Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:21:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: • PredictBits.com • Create bitcoin predictions instantly!  (Read 482 times)
predictbits (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:48:22 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 06:28:37 PM by predictbits

https://i.imgur.com/fXHfSaC.png
https://predictbits.com

My service lets you create your own bitcoin price predictions and bet on these predictions instantly. At predictbits, you won't need to wait for a moderator to approve your prediction. You also won't need to wait for them to approve your payout. All of this is done programmatically. Our IRC bot, widget and API allows site owners, channel operators and developers to advertise for a referral commission. I hope this will bring action to a lot of crazy predictions and earn you some bitcoin.

I made predictbits after seeing speculators spam their predictions on IRC and reddit. I wanted to give all of these people a place to put their money where their mouth is and eliminate the nonsense spam on forums that I frequent. After sharing my idea with on google hangouts with people from #bitcoinmarkets, I decided to go forward with predictbits. I hope you guys will find this useful when you want to silence a troll or bet against a friend.

If you have any questions, please contact me here or:
/u/spokesz
freenode: spokesz
@predictbits

How it works:
  • Make predictions about whether the price will be higher or lower than your target at a certain time in the future.
  • Bet bitcoin on that prediction
  • Anyone else can call your bet. whoever is right takes the bitcoin. We determine winners with Bitstamp's ticker
  • 10% of losers bets goes to the site.

Things to note
  • If any of your bet uncalled, you receive that wager back
  • We pull our price data from Bitstamp
  • The time window to bet closes 2 hours before a prediction concludes
  • Payouts are sent in chronological order until no remaining bitcoin could be matched. We are not parimutuel.

https://predictbits.com
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
predictbits (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 06:30:45 PM

We've just added support for Bitstamp! We're looking to add support for multiple currencies and exchanges in the near future.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:03:40 AM

im in..this is cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: