Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:07:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is popularity of Bitcoin increasing it price at all?  (Read 2638 times)
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 07:22:23 PM

I have it on my mind.
I though, that when Bitcoin become more popular its price will go skyrocket again.

But this does not happen.

From november 2013 till now popularity of cryptocurrencies went skyrocket indeed, but price of Bitcoin became let say "more stable".

What must happen to make 1BTC = 2000$?

New year is very quiet for all coins, just few of them rising possition, rest falling down or stand still.

So does it might be, that popularity of cryptocurrencies might drop their prices?
I guess it might.
More unexperienced people will become traders. Hell know what is going to happen then.

Just my though.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:28:15 PM

I don't know.  I wanna get rich off it somehow, but I don't know.

Every time I wanted to buy it (like at $10, or $100) I never had the cash flow.

Now I'm unemployed, and would be homeless, if it wasn't for my parents..
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:31:08 PM

Well it technically is based on supply and demand.
There is ton of demand of people trying to get into the BTC, but the supply of BTC can be obtained a lower value.

Eventually the demand will outlast the supply available for BTC around $2k, and the price should slowly be going up.  The thing is there are still a lot of people who originally had BTC from mining, or when it was worth pennies, and are comfortable at selling it at $800, $900, $1000 per BTC.

roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 07:36:56 PM

I don't know.  I wanna get rich off it somehow, but I don't know.

Every time I wanted to buy it (like at $10, or $100) I never had the cash flow.

Now I'm unemployed, and would be homeless, if it wasn't for my parents..

I had same problem.
I have a huge lack of money.

But I search net for tasks 4 bitcoins Smiley
And all money that I invested in crypto are from completed tasks Smiley

On this forum, search for threads with [BOUNTY], or just read "market".
You can try reddit too.
Type google -> reddit jobs 4 bitcoin

there are some ways to buy some BTC without money Smiley you just need to search hard.

Like I did, you can even earn BTC by posting here. Read "market". It might help you.

As well you should start earch BTC here :
http://freebitco.in/?r=191844

here you can earn 0.00000220 BTC every 1 hour. (this is minimum what you get). You can be lucky and win 0.2 BTC, or 0.02 BTC etc.
this is very good faucet, you can play HI LOW game to bet your winnings and win more or loose Smiley
Remember, that even collected 0.0001 BTC is a good start.

and here:

https://coinad.com/?r=XDLCK26MFN6UV60 - my first 0.0003 BTC was collected from this faucet. Now their prices are much lower, but still I get 0.0003 BTC per a week. Not a lot, but it is always SOMETHING! And when 1BTC will = 10000$ in 2020  it will be even more Smiley

So, those 2 are best faucets for me.

And this forum "market", and Reddit -> jobs 4 bitcoin.

MineForeman.com
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 07:42:47 PM

Yes.

January last year bitcoin was worth sub $100 USD amounts, today it is over $800.  No matter how you look at it (unless your very short sighted and only look at last week) bitcoins popularity has increased the price by huge amounts.

Neil

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
likeflint

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:54:35 PM

I think it will just take some time. People want to see bitcoin crash and burn, and the longer it doesn't happen, the more people will warm to it.
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 08:26:29 PM

Well it technically is based on supply and demand.
There is ton of demand of people trying to get into the BTC, but the supply of BTC can be obtained a lower value.

Eventually the demand will outlast the supply available for BTC around $2k, and the price should slowly be going up.  The thing is there are still a lot of people who originally had BTC from mining, or when it was worth pennies, and are comfortable at selling it at $800, $900, $1000 per BTC.

Youre right. We should just wait and see what happens on our own eyes Smiley

Yes.

January last year bitcoin was worth sub $100 USD amounts, today it is over $800.  No matter how you look at it (unless your very short sighted and only look at last week) bitcoins popularity has increased the price by huge amounts.

Neil

True. And I realy hope next january it is going to be $6400 Smiley

I think it will just take some time. People want to see bitcoin crash and burn, and the longer it doesn't happen, the more people will warm to it.

I think it needs a lot of time. Like few years. And then it is going to be big.

Like a gold. Look at gold price (all time). Does it looks familiar to BTC? Smiley
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:31:51 PM

It seems pretty normal. If you look back the price has risen slowly for most of the time except for short periods of huge increases followed by huge crashes. It entirely possible that the price will stay under $1000 for another 6 to 8 months.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:52:33 PM

I have it on my mind.
I though, that when Bitcoin become more popular its price will go skyrocket again.

But this does not happen.

From november 2013 till now popularity of cryptocurrencies went skyrocket indeed, but price of Bitcoin became let say "more stable".

What must happen to make 1BTC = 2000$?

New year is very quiet for all coins, just few of them rising possition, rest falling down or stand still.

So does it might be, that popularity of cryptocurrencies might drop their prices?
I guess it might.
More unexperienced people will become traders. Hell know what is going to happen then.

Just my though.

Bitcoin has become undeniable more known with a steady increase in the number of people investing in it or using it...

....but Bitcoin's valuation is way ahead of schedule. Bitcoin's price has gotten to where it is partly due to a China centric mania, but most importantly, due to a restricted supply of Bitcoin to meet the increased demand. Right about now in the Bitcoin market, there are real efforts being made to keep Bitcoin at this 'stable' $800 price range, presumably until genuine public interest and demand for Bitcoin can catch up enough to actually support these current hyperinflated prices.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Undone

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:09:01 PM

Right about now in the Bitcoin market, there are real efforts being made to keep Bitcoin at this 'stable' $800 price range, presumably until genuine public interest and demand for Bitcoin can catch up enough to actually support these current hyperinflated prices.

Show us the proof of your sources.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:28:13 PM

Right about now in the Bitcoin market, there are real efforts being made to keep Bitcoin at this 'stable' $800 price range, presumably until genuine public interest and demand for Bitcoin can catch up enough to actually support these current hyperinflated prices.

Do you reckon, if your woman was getting banged from the milkman whilst you were working away in your day-job, that you would need video evidence and signed confessions before you would be able to sense what was going on?

If you can't rely on your own good intuition in this world to guide your decisions and your views on things, you are fucked.

I have no evidence. I have however been watching these markets like a hawk in addition to trading long and short, and I know that something is not right and I know in what way it isn't right.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:30:52 PM

Do you reckon, if your woman was getting banged from the milkman whilst you were working away in your day-job, that you would need video evidence and signed confessions before you would be able to sense what was going on?

If you can't rely on your own good intuition in this world to guide your decisions and your views on things, you are fucked.

I have no evidence. I have however been watching these markets like a hawk in addition to trading long and short, and I know that something is not right and I know in what way it isn't right.

i wouldn't but i would sure as hell want some free milk
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:05:54 AM

Seems to me like more merchant accepting Bitcoin causing price to drop. Cause those merchant convert it to cash almost immediately..
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 01:19:48 AM

Truely guys.

I am not an economy master or something.
But what I guess is, that price of BTC will grow for 100%. Smiley (99.9999999% for being truth saying)

Smiley things just need to settle, reasonably would be to say that price might keep at stable, but it must go up cause of difficult and price of mining facilities.

But what I am curious is that, is Bitcoin goin to skyrocket ever again Smiley or is it going to be more stoic way of value increase Smiley
And what keep it far from skyrocketing is what some of you think too - popularity.

So many merchants accept BTC, it is so good! Smiley I accept it too! But, if price go to further than to the moon, there will be too many crazy rich people around Smiley. It might be good too, but not surely.

BUT ! What Ive learned (correct my grammar if it is bad #please) during my joining into cryptocurrency world is : nothing here is impossible Cheesy

But. Reasonable would be that price should be more.. more predictable perhaps.

Like I say. I am not an economist Smiley

Mr. Socko

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 12:57:31 PM

There does seem to be a brick floor around the 800 dollar price level. I've been waiting for it to crash to 500 to get in but perhaps it won't happen. I'll say this, those at the top holding these mass amounts of coin seem to be pretty smart about not selling it off in large amounts... who knows if that's intentional or just dumb luck.

I figured by now it would have crashed to 400 for a reasonable period of time, shaken out some weak hands, gotten some fresh blood like myself in, and spiked back above $1200 again. That actually would be healthier for the speculators, but harmful for the coin as a whole because it would be seen as too volatile for commerce.
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:10:01 PM

There does seem to be a brick floor around the 800 dollar price level. I've been waiting for it to crash to 500 to get in but perhaps it won't happen. I'll say this, those at the top holding these mass amounts of coin seem to be pretty smart about not selling it off in large amounts... who knows if that's intentional or just dumb luck.

I figured by now it would have crashed to 400 for a reasonable period of time, shaken out some weak hands, gotten some fresh blood like myself in, and spiked back above $1200 again. That actually would be healthier for the speculators, but harmful for the coin as a whole because it would be seen as too volatile for commerce.

Price of bitcoin has dropped about 40% just a month ago. About 14-16 december.
So it is quite possible that it wilk happen again.

But, even if it will after it propably wont rise to 1200 $ - 1300 $ just because fresh hands has bought it.
It is not so easy.
yayayo
Legendary

Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:11:19 PM

The higher the price has risen, the harder it becomes to increase further, because the amount of funds required for further increases grows.

Consequently, the number of individuals that need to invest to keep the price rising increases.

But the growth story is far from over yet. Just be patient and let infrastructure and accessibility improve. Then we'll see further gains.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:46:12 PM

i feel like the popularity of bitcoin has increased drastically, but it is still going to take adoption by some major players in order to push the value much further than it is right now (because the more places accepting bitcoin, the more bitcoin is needed).   Therefore, as more merchants accept bitcoin (and some offer discounts for using bitcoin), the higher the demand.   But, this is also countered by the fact that the majority of the vendors accepting bitcoin are immediately selling to convert back to their local currency, so that part makes it almost a wash.

It almost seems lately that the actual breaking of the news of a major company accepting bitcoin pushes up the value more than the actual transactions that those companies are conducting in bitcoin.
yayayo
Legendary

Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:05:21 PM

But, this is also countered by the fact that the majority of the vendors accepting bitcoin are immediately selling to convert back to their local currency, so that part makes it almost a wash.

Yeah, this is a relevant factor!

Maybe longterm conversion will disappear, 'cause nobody uses fiat anymore.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Leoto

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:21:53 PM

It's likely that there are a lot of people on the sidelines waiting for a clear breakout (up or down) out of this $1000 area and once something causes that to happen (and that something could be some random big buyer or seller that happens to move the market since BTC market is still pretty illiquid), everyone will pile on to either take price to the next level ($2,000 for example) or sell BTC down to oblivion.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: