Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:12:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Klickex  (Read 2487 times)
BigJohn (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:36:01 PM

I'd love to have a discussion about this. Just saw this presentation:
http://www.finovate.com/asia13vid/klickex.html

They're calling it Cryptocurrency 2.0, and it's supposedly asset-backed, though it seems like the asset is local currencies. What's significant about this is that it seems like it has the support (and backing) of the central banks. So it looks like this is the direction they want to go in.

What do you guys think about this? Does it have a chance to succeed? When launched, how will Bitcoin fit into that system?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BigJohn (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:03:45 PM

Nobody wants to talk about this? The move towards a government-backed Cryptocurrency sounds like a pretty big deal to me.
medialab101

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:06:11 PM

Nobody wants to talk about this? The move towards a government-backed Cryptocurrency sounds like a pretty big deal to me.

Defeats the purpose. We don't want banks/ the government controlling our money anymore.
hubrt

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:32:17 AM

I'd love to have a discussion about this. Just saw this presentation:
http://www.finovate.com/asia13vid/klickex.html

They're calling it Cryptocurrency 2.0, and it's supposedly asset-backed, though it seems like the asset is local currencies. What's significant about this is that it seems like it has the support (and backing) of the central banks. So it looks like this is the direction they want to go in.

What do you guys think about this? Does it have a chance to succeed? When launched, how will Bitcoin fit into that system?

Have a look at Richard Gendal Brown's "A simple explanation of how money moves around in the banking system"
http://gendal.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/a-simple-explanation-of-how-money-moves-around-the-banking-system/

• it's difficult
    there's always the counterparty risk you have to factor
    and so it becomes slow and it's expensive

So what would happen, if the current network structure would be superseded by a crypto-based infrastructure?
  • Maybe, they system becomes less complicated.
    Crypto contracts might eliminate counterparty risks.
    Interbanking would become faster and less expensive.

It definitely could be interesting. It might even have some really helpful legal implications for Bitcoin.

Besides that, it's really hard to tell what their Global Stability Dollar (GSD) really is. There's no information at all to be found anywhere. Is it more like a Ripple-clone or a distant Bitcoin-relative, what assets are backing the GSD, in the video, they talk about seeding it with 10.000 Singapore Dollars, what happened since?

They claim it's for "institutional and retail use" , but as I just wrote their MD: "Unfortunately, I cannot find any other information on the state of the GSD, its current exchange rate, how the asset-backing is constructed, and what kind of cryptographic solution is securing the network."

Auto responder says, he's "scheduled for heavy travel this week", so this might take a while.

So maybe everything developed a little bit differently. A negative scenario could look like this: internationally backed remittance provider looks into crypto currencies to improve his international network, presents his new crypto currency to a bunch of innovative bankers and gets a slap on his wrist.
Let's see.

Besides: Global Stability Dollar (GSD) is a really tacky name (but Unobtanium was already taken).
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:34:39 AM

LOL noobs.... Grin

If its backed by ANYTHING its not decentralized and it will never be like blockchain. Good luck with that wish.
BigJohn (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:54:02 PM

It's supposed to be centralized though. That seems to be the point behind it, and is why the central banks are supporting it.
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 06:56:52 PM

Defeats the purpose. We don't want banks/ the government controlling our money anymore.

Exactly, as the quote says here on BCT, Bitcoin (and others) is the separation of money and state (in most countries also banks).

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:00:16 PM

Klickex sounds like another Ripple...bad cryptocurrency....good investment though I think if you want to make a good ROI.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
mercSuey

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:17:58 PM

It's supposed to be centralized though. That seems to be the point behind it, and is why the central banks are supporting it.

I have not seen any code or white paper of how it scales compared to BTC, but it's supposed to scale much better.

Banks know they cannot compete with crypto currencies both in cost and time to transfer money electronically.

So this is central banks fighting for their financial lives...using similar technology to compete with respect to cost and time. 

IF accepted and adopted by the central banks, we'll probably see BTC/USD surpassed by BTC/KLX on all major BTC exchanges in volume.

And it will probably be the main gateway to move between the crypto economy and the fiat-based economies.

It indeed seems to be like a Ripple specifically between banks, with each bank having its own gateway to the crypto economy.
BigJohn (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:25:30 PM

It indeed seems to be like a Ripple specifically between banks, with each bank having its own gateway to the crypto economy.

Yeah, exactly. And also the company's business is currently to do money transfers between different countries for small transactions. So if this gets widely adopted, which it might considering the central banks are behind it, then it will also be used as a currency in and of itself.
hubrt

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:36:04 PM

I have not seen any code or white paper of how it scales compared to BTC, but it's supposed to scale much better.

I had a nice little mail exchange with their MD. He seems nice enough, but can't disclose anything yet (but sounds eager to do that as soon as possible).
It's currently interbank and financial institutions only, but this might change.

IF accepted and adopted by the central banks, we'll probably see BTC/USD surpassed by BTC/KLX on all major BTC exchanges in volume.

True. This could be huge.
Definitely to be watched.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: