Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:02:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 GPU Mining Rig Help.  (Read 333 times)
FaourZ (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:00:17 AM

Whats up miners, I have been struggling setting up my rigs, I currently have 3 GPU Rigs, 1 is perfectly working and no problems but the other 2 are just causing me problems for some reason. Sometimes they cant find the GPU and or have Distributed COM error. Sometimes it just has code 43 for the graphics cards.

My rigs:
My Specs:
12GTX 1070, 24 GTX 1070Ti's

Asrock 110 Pro BTC+

8 GB Ram (each)

2 1300W PSU (each)

Please help a brother out and help me fix these rigs, I have been struggling for like a month or 2 figuring out how to fix these problems.
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:13:11 AM

your PSU's won't handle all that cards. you definitely need additional power Roll Eyes
Mohondoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:22:59 AM

Nice rigs configuration hardware, i think you want to build farm mining Smiley .
Anyway about your hardware, i think as same last post, your PSU will not handle that much GPU. That's make your rigs problem.
But can i ask some question ? how much your budget to buy that stuff ? and what coin you want to mine ?
I can suggest you some coins e.g ETH or PIRL, because your rigs much profitable. And you can use claymore for mining software, to make increase hashrate.

happy mining.
remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:47:51 AM

your PSU's won't handle all that cards. you definitely need additional power Roll Eyes
Say what? How on earth do you come to that conclusion? Lets see your math. Ill show you mine right now.

Rig with 12 1070Ti's at 150 TDP each. (No overclock or TDP adjustments) https://www.buriedone.com/hashrates

6 1070 TI's per PSU= 6x150w=900w

PSU1= 900w
PSU2=900 + CPU/Motherboard/SATA 200w= 1100w

and each of his PSU's are rated for 1300w

I would still give them a 65% TDP Overclock  +150 clock/+500 memory and the power usage will go even lower. https://www.buriedone.com/tuning

Problems are probably a combination of BIOS setting and/or update AND/OR Driver issues during install.  Go into device manager and click on view tab then show hidden devices and have a look at the mess under Display Adapters and Sound and Video Controllers.

DDU to remove it all and disconnect all GPU's.  Install one at a time and reboot after drivers install for each GPU.  Boot back up and verify GPU installed successfully.  Then and only then shut down and install next GPU. Repeat cycle until all are installed.
FaourZ (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:59:11 AM

Say what? How on earth do you come to that conclusion? Lets see your math. Ill show you mine right now.

Rig with 12 1070Ti's at 150 TDP each. (No overclock or TDP adjustments) https://www.buriedone.com/hashrates

PSU1= 900w

I would still give them a 65% TDP Overclock  +150 clock/+500 memory and the power usage will go even lower. https://www.buriedone.com/tuning

Problems are probably a combination of BIOS setting and/or update AND/OR Driver issues during install.  Go into device manager and click on view tab then show hidden devices and have a look at the mess under Display Adapters and Sound and Video Controllers.

DDU to remove it all and disconnect all GPU's.  Install one at a time and reboot after drivers install for each GPU.  Boot back up and verify GPU installed successfully.  Then and only then shut down and install next GPU. Repeat cycle until all are installed.
yeah, I was confused when he said it wouldn't handle it, lol. Thank you for your responses and I will test this out. Thanks, my dude! appreciate it a lot.
darkneorus

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:01:54 AM

actually TDP on my 1070Ti's and P104-100's is 180W, bro. loading your PSUs to the limit isn't good thing either, better to have some power reserve remaining.

if I understand OP right - 1070's run fine, but there are issues with 2x 12x1070ti's rigs. I am pretty sure this is related to additional power that Ti's require.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:06:52 AM

2 1300W PSU (each)

I think OP was using 2 x 1300 Watt PSUs for each rig, in another word 2600 Watt each rig, that is right OP? If it right, a bit chance that power is the issue.

(They think you were using 1300 Watt for each rig)  Cheesy

OP
Have you tried plugging the cards one by one? And find out how much plugged cards that giving you untroubled rig. If possible use the same wiring scheme with the rig that was running smoothly (GPUs, Risers and other wiring schemes.)

In other thread, I found someone has troubled with the same mobo causing by un-mounted additional PCIe power (the two Molex connector) May you have to check it. (but I'm not sure about it) Since we are using a powered riser nowadays.

This is also good advice must you try:

remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:31:38 AM

actually TDP on my 1070Ti's and P104-100's is 180W, bro. loading your PSUs to the limit isn't good thing either, better to have some power reserve remaining.

if I understand OP right - 1070's run fine, but there are issues with 2x 12x1070ti's rigs. I am pretty sure this is related to additional power that Ti's require.

Even at 180w each 6 of them is 1080w which is just fine for a 1300w PSU.  1080w draw on a 1300w PSU isnt shutting anything down.  Put TDP at 65% and overclock +150/+500 and the magic will happen.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5714

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:57:55 AM

I second this.

@FaourZ From the net,
specs

Some powersupplies have "shared" +12v Rail to the regular +12v for other components making the max power label inaccurate for computing the power consumption of the videocards alone.
Most major producers however, separate the rails and using only the max power of the +12v for PCI-e power as the Rating Label.

What are the brand(s) and model(s) of your PSUs?

Unless you can't underclock like the post above me stated, plug out one of the GTX1070ti to test the miner for stability.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
smartcrypto

Activity: 317
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:04:11 AM

I was mining with my 1050 tis and they were crashing and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. Until I found out that the Risers I was using were of shitty quality. I checked the PSUs before realizing that the GPUs were crashing due to not enough power. Not sure if that's your problem but you should check your risers.

Edit: just read the replies and maybe the problem is not the risers.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:29:05 AM

Whats up miners, I have been struggling setting up my rigs, I currently have 3 GPU Rigs, 1 is perfectly working and no problems but the other 2 are just causing me problems for some reason. Sometimes they cant find the GPU and or have Distributed COM error. Sometimes it just has code 43 for the graphics cards.

My rigs:
My Specs:

Asrock 110 Pro BTC+

8 GB Ram (each)

2 1300W PSU (each)

Please help a brother out and help me fix these rigs, I have been struggling for like a month or 2 figuring out how to fix these problems.

You say you have 3 Rigs and 1 is working

Are they all identical?

If yes, I was thinking on your Sh*tty risers

If not, as others posted might be your power issues, to prove this, lessen the load by installing fewer GPU's on each rig

PRC_May

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:42:52 AM

for error 43 you must use patch to slove this problem

for gpu not found there two way ... some time you must change your driver to blockchian driver or adrenaline

or this problem come with windows 10 update
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:21:11 AM

for error 43 you must use patch to slove this problem

for gpu not found there two way ... some time you must change your driver to blockchian driver or adrenaline

or this problem come with windows 10 update

OP didn't use AMD cards, and It was clear enough on OP's first post.
"12GTX 1070, 24 GTX 1070Ti's"

Will be better to read all of OP's explanation and also the previous comment before posting something, to keep your comments stay on-topic.  Wink
FaourZ (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:24:59 PM

That's the thing, my 1070's aren't running perfectly its one of my 1070 Ti's Rigs that is running 100%. I should've said this, in the beginning, my fault.
Thevaibhvav.arora

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:34:24 PM

My rigs:
My Specs:

Asrock 110 Pro BTC+

8 GB Ram (each)

2 1300W PSU (each)

What OS are you using ? i was going to assume Win 10
What drivers are your running ?
Any additional changes you may have made ?
What trouble shooting have you currently completed ?
FaourZ (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:42:00 PM

PSU1= 900w

Hey, I did what you told me to do, but one of the gpu's says that it has driver issues. it only says it when all of them are plugged in. when I did it one by one they all seemed fine.
darkneorus

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:49:29 PM

have you used the PCIe x16 port on MB when plugging in your risers or are all of them plugged in small x1 ports?
FaourZ (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:58:09 PM

have you used the PCIe x16 port on MB when plugging in your risers or are all of them plugged in small x1 ports?
I use the PCIe x16 for the main GPU and all the rest are on the x1 ports

When I was installing them 1 by 1 I was using the PCIe x16 port
vodafone228

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 11:33:56 PM

I have a 12 x 1070 rig too with 2 x 1250w psu they are running fine.  Most likely the problem is with the risers (that includes cable to check too)  and you can try reinstalling driver / cuda to save you some time, just in case its a driver problem.
FaourZ (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:44:37 AM

I have a 12 x 1070 rig too with 2 x 1250w psu they are running fine.  Most likely the problem is with the risers (that includes cable to check too)  and you can try reinstalling driver / cuda to save you some time, just in case its a driver problem.

do you have a prefer riser? Please link me it <3
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: