)
9. is the team capable of delivering their roadmap ? (experienced CEO and staff)
10. what is your unbias conclusion about its adoption according to all of your data collected.

note:

Change  your  point 9 as "Is team is really same as told in website/whitepaper" or they are just the fake profiles created by using the photos of other.
Is the experience that is getting depicted in website is really the true experience or just exaggerated.
I guess  point 2,3 and 4 does  not make any sense. Point 6, Competitors does not matter as much, if you make shit product then nobody is going to buy it even you do not have any competitors. Point 8, shit products market themselves better than any other good products, so do not rely at all in advertisement or media exposure.
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:51:06 AM

It's also worth considering the actual ICO structure. Good projects can fail because they have poor ICO structures. Consider how many tokens are distributed, to whom and with what bonuses. Also marketing is huge. An average project can outperform a great one if it has superior marketing.

ishirut009 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 06:03:38 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2018, 06:14:46 AM by ishirut009

note:

Change  your  point 9 as "Is team is really same as told in website/whitepaper" or they are just the fake profiles created by using the photos of other.
Is the experience that is getting depicted in website is really the true experience or just exaggerated.
I guess  point 2,3 and 4 does  not make any sense. Point 6, Competitors does not matter as much, if you make shit product then nobody is going to buy it even you do not have any competitors. Point 8, shit products market themselves better than any other good products, so do not rely at all in advertisement or media exposure.

yah, thanks for the suggestion and opinion Smiley but for me, these points are solid and i can explain why. The 2, 3 and 4 is all about industry. They are protocol industry, energy industry, AI industry, Exchanges industry, Finance industry, etc. you need to determine if the industry it is in according to what it is trying to do is significant in able to minimize the risk of failing in the long run. And i wanna be investing on an ICO that is in the big industry for more investors. More investors = more adoption. and i noted this on the end. note: It is okay even if the market is small if it is underserved.

And on the number 6 By having a lot of competitors, the attention of the investors are separated because there are other coins/tokens that also offers what an ico is trying to do.

ishirut009 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 06:04:15 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2018, 06:17:27 AM by ishirut009

It's also worth considering the actual ICO structure. Good projects can fail because they have poor ICO structures. Consider how many tokens are distributed, to whom and with what bonuses. Also marketing is huge. An average project can outperform a great one if it has superior marketing.

yah, thanks for the suggestion Smiley
you really have a point about the ico structure and it is realy something to wary of.
And on the marketing part, yeah that is really true. That's why i created all these guideline with what you said also in my mind. Its fun to learn together isn't it ? i love this healthy exchanges of knowledge.

randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:07:03 AM

yah, thanks for the suggestion Smiley
you really have a point about the ico structure and it is realy something to wary of.
And on the marketing part, yeah that is really true. That's why i created all these guideline with what you said also in my mind. Its fun to learn together isn't it ? i love this healthy exchanges of knowledge.

You're welcome. It's always good to share information. When it comes to ICOs there's no end to the things worth considering and you'll never be able to make a fully informed decision because there is a lot of information asymmetry. It's just important to find the right balance between knowing enough to make a somewhat well informed decision and spending too much time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: