Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:45:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin trading  (Read 839 times)
speart_2000 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:01:00 PM

I'm new to Bitcoin so apologies if I come across as a bit ignorant.

I'd like to buy some Bitcoins, I only have an iPad so can't store a wallet or anything, but essentially I want to buy them now and then sell them at a later date for a higher price and have the Bitcoins stored in the cloud that I can buy and sell at will.  I've been looking at Kraken, is this what I need and also is there money to be made in Bitcoin this way, I can see it's gone up dramatically over the past 12 months, will it carry on up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also, what about the other crypto coins like litecoins and dogecoins, are these a better alternative?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:19:29 PM

I'd like to buy some Bitcoins, I only have an iPad so can't store a wallet or anything, but essentially I want to buy them now and then sell them at a later date for a higher price and have the Bitcoins stored in the cloud that I can buy and sell at will.  I've been looking at Kraken, is this what I need and also is there money to be made in Bitcoin this way, I can see it's gone up dramatically over the past 12 months, will it carry on up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also, what about the other crypto coins like litecoins and dogecoins, are these a better alternative?

Use the wallet at Blockchain.info. It is your best option for a wallet stored remotely. Be sure to save a backup. If you want to buy and sell you can always move the Bitcoins in or out the exchange when you need to, but don't store bitcoins on an exchange.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
AltorXP

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:31:46 AM

I'd like to buy some Bitcoins, I only have an iPad so can't store a wallet or anything, but essentially I want to buy them now and then sell them at a later date for a higher price and have the Bitcoins stored in the cloud that I can buy and sell at will.  I've been looking at Kraken, is this what I need and also is there money to be made in Bitcoin this way, I can see it's gone up dramatically over the past 12 months, will it carry on up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also, what about the other crypto coins like litecoins and dogecoins, are these a better alternative?

Go for BTC and Litecoin, doge is way to risky, and serves well only as a short-term investment, BTC will definitely go up if it becomes more mainstream. Blockchain.info is best for all ios devices
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:07:52 AM

I'd like to buy some Bitcoins

I use and recommend Coinbase.com.

Also, what about the other crypto coins like litecoins and dogecoins, are these a better alternative?

One of the best altcoins at the moment is Goldcoin (GLD).

A new client is in the works that improves upon the Satoshi code and introduces a robust multi-threaded codebase.
Avalaxy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:26:36 AM

OP, just stick with bitcoins. All these altcoins are just scams meant to enrich the creator of the coin. None of them will last a year. This MicroGuy above me is just promoting his own scamcoin.

BTC: 1BvzHyU2WnxtVYbUZYdQ6RExwLUZTfBN1K
LTC: LfoPTEEyhdRHn8Sob8tu1iLz8AjVpvAXa4
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:43:09 AM

If you live in the united states I suggest coinbase.com  for purchasing your coins.  Then set up a wallet on blockchain.info  and store the coins theres  , have 2FA setup, and make a backup.

Yes I believe the value of bitcoin will go up as time goes on.  Then again ther eprobably isn't a single member on this forum who doesn't think that Smiley

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
R0yalAir

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:56:08 AM

OP, just stick with bitcoins. All these altcoins are just scams meant to enrich the creator of the coin. None of them will last a year. This MicroGuy above me is just promoting his own scamcoin.

The best is to avoid these alternative coins for the sake of trading Bitcoin

speart_2000 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:41:38 AM

Hello, thank you for all of the responses, I've purchased my first Bitcoin with your help so will sit here and watch the price now fall through the floor :-).
OliverEngland

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 09:55:50 AM

Coinbase is good too.
drippx

Activity: 539
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:01:28 AM

I read some horrible reviews for coinbase, dont use them
ProofOfBurn

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:51:00 AM

If you live in the US I agree that Coinbase works well. I also have used Bitstamp.net with success. Of course the price of Bitcoin has fallen the past couple weeks. But, it is often the best time to invest when there is blood on the street.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:13:32 AM

I read some horrible reviews for coinbase, dont use them

Care to elaborate a bit, or share some links?  Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: