Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:34:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New graphics cards Nvidia  (Read 229 times)
frlvoleg (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:23:10 AM

New graphics cards Nvidia P102-100
The Nvidia P102-100 graphics card should soon appear on the market. Like the P104-100, they will be of interest to the miners, as they offer a custom memory configuration and higher performance, unlike their GeForce desktop counterparts. Below are the technical specifications of the video card Inno3D P102-100, as well as some preliminary performance data, which the company itself reported.

Unfortunately, judging by the photo, the card does not have connectors for video output (although one could expect them from an intelligent graphics card). In addition, there are no brackets for fixing the video card to the frame of the mining device or to the case, and this is a huge problem (perhaps the manufacturer is counting on standard PC brackets). The same mistake was made by Gigabyte when it released the first version of its video card Nvidia P106-100, but in the next versions the bracket still appeared.

Specifications Inno3D P102-100:

chip: P102-100;
number of cores CUDA: 3200;
core core clock speed: 1582 MHz;
Memory bandwidth: 400 Gbit / s;
Video memory: 5 GB;
memory type: GDDR5X;
memory bus: 320-bit;
maximum design heat output: 250 watts;
power connectors: two 8-pin PCI-E connectors.
Cheops for Inno3D P102-100:

etherium: 47 megahex / sec;
Zcash: 660 Sol / sec .;
XMR: 879 hash / sec.
The hashreys are claimed by the manufacturer, but are of a reference nature only, without mentioning at what frequencies this data was received: without overclocking the clock frequency, with the maximum overclocking without stable operation of the card or after some user optimization (and whether the clock frequency remained at the same time) . The data suggests that the new P102-100 graphics cards are optimized for coin mining by the Ethash algorithm, but not so good for other crypto currency compared to, for example, the GTX 1080 Ti. Perhaps in the near future we will be able to do a detailed review of the performance of P102-100. Another important point - the price of new video cards, which, unfortunately, under current market conditions is unlikely to be lower than that of the GTX 1080 Ti.

source - http://cryptomining-blog.com/9529-nvidia-p102-100-crypto-mining-cards-are-coming-to-the-market/

================================================== ============================
I will certainly be grateful for the Merit
==============================================================================
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:30:44 AM

they are not new at all Smiley you can buy a P102-100 here for ~$850 since late March..
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 07:40:36 AM

There're some P102-100 out there. But I'm not sure should we buy it or not, because it seems like P102 could not compete with new asic miner from bitmain. It's nonsense to buy more gpu this time. For me, I would like to wait, hopefully some coins will seriously consider about changing their algorithm to be asic-resistance like XMR did.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:42:37 AM

You made 30 a long enough Open Post with a gap 2-3 minutes today. Wow, that was very impressive (you beat nulliusGrin

Are you prepared all of the material a long time ago? (because a few of your topics are out of date [as this current post]). just a few words I can say "you beat nulliusWink
Darkfall

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 11:49:41 AM

The biggest issue I have with these are that they've taken the 'crypto mining card' a bit too far.

If they had even 1 VGA/DVI/DP/HDMI port then it would have helped us a lot more as they could be used to a later sell on, warranty or not.
I get that they want to split 'gaming' cards and 'mining' cards, but (in my opinion) part of the attraction towards GPU mining is that there will be a resell value.

Just my 2c worth on these cards, I'm sure some people will love them, I'm just a bit 'meh' towards them!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: