Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:38:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it too late to mine Bitcoin ?  (Read 1552 times)
Mythul (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:42:17 PM

Guys is it too late to get involved in Bitcoin mining ?
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:00:02 PM

well if you have 20+ Ghash (0.1BTC/month) in your hands it i'snt.
You can also buy some hash power on net cex.io, picostocks....
they will give you in the moment yours hash power that you rent,

or go to some preorder (not recommedment)

or do it like others..mine new cryptos and if you lucky...you will get lots of BTC

IOTA
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 07:22:13 PM

its not that easy if you think you can make it work on a normal pc its not gonna happen , you'll need to invest some time nd Money.

lametom

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 10:42:54 PM

You might find it challenging to be profitable mining only Bitcoin at this point. Scrypt coins are another story. You can be up and running fairly easily with a premium graphics card, computer, time and effort (especially if you know someone who is willing to help). Potential to break even over time is good, and there is certainly a possibility of being profitable!
tompa555

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:50:06 PM

Of course you can minebtc. question is do you have what it need to mine them. equipment will cost you a lot and you will never get back what you invest. better way is to buy btc or some other alt coin and trade on crypto markets. if you buy perspective coin at low price later you can make big money. 

♔ PrimeDice.com | The Best Way To Roll ! | Free BTC Faucet | Instant Play & Chat  [Thread] @PrimeDice
Donations are more than welcome: BTC: 19KKRcKJsFVTCzspXvhTYULrAecB7cvJDy DODGE: DP4etPsqasN1y8pkbh8HNiococh7izgEQy
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:51:41 AM

You can always mine bitcoin for fun, but you shouldn't expect it to be profitable.
Smileyftw

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:58:17 AM

The difficulty are getting harder and harder and it's practically impossible to make a serious profit without spending a bunch of money so everybody should mine Bitcoin for fun right now !
nasamanBoy

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:09:22 AM

Still not worth it. With the hardware that the OP is wanting to run, he'd make around $13.50/mo max before any sort of rent/utilities/etc. That's with the current difficulty and exchange rate.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:16:30 AM

Still not worth it. With the hardware that the OP is wanting to run, he'd make around $13.50/mo max before any sort of rent/utilities/etc. That's with the current difficulty and exchange rate.

How do you know what hardware OP is using, and get that $13.50/mo?  Huh
It seems OP didn't post anything about his hardware or hashrate.....
gretoske

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:57:54 PM

I think it's not gonna be profitable
MWNinja

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 05:27:39 PM

You have to be very careful about which companies you buy from, there are more scams that legit vendors.  If you are totally new to this I would recommend getting in on our hosted group buys; we are expert miners and these are priced where you have some chance of actually hitting ROI.

Without honest miners, there is no network to process bitcoin transactions.  If you mine you are actually participating in bitcoin, rather than just being a user or speculator. I recommend that everyone mine some bitcoin (or earn by doing other work), buy some bitcoin (so you will do well when the price goes up), and spend some bitcoin (adoption drives the price, we need to build a real economy).
ducatitalia

Activity: 259

100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:33:29 PM

This topic link may better help answer your question.  If you are going to mine, better bring some seriously heavy artillery...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7216.0

Top Bitrated Escrow Service: Racer Great BTC Resources: www.thebtcboss.com
Interest Free Loans: Here BTC:1MBFDLK3s9Nzk7Anfzx2GvhUo7DEBqFz7W
ducatitalia

Activity: 259

100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:58:37 PM

Oh yeah...have to compete with these guys too...
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/12/21/into-the-bitcoin-mines/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Top Bitrated Escrow Service: Racer Great BTC Resources: www.thebtcboss.com
Interest Free Loans: Here BTC:1MBFDLK3s9Nzk7Anfzx2GvhUo7DEBqFz7W
Cognitive-PR

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 06:08:45 PM

I'll peep in to humbly recommend Cognitivemining.com. The CEO of Cognitive is managing orders for many people, and will have an operation larger in size than Icedrill (mentioned above) in a few months.

We're about to get a huge shipment of hardware from Cointerra (28 terahashes per second worth) and shares are competitively low at https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=COG

Cheers
chocomav

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:17:04 PM

With the recent drop in bitcoin prices, you'll get a better ROI by simply buying bitcoins directly now and waiting for them to appreciate in price over the coming year.
tontsa74

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:38:24 PM

with current price, you cant make any profit? am I right?
cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:51:16 PM

with current price, you cant make any profit? am I right?

you gotta look at how much the hardware cost, and willing to hope the value of btc will rise.

No one can predict that value, but to give you an idea minimum entry $6,000-9,000 for 2 THs.
cookiemonsterwhat

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:57:53 PM

I'll peep in to humbly recommend Cognitivemining.com. The CEO of Cognitive is managing orders for many people, and will have an operation larger in size than Icedrill (mentioned above) in a few months.

We're about to get a huge shipment of hardware from Cointerra (28 terahashes per second worth) and shares are competitively low at https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=COG

Cheers

If you can link to the "Coin terra conversation of 28 THs order", that would be great.

D05GTO

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:08:12 PM

As you can see, the difficulty of mining has increased out of the normal users hands for BTC.  There are many alternative coins that you can mine now with GPU's and trade them for BTC. 

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
cookiemonsterwhat

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:38:14 PM

As you can see, the difficulty of mining has increased out of the normal users hands for BTC.  There are many alternative coins that you can mine now with GPU's and trade them for BTC.  

But, setting up GPU and everything how much is that? I dont have like $3,000 like some people are selling their rigs for..

You know where I can find, used GPU`s? besides ebay..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: