Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:26:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The worst ever that could happen  (Read 3535 times)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 12:07:29 AM

3.2. Jeeeesus. That's gotta hurt. Donation address?

15KdygTSeuV4AXGh91X7xfymBJt7UzXgK7

Donations of course appreciated but don't worry about it. Thought that counts. Guess what...Someone moved that 3.2 out of there TODAY! Now I'm crying. Someone got a nice frigging gift man. And they realized it =(
Please give us the address and/or transaction ID

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
trashymonkey

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:22:19 AM

Man that sucks!  Undecided
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:19:46 AM

Atleast it was 3.2 btc and not 3.3!

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
CryptoMiner (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:17:25 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 04:27:32 AM by CryptoMiner

Hey, you know what guys? Anyone remember instawallet? It's a strong possibility that's where I sent those funds to. I remember fooling around with the service and sending money back and forth. One of the 2 transactions on the only other day I used that wallet address back in 2011 was me sending funds from an instawallet address. It's easy to see since it's labeled as such. Also, when I click that instawallet labeled address, you can see over a quarter million bitcoins were sent into that address in it's entire history.

I'm not that good with researching on the block chain  but I think the address I sent the 3.2btc to is also an instawallet address. I'll look but I don't think I have the addresses saved on this computer (client on work computer) but I will look. More importantly, if anyone is good with block chain research and think they can help me figure this out, I can restore the backup wallet on the computer I am using now and get you that address.

Someone mentioned that I should send a small transaction with a note hoping it would reach someone who owns that wallet. I thought you did that using the "sign message" option under the file menu in the client, but that was wrong. I still ended up sending an additional .000911 to that address, hoping to send an emergency message.

Angry I'm pissed that those funds were swept out today. Can you believe that someone sees 3.2btc magically appear in their account?? Thing is, I cant think of anyone I sent money to back then. Bitcoins were a rare breed still. It was mostly me playing with mtgox and instawallet back then.
jinjuro

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:21:36 PM

I hope you learn from this. Be extra careful dealing bitcoins especially if high amounts. This is also happen to me when the price was $90. I withdraw 1.2 btc to a wrong address. I was very sleepy that time.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:26:31 PM

@Cryptominer not sure why you ignored BurtW's message but please provide tx id or address.
coinglomerate

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:39:49 AM

Share this
CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:52:49 PM

@Cryptominer not sure why you ignored BurtW's message but please provide tx id or address.

Not ignoring, I thought I said in my previous post that the wallet is on my computer at work. I'll be back there Monday (tomorrow ) and I'll post it. Would be awesome if you guys can help etermine if indedd it was an instawallet addy. I'm in touch with the guy BTW and he's looking.
CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:54:02 PM

Yes, are you just here to complain, or are you looking for actual help?

If you want some help, simply provide the transactionID.  At least then someone can take a look at the transactions and see if there is anything they can identify  about it.

Read my posts and you'll see now I mentioned it 3 times.
CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:58:44 PM

Hey, you know what guys? Anyone remember instawallet? It's a strong possibility that's where I sent those funds to. I remember fooling around with the service and sending money back and forth. One of the 2 transactions on the only other day I used that wallet address back in 2011 was me sending funds from an instawallet address. It's easy to see since it's labeled as such. Also, when I click that instawallet labeled address, you can see over a quarter million bitcoins were sent into that address in it's entire history.

I'm not that good with researching on the block chain  but I think the address I sent the 3.2btc to is also an instawallet address.( I'll look but I don't think I have the addresses saved on this computer client on work computer) but I will look. More importantly, if anyone is good with block chain research and think they can help me figure this out, I can restore the backup wallet on the computer I am using now and get you that address.

Someone mentioned that I should send a small transaction with a note hoping it would reach someone who owns that wallet. I thought you did that using the "sign message" option under the file menu in the client, but that was wrong. I still ended up sending an additional .000911 to that address, hoping to send an emergency message.

Angry I'm pissed that those funds were swept out today. Can you believe that someone sees 3.2btc magically appear in their account?? Thing is, I cant think of anyone I sent money to back then. Bitcoins were a rare breed still. It was mostly me playing with mtgox and instawallet back then.

Here it is again. Of course I would like help. It was almost 3 g's. Still, it was my idiotic move.
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:19:02 PM

Sorry for your loss. 3.2 BTC is a pretty big one.

On the good side, at least you'll have a cool story to tell your kids/friends in a few years!

Really!? You sent $250 million worth of Bitcoin to the wrong address!?

At least the other guy got a pizza....
thats a good one, despite the severity of this thread you make me laugh

sorry for your loss CryptoMiner you should post the transaction ID, maybe somebody traded with this address and can direct you

CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:37:35 PM

15KUecgaW2x4tDwRWfpnMJxq4RRJ5Z7fQN

Not sure why it seemed nerves got raised in here but all I needed was to get back to work to give it to you guys. Well, here it is. I'm very appreciative for any help at all.

The only other time I deposited into this address was back in 2011. I really remember this being an Instawallet address. Like I said I'm in touch with owner/partner/whatever and waiting for news. I'll update on progress. Let me know what you guys can tell. PM me if necessary.

Thank you very much.
CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:46:03 PM

BTW, whoever sent that .01 donation, THANK YOU!
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:55:14 PM

best luck getting that coinage back. feel gutted for you

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:13:04 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 09:43:39 AM by CryptoMiner

best luck getting that coinage back. feel gutted for you

Thanks buddy. I'm nervous since the funds were already swept out, as you can see. Was hoping it was my wallet in some account I forgot about. I'm hoping it's the instawallet guy who swept the funds. Cross your fingers guys. Can anyone tell anything?
CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:58:13 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 06:12:50 PM by CryptoMiner

Interesting stuff studying the blockchain.

3 days later the person who got my coins sent them from 15KUecgaW2x4tDwRWfpnMJxq4RRJ5Z7fQN (where I sent them by accident) to 1Kn9TPfJSyjjCioSNoHsdyPR5m2cUeqXke Seems like whoever got the coins, swept the coins into a very active account(business?). What do you guys make of the most recent transaction? Look how many wallets it is coming from Huh 2 of them are labeled (splat44 & spook30) and they link to profiles here on bitcointalk. I sent them both PM's. Hopefully they can help identify where my coins went! I don't get why so many wallets are involved though. Doesn't that reinforce my feeling it's an instawallet address?

Anyways, I'd like to formally reach out to you guys for help. Maybe when digging there will be more labeled wallets and maybe someone can get in touch with someone here to figure out what business it belongs to so I can kindly ask them to return the funds. Or is that a pipe dream? I would give a generous tip, very generous.

For that matter, I would be extremely generous with anyone who manages to help me recover any funds. If at all possible.

CryptoMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:13:51 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 06:15:31 PM by CryptoMiner

By the way guys, the Instawallet possibility is not dead yet. I'm being patient and waiting for him to reach me back. Of course I'm nervous and don't like the fact the funds moved but all I can do is wait.

I know this is in the beginner's & help category. Are any of you guys familiar with that service? Please share this.
Angelique

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:05:16 PM

I just sent 3.2btc to an address that I have no idea who or what it belongs to like an idiot. I am hurting right now man you wont believe. I clicked the "addresses" tab in the bitcoin client and copied the first one in the list thinking those were my receive addresses. Turns out by looking at the blockchain, it was an address I sent two 1btc transactions to all the way back in 2011.

Seems like the only other transactions that took place at that address is 2 transfers out, shortly after receiving on the same day on 8-22-2011, with the exception of the 3.2 hitting today =(

I'm so screwed man. That's more than $2,500. I feel like crying.

Ouch! That was too bad! Try to search who owns the address.
Mobo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:38:28 PM

Ouch shit man hope its good now?
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile