Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:22:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 90045 times)
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2200

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 08:34:17 PM

Carlos, can't you just pay out the balances people had 2 days ago and distribute the funds that are left over as good as possible? Like, that people can claim they deposited so much (with proof of course) and you try to give everyone a fair share?

You said that you reverted to a backup. Said backup was obviously working slightly because the site was running, could you not just get the info from that?
The database is broken, which stored everything on the website. So, no, he cannot.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 09:08:19 PM

Carlos, can't you just pay out the balances people had 2 days ago and distribute the funds that are left over as good as possible? Like, that people can claim they deposited so much (with proof of course) and you try to give everyone a fair share?
The problem is the last backup is not 2 days old, in fact, it is 39 days old.
I was fairly certain I had backups enabled for AdBit's droplet, until I checked when I needed them. I don't know how I overlooked something so important.

I really don't see how I can possibly fix this, specially for publishers. For advertisers I can send the funds back.
Oh, I see. Damn. Well, uhm.. I have no idea how you could tackle something like that. Sorry

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Micio
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1283

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:54:23 PM

Carlos you make a good job with AdBit, you can use that 10 BTC for start a new site, advertise it and buy server/hardware backup/change hosting.

Use that 10 BTC for start a better site. Is better a site with 1% fees but really popular and with a lot of advertisers. Use that money for start a biggest site.
dhavin

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:58:26 PM

The problem is the last backup is not 2 days old, in fact, it is 39 days old.
I was fairly certain I had backups enabled for AdBit's droplet, until I checked when I needed them. I don't know how I overlooked something so important.

I really don't see how I can possibly fix this, specially for publishers. For advertisers I can send the funds back.

The true cost of cheap hosting.

http://www.scratch4satoshis.com/ - 1600 satoshi/hour 2 MILLION SATOSHI minimum weekly lottery draw! Get your tickets submitted!
x8008

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:00:34 PM

please start a CPC advertising like google adsense
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 10:13:19 PM

information like deposits and withdraws are all stored in a mysql database
Though, I remember him using Blockchain API. If that is the case, the info is there as well?

No, you cannot do this.

Think about a gambling site. Every deposits money and bet. Then the MYSQL db gets corrupted. Now, the owner doesnt know how much people have bet since the DB is lost. All he know is how much BTC he received. Some users can lie and say they had their full balance and didnt bet and get a full refund.

This is the position that Carlos is in.

Jollem

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:35:32 PM

This is so fishy, and smell like a scam.. But what ever Ive lost 0.03 but I dont care, If the owner or an admin with a website feels good that scamming people then its ok like that. Best wishes in your real life and care.

Regards,
Jollem.
dadaas

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:38:14 PM

This is so fishy, and smell like a scam.. But what ever Ive lost 0.03 but I dont care, If the owner or an admin with a website feels good that scamming people then its ok like that. Best wishes in your real life and care.

Regards,
Jollem.

I clearly doubt that Carlos would scam for 10 BTC. He can get much more just from selling the site. Btw he is extremely legit member of this forum and you can't just blame him like that.
Jollem

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:54:16 PM

Regards,
Jollem.

I clearly doubt that Carlos would scam for 10 BTC. He can get much more just from selling the site. Btw he is extremely legit member of this forum and you can't just blame him like that.

Well, This doesn't prove if he's or not, Every people can turn to scam,and they can be protected like you that defending him. Tell me one thing why publishers lost their funds on the website that cost more than 10 BTC.(do not say mysql error like you reading above).

P.S also I didn't blame him, Just said my opinion that I know how Mysql Works.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 10:59:22 PM

Well, This doesn't prove if he's or not, Every people can turn to scam,and they can be protected like you that defending him. Tell me one thing why publishers lost their funds on the website that cost more than 10 BTC.(do not say mysql error like you reading above).

Clearly you don't know how it works. Else you would have known that MySQL databases can be corrupted by restarts and that Carlos' story is correct. Doesn't mean it's what really happened, but I believe him right now and doubt that he would scam for such an amount.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Jollem

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:03:34 PM

Clearly you don't know how it works. Else you would have known that MySQL databases can be corrupted by restarts and that Carlos' story is correct. Doesn't mean it's what really happened, but I believe him right now and doubt that he would scam for such an amount.

I mean there auto backups every day on mysql database from the server.(or if he were using a chinese server)

Do not hate me, Hate the scammers.

Cya.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 11:06:10 PM

I mean there auto backups every day on mysql database from the server.(or if he were using a chinese server)

Cya.

There are no automatic backups. Mysql databases only backup if you set them up to backup.

dadaas

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:31:31 PM

I will try as best as I can to give back the money to both publishers and advertisers, but I'm still to find a way to do it.

Whatever remains from those 10 BTC I will donate to charity.

Don't give up. You'll find the way to fix this and you'll keep your site running. I've always liked your site and it worked pretty well for most of the time so I don't have worries about you fixing everything. Just don't let the pressure get to you and you'll find solution to everything.

Just my support for Carlos in his situation.
Micio
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1283

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:16:14 AM

Carlos you make a good job with AdBit, you can use that 10 BTC for start a new site, advertise it and buy server/hardware backup/change hosting.

Use that 10 BTC for start a better site. Is better a site with 1% fees but really popular and with a lot of advertisers. Use that money for start a biggest site.

Look quote Carlos.
marzalpac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:51:33 AM

first - no scam here.. carlos have some reputation here and if anyone thinks this is a scam he clearly doesnt know the map..

i wish you can solve it somehow carlos (as i have some btc in adbit.co too now missing) but what i am a bit dissapointed is that lately there were a lot of short (few hours max) disruptions in adbitco service happening. with that in mind you should probably act more adequate way. nevermind tho, stay calm and try to fix as much as possible.. cheers and good luck

**Free Bitcoin Faucet 9BITZ.EU - win up to MILLION satoshi every hour ****
dhavin

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:06:05 AM

Regards,
Jollem.

Well, uh, sure you can. He implemented a system without making sure that critical components were backed up. Part of that comes from the decision to use a cheap hosting provider and well, you get what you pay for. If he was working in IT for the company I work for, he'd be fired.

http://www.scratch4satoshis.com/ - 1600 satoshi/hour 2 MILLION SATOSHI minimum weekly lottery draw! Get your tickets submitted!
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:06:54 AM

Regards,
Jollem.

Well, uh, sure you can. He implemented a system without making sure that critical components were backed up. Part of that comes from the decision to use a cheap hosting provider and well, you get what you pay for. If he was working in IT for the company I work for, he'd be fired.

Cheap company? Digital ocean is one of the best companies I have used.

dhavin

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:08:13 AM

Cya.

There are no automatic backups. Mysql databases only backup if you set them up to backup.

Bluehost automatically backs up both system files and database files. You have access to both weekly and daily incrementals, all for usd$25/month. Oh, and a pretty nice VPS package. And guaranteed uptime.

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:09:30 AM

Cya.

Bluehost automatically backs up both system files and database files. You have access to both weekly and daily incrementals, all for usd$25/month. Oh, and a pretty nice VPS package. And guaranteed uptime.

Digital ocean does the same (except for weekly increments). Carlos forgot to enable the backups.

dhavin

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:16:24 AM

Regards,
Jollem.

Cheap company? Digital ocean is one of the best companies I have used.

I'm sure they're "fine" but they don't make the top ten list in any 2014 reviews I've found. The argument is, if I were running a site where btc changes hands, then I'd put some time into researching the best VPS hosting provider and go with one of the top three. The cost of top tier hosting is pretty insignificant compared to the site earnings and my personal reputation as a programmer and service provider. But, everyone makes their own decisions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: