Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:06:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra advice needed as soon as possible (about to purchase from them)  (Read 1318 times)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:19:26 PM

Hello, I am very close to investing in a few miners from cointerra
I am aware they are late on shipping but can someone please tell me their experience with cointerra

Is this the best investment in terms of miners (I know knc is but they are already sold out)
i dont think i want to go with black arrow
and i like the fact that cointerra is in texas

please can someone give me any info on them (that they can)

is it safe to invest with them (especially after there recent security breach mentioned on their site)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gopher09

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:32:31 PM

Why , you will never make your initial investment back.

I am aware they are late on shipping but can someone please tell me their experience with cointerra

Is this the best investment in terms of miners (I know knc is but they are already sold out)

is it safe to invest with them (especially after there recent security breach mentioned on their site)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:19:26 PM

I was planning to buy many cointerras and hoping the value of btc goes up
so more of a long term thing
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:02:21 PM

DATELINE 2/3/2014

We are currently investigating a malicious attack on our website and email servers this weekend that has resulted in a security breach. We took our website down as soon as the intrusion was detected on Sunday afternoon and brought the site back up on Sunday evening.

The website has been restored to a secure backup made shortly before the breach occurred and all orders placed before January 31st 2014 are intact. Customers are again able to place orders both via BitPay and wire transfer as normal.

We immediately contacted the appropriate authorities and an investigation is already underway.

A small number of customers who paid for their order with Bitcoin between January 31st and February 2nd may have been affected and we are in the process of reaching out to those customers directly.

We will continue to investigate the full scope of the security breach. Although we do not yet have specific information regarding customer logins on the CoinTerra.com website being compromised, we can confirm that all passwords are encrypted (salted and hashed). However, as a precautionary measure we recommend that customers immediately change their account passwords.

Note that this will not affect the current shipping schedule of our units to customers this week.

Please contact itdesk@cointerra.com if you placed an order between January 31st and February 2nd or have received any suspicious emails regarding your order, such as:

Asking you to switch your order made with wire transfer to Bitcoin
Offering to move up your order to an earlier batch in exchange for quick payment via Bitcoin
Offering free shipping in exchange for quick payment via Bitcoin
Offering to sell “cancelled orders” from an earlier batch in exchange for quick payment via Bitcoin
Offering a percentage discount for quick payment via Bitcoin
We would like to make it very clear that CoinTerra has a strict policy of never offering new customers the option to buy into an earlier batch ahead of existing customers, or of offering discounts or free shipping in return for quick payment.

For all other customer support issues please contact support@cointerra.com as usual. Please understand that the allocation of resources to the security investigation may result in a delay in response times for customer support tickets. We will make every effort to resume our normal level of service and update the website with further information as soon as possible.

We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.

Team CoinTerra

^^This Cointerra?
The one that has been promising multi thousand dollar multi terahash miners for MULTI months and so far has given everyone one picture of a geek with a box on a table?
The one who is taking orders now for miners that may or may not be delivered in MAY?
That one?
Really?

Since you used the word 'many' to describe how many miners you want to purchase I am going to figure that means at least 10...maybe more.
Let me see if I have this right...you want to give $60,000 to a Company that may or may not ever deliver a single product to a single customer ever again, who openly admits their web site was just hacked, who also openly admit that the product that they may or may not ever deliver is markedly inferior to the one they have been promising to their customers for six months.

If you have 60 dimes burning a hole in your pocket just give it to me.  Your chances are probably about on par with getting a miner from CT.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:09:08 PM

I am aware of what has happened to cointerra but I also have read good things on this forum about them.
Overall people say they are late but they have come through.  Knc is obvious the best choice, but they are currently sold out.
I keep reading good things about cointerra (even on this forum) and I was looking for someone to tell me their personal experience etc.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 04:22:25 AM

If you are hoping the value of BTC goes up— just buy BTC.  You will gain even more from that increase in value and eliminate the risks associated with mining. ... such as the current situation where cointerra not shipping.
harkonnen

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:07:28 AM

I'm in same boat as you are.
But recent security breach has nothing to do with your concern. Your concern should be 'are they going to keep their promise, and deliver the products?'
Sadly, no one can answer that question other than CoinTerra themselves.

If you live close enough, you can pay a visit. I live in Southern California, 1300 miles away. It will take me four days driving round trip. Maybe flying is cheaper. Depending on where you live, airfare, rent a car, and a night at motel will be around $500. Considering there are many scammers out there, spending extra $500 to visit and see for yourself will be a nice insurance.
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:20:28 PM

Has anyone dealt with cointerra
I really am considering this, can anyone tell me more about them please.
dottom

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:16:36 AM

You will lose money even if they ship to you on time.

Your best bet is to use the greater fool theory and sell your pre-order.
Coinkle

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:59:55 AM

If you are hoping the value of BTC goes up— just buy BTC.  You will gain even more from that increase in value and eliminate the risks associated with mining. ...

I agree with the answer to this Statement!

As far as people dealing with Cointerra personally, you need to read this thread involving "aerobatic" and his trip to Austin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=359084.0

I have purchased a March batch back in Nov. My experience dealing with them has been great. I had one issue about being locked out of my account and after a brief game of "Phone Tag" and an email or two, the problem was solved and my password was reset.

The new electrical requirements alone should alarm most people who want to get into mining. You will need 2 separate 15amp dedicated circuits. I am looking into running 220V single phase to 2x 110V.
I'm also looking into other options.

If you ask almost anyone who has mined and also purchased BTC, of the two methods for acquiring them, by leaps and bounds, the most profitable is to outright purchase them.

If I had purchased bitcoin after the big correction from $1200+ , I would have about 10BTC, but now I am looking at the added costs of the shipping, sales tax(if applicable where your live), hiring an electrician to run a new dedicated circuit (possibly 2) in my home, the cost of the electricity every month, negotiating with electrical company on a rate so I don't get completely hosed by going 150% above baseline, the decibel level, dissipating the heat generated, and maintaining its activity.
Those extra few thousand dollars to could all go towards purchasing more BTC
I hope I reach my goal and break even with 6-8BTC but as I add in the extra costs, it's starting to look like I will need closer to 10BTC
Hmmm, I could have already had 10BTC

Take some time and have a serious conversation with yourself.

Mining may seem cool but, it is not as glorious as it may seem.

How far down the rabbit hole you want to go, is up to you!

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 06:10:51 AM

If you are hoping the value of BTC goes up— just buy BTC.  You will gain even more from that increase in value and eliminate the risks associated with mining. ...

I agree with the answer to this Statement!

As far as people dealing with Cointerra personally, you need to read this thread involving "aerobatic" and his trip to Austin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=359084.0

I have purchased a March batch back in Nov. My experience dealing with them has been great. I had one issue about being locked out of my account and after a brief game of "Phone Tag" and an email or two, the problem was solved and my password was reset.

The new electrical requirements alone should alarm most people who want to get into mining. You will need 2 separate 15amp dedicated circuits. I am looking into running 220V single phase to 2x 110V.
I'm also looking into other options.

If you ask almost anyone who has mined and also purchased BTC, of the two methods for acquiring them, by leaps and bounds, the most profitable is to outright purchase them.

If I had purchased bitcoin after the big correction from $1200+ , I would have about 10BTC, but now I am looking at the added costs of the shipping, sales tax(if applicable where your live), hiring an electrician to run a new dedicated circuit (possibly 2) in my home, the cost of the electricity every month, negotiating with electrical company on a rate so I don't get completely hosed by going 150% above baseline, the decibel level, dissipating the heat generated, and maintaining its activity.
Those extra few thousand dollars to could all go towards purchasing more BTC
I hope I reach my goal and break even with 6-8BTC but as I add in the extra costs, it's starting to look like I will need closer to 10BTC
Hmmm, I could have already had 10BTC

Take some time and have a serious conversation with yourself.

Mining may seem cool but, it is not as glorious as it may seem.

How far down the rabbit hole you want to go, is up to you!

If you're interested in a mining outsourcing solution, PM me.  I've started a company with my buddy (who's the operations manager), and we've got two customers (excluding the three owners) who are happily outsourcing our mining equipment for his management in a data center.

Things have been running smooth (with a few bumps in the road) for almost 5 months now.  Exciting times.

PM me if you're interested in details and I can connect you with the operations manager.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: