Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 11:47:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **** Official Ethereum QA thread ****  (Read 34487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Asian Prepper

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 09:31:18 PM

In this 4th video interview with Vitalik Buterin, I will hammer him with some tough questions on why potential investors should trust him and his Ethereum team members to not run off with everyone's money & do they have the talent needed to make Ethereum successful.

http://prisonorfreedom.com/can-you-trust-the-ethereum-team/

Enjoy!
Tai Zen

cool can u make the same video approach with BCNext, cfb and co plz ?

+1

I prefer to address NXT in the NXT threads/forums and not in the ETH thread.

Tai Zen

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
davidsocom

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:36:42 AM

Is there somebody who can tell me now the date of the Pre-sale or IPO?  Huh

Ursium (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

Ethereum

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 01:38:51 PM

We won't issue further comments regarding the Ether Sale, until we have completely finalized the framework for it. In the meantime enjoy the free technology, people are already building apps on it, which is exciting Smiley

Ethereum Twitter: @ethereumproject - Blog: blog.ethereum.org - Forum: forum.ethereum.org - Github: github.com/ethereum
upekha

Activity: 183

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:23:16 PM

finally a thread!!

NEM - New Economy Movement
td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:25:38 AM

We won't issue further comments regarding the Ether Sale, until we have completely finalized the framework for it. In the meantime enjoy the free technology, people are already building apps on it, which is exciting Smiley

So, when is the pre-sale?
T2 Ultra

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:37:02 AM

So, when is the pre-sale?

I think in the 3rd or 4th quater.

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:20:19 PM

1. Will Ether mining start with CPU mining as was the was the case for Bitcoin ?

2. Will it be required for miners to hold Ether to mine more ? I mean is initial buying is mandatory for miners ?

3. Multiple contracts will be made on top of Ethereum with the course of time. Will all those be mined under a single blockchain or individual contracts will have individual chains ?

4. I'm interested in developing/testing Ethereum before it's release. Can I download the client and join the network now ?

Tai Zen

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 04:15:40 AM

I shot this video of my friends and I discussing the differences between Ethereum Vs. Bitcoin Vs. NXT the night before I had to speak at the Texas Bitcoin Conference.

We tried to keep the discussion as non-technical as possible so it will benefit everyone:

http://prisonorfreedom.com/what-is-the-difference-between-ethereum-vs-bitcoin-vs-nxt/

Enjoy!

Tai Zen

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 1436

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:21:47 AM

ursium,

what are the differences between ethereum, nxt and ripple?  and what are the pros and cons of each?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Calabi–Yau Manifold

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 10:20:49 PM

Is this main thread about Ethereum at this forum?
Vinnie Stanley

Activity: 322

ICO Chicken Dinner :)

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:25:23 AM

Is it safe to use the wallet version that is on github, although it is a beta release?
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 01:06:51 PM

Recognizing the rapid development of Ethereum in terms of market, user and customer base, the popular TV show Silicon Valley introduced Ethereum to its large target audience as an important decentralized network and technology needed to develop a new generation of internet And community of useful applications.
phpTaskForce

Activity: 211

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:30:38 PM

Hi, I installed Ethereum Wallet for Windows, and it's stuck after 1% downloading blocks.
Same after restart, and run as Administrator.
I have the latest version of software 0.8.10.
I would appreciate help Smiley

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
phpTaskForce

Activity: 211

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:58:25 PM

Hi, I installed Ethereum Wallet for Windows, and it's stuck after 1% downloading blocks.
Same after restart, and run as Administrator.
I have the latest version of software 0.8.10.
I would appreciate help Smiley

I found a way to transfer my funds to another account. I created a backup of my mist wallet and used json file to send eth to another wallet using https://www.myetherwallet.com

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:23:18 AM

What would stop Eth from becoming skynet?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:28:16 PM

How much GWEI must pay for a confirmation under 10 min?
40? 50? 60?
SteinGalen

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:09:52 PM

I don't understand how to keep the wallet synced. It took forever to sync, but I thought that was just the initial syncing. A few days of not syncing and I'm at 4,172,778 of 4,184,728, and it uses as much as 2500 MB of the memory and 12 MB/s of the disk. Please advise.
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:50:48 PM

I don't understand how to keep the wallet synced. It took forever to sync, but I thought that was just the initial syncing. A few days of not syncing and I'm at 4,172,778 of 4,184,728, and it uses as much as 2500 MB of the memory and 12 MB/s of the disk. Please advise.

Thats an irksome topic. I havn't used my wallet for almost 5 month. Now it is syncing for several days with the progress that I downloaded 80,000 of 540,000 blocks. Running the sync for 6 hours gives me 2% ... sorry, but this sucks. Especially, that you should transfer coins only, befor the whole chain is synced. When it synced finally, I am going for a cold storage or the paper-wallet. And then I will delete this piece of everlasting frustration immediately ...

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
princespiglet

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:16:37 PM

I'm pleased so far with Eth development, particularly teh onboarding of developers and growth of ecosystem.

I didn't like the developers' embrace of some ICOs, particularly more questionable ones - is there the possibility of having some code of conduct for those employed by ethereum about their role in erc20 coins? Maybe regulators by stepping in solve this themselves.
Ukraine2020

Activity: 826
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:32:54 PM

Cool!  Smiley

Raiden Release: Simpler Micropayments Go Live on Ethereum's Testnet

The developers behind Raiden Network have launched an early version of the scaling solution on the ethereum test network.

Designed to power projects aiming to replace the likes of Google and Facebook, one problem facing ethereum is that growing to such scale would require putting an unimaginable amount of data on the blockchain, a shared ledger every node must download. Further, ethereum is already having enough trouble supporting the relatively small number of users it has today.

As such, Raiden Network has emerged as one piece of the scaling puzzle, aspiring to allow more and potentially cheaper ethereum transactions. Though Raiden Network has released a flurry of updates recently, the project is still a work in progress.

In the meantime, the developers have launched a testnet version of a new product, µRaiden (pronounced "micro Raiden") – a simpler version with fewer features that is almost complete.

In short, rather than route payments through a network of nodes, µRaiden allows users to make micropayments directly between each other. Further, the payments work in just one direction.

The project's introductory blog post argues that, while simpler, µRaiden offers a form of payment channels requested by some decentralized apps (dapps), such as for news and storage.

https://www.coindesk.com/raiden-release-simpler-micropayments-go-live-ethereums-testnet/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: