February 04, 2014, 06:45:27 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2018, 07:45:58 PM by jootjejodel

closed
makemebeat

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:50:37 PM

Here is easier way. You told us your BTC adress, we all pay to your, and you become rich. How do you think?
jootjejodel (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:02:50 PM

Here is easier way. You told us your BTC adress, we all pay to your, and you become rich. How do you think?

Well i want this coin to setup a NGO with the profit! And yeah also for personal financial benefits! So that i can fully focus on the NGO!
I also consider to do fundraising!
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:07:48 PM

you would be better off working with someone that runs an existing coin that way you can help contribute without making another coin 

brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:14:09 PM

I like the idea, but the coins should start in my wallet and I will sell them to you and then you can sell them to everybody.
lasciv

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:17:28 PM

I like the idea, but the coins should start in my wallet and I will sell them to you and then you can sell them to everybody.

I like this idea!!!

Where is the wallet?
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 07:20:15 PM

This is not the coin you are looking for. Roll Eyes

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
lasciv

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:21:33 PM

Jeez, now every bum wants to have his own coin.. Here's the deal: go mine some coins for like 6+ months, then trade a bit and then when you learn something about alts try to make your own coin.

No? Need money now?

Get a job you asshole!

Kiss
jootjejodel (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:27:27 PM

Well its a nice proposal! But i'm really searching for someone that can make something more professional then what coingen.io does!
But i get the feeling people are not gonna be so happy with a not minable coin?

Can someone tell me what are the good things and what are the bad things of non minable coins?
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:29:53 PM

No kidding? Wait a minute...

Are. You. Serious?

I was shocked when I heard about the rumors of killing the alt-coin section. I'm slowly changing my mind, and these kind of posts is just accelerating it. Even reading the names of the 93524 shitcoins pending in the coingen list wasn't as hard as reading this kind of posts.

Hint: get some paper and a printer, and create bank notes. Then try to sell it on eBay, on the streets, use it at Walmart... (face palm)

@OP: sorry about the offense. You can look at my history, very few of my posts are actually offensive. I try to stay educational when I sense good faith, and while I'm questioning yours, I must say that I *fear* it's good faith.

So I will try to say it without it being an insult: why would people buy you any coins in the first place?
jootjejodel (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:47:51 PM

People would buy my coin because they think it is gonna rise in value!
I think having a lot of technical knowledge doesn't let you think to much outside of the box anymore!
And thats something i always try to do!
Just creating the same thing as bitcoin will not be intresting!
What will help my future coin rise in value is:
-A nice profesional looking website
-The fact that its not a mineable coin
-And my knowledge of seo and website promotion
-the fact i will have a good developer working on my coin!
-And many of my out of the box ideas!

I don't think the investors of Vertcoin are very angry today! Wink
lasciv

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:51:07 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 08:05:16 PM by lasciv

http://www.marinecoin.org/

Make something like this! It is a very succesfull project with a really striking idea behind it. It is very similar to your idea. 97.2% of all the coins is held by the Dev that sells them and the rest will be mined within the next 100 years. So basically you get the coins and the miners get to mine.

What do you think?

Kiss
matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:08:04 PM

People would buy my coin because they think it is gonna rise in value!
I think having a lot of technical knowledge doesn't let you think to much outside of the box anymore!
And thats something i always try to do!
Just creating the same thing as bitcoin will not be intresting!
What will help my future coin rise in value is:
-A nice profesional looking website
-The fact that its not a mineable coin
-And my knowledge of seo and website promotion
-the fact i will have a good developer working on my coin!
-And many of my out of the box ideas!

I don't think the investors of Vertcoin are very angry today! Wink

Well, after all, you're right: it's a free market.

Why don't you just ask for a "100% pre-mine" option to coingen, maybe there are other bold entrepreneurs here who don't want miners to get any coins!

Then, let's the market decide Grin

PS: what the heck is Vertcoin?
lasciv

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:16:20 PM

we already have a "premine"!  Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=427519.0
jootjejodel (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:25:11 PM

Ripples, nxt, mastercoin are also not minable coins right?

matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:31:03 PM

Correct. Although NXT is 'diggable', but with pure PoS it just means an insane interest rate for the richest, and nothing for those who have nothing in the first place. Kind of fiat 2.0 without the FRB bomb maybe?

Mastercoin, though not minable per se, is not really a coin of its own, but a extra layer over the existing BTC block chain.

Ripple is not minable, but it's quite innovative in itself. Besides, the XRP in your Ripple account are not supposed to be your "Ripple wealth", theoretically you only need a few to push your trust lines to the ledger, and then work with any currency that you like (through IOUs of course, this is Ripple). Some Bitcoiners hate it mostly because of the proprietary stuff in it and it's bond with Ripple Inc, a for-profit corporation.

tl;dr: you'll have to be really innovative if you want success with a non-minable coin.
jootjejodel (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:36:42 PM

Correct. Although NXT is 'diggable', but with pure PoS it just means an insane interest rate for the richest, and nothing for those who have nothing in the first place. Kind of fiat 2.0 without the FRB bomb maybe?

Mastercoin, though not minable per se, is not really a coin of its own, but a extra layer over the existing BTC block chain.

Ripple is not minable, but it's quite innovative in itself. Besides, the XRP in your Ripple account are not supposed to be your "Ripple wealth", theoretically you only need a few to push your trust lines to the ledger, and then work with any currency that you like (through IOUs of course, this is Ripple). Some Bitcoiners hate it mostly because of the proprietary stuff in it and it's bond with Ripple Inc, a for-profit corporation.

tl;dr: you'll have to be really innovative if you want success with a non-minable coin.

So you would suggest in case i create a coin to create a minable coin? And what is a reasonable premine or shouldn't there be any premine done?
Isildur23

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:43:43 PM

Interest in Nxt is the same for everyone (x%). Next time read more before black marketing Wink

Ties are a prison for the soul...
Peter Br.

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:50:21 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 11:13:13 PM by Peter Br.

all 100 million coins will be directly in my wallet! After that i will start selling them!

Here is a solution:

Code:
int64 nSubsidy = 100000000 * COIN;
static const int64 MAX_MONEY = 100000000 * COIN;

I don't know a lot but this must be something like that.
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:52:38 PM

Aren't NGO's non-profit organizations?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: