Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:42:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Media tries a little too hard to...  (Read 464 times)
ETHenthusiast (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:30:40 PM

...undermine cryptocurrencies and convince the world that it's "not worth it" - maybe, in fact this is the time to get in, before the bitcoin skyrockets?
Any thoughts..?

For reference, here's the article I can across today: http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/18/technology/bitcoin-cryptocurrencies-internet-bis/index.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18515

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:14:23 PM

The article is about a report that was commissioned by dozens of the world's biggest banks. Of course it's going to say Bitcoin is worthless/a scam/a ponzi/a bubble/whatever. They are protecting theiriwn self interests.

I can Google for 100 articles written by flat Earthers that say NASA is a scam. Doesn't make it true.
domasal

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:19:35 PM

Most mainstream journalists don't have a clue what crypto is so they are going to demonise it and discourage others from investing. Ignore the fud, just follow the bitcoin experts instead
wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:26:42 PM

...undermine cryptocurrencies and convince the world that it's "not worth it" - maybe, in fact this is the time to get in, before the bitcoin skyrockets?
Any thoughts..?

For reference, here's the article I can across today: http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/18/technology/bitcoin-cryptocurrencies-internet-bis/index.html

I think it won't affect the bitcoin price in anyway. People will start investing in bitcoin again when the price starts rising. I have seen countless time TV news creating fud even my local newspapers trying to creat fud but I think it's normal people will eventually find out about the blockchain technology and it's profitability. 
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:32:01 PM

Most mainstream journalists don't have a clue what crypto is so they are going to demonise it and discourage others from investing. Ignore the fud, just follow the bitcoin experts instead

Sometimes they are being paid to do so. There's a lot of different approaches to crypto from enthusiastic to full of hate, we can't do much about it. They will eventually make fools of themselves like the Polish government that paid youtubers to defame cryptocurrencies. Just sit and wait, they can't win by making things up. The truth will always resurface and kick them in the ass.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ETHenthusiast (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:02:18 PM

Can't agree more: the level of ignorance is sometimes just appalling, I've seen some "reports" that show such low level of knowledge it's not even funny.
What I'm concerned about tis that general public still happens to trust these guys who show up on the screen and spread some inaccurate (to say the least) info. Doing my own share to spread the unbiased info via my own social media, but I'm not sure if that's enough.
Yeahnoh

Activity: 127
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:06:30 PM

Yes! Relentless attempts at frightening people away  Huh so annoying, please leave us be. It's all lies anyways and the few times it's not its just blowing things out of proportion, sometimes they just choose to show the bad news instead of the good, what happened to neutral media  Huh

💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰 [ STEALTH PROJECT ] ANONYMOUS BROWSER AND CRYPTO WALLET WITH COIN MIXER 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰
http://stealthwallet.pro
pretfeestje

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:13:04 PM

Nothing new to be honest, just the media being the governments puppets as usual. Trying to demonise crypto currency because they don't want people to be free. Media has always been used as a means to control and influence the masses but they won't succeed here, I'm sure that crypto will succeed in the end, the banks and the government can't prevent it, it is only a matter of time until the day comes where there will be more crypto users  Grin
ETHenthusiast (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:13:49 PM

Sometimes they are being paid to do so. There's a lot of different approaches to crypto from enthusiastic to full of hate, we can't do much about it. They will eventually make fools of themselves like the Polish government that paid youtubers to defame cryptocurrencies. Just sit and wait, they can't win by making things up. The truth will always resurface and kick them in the ass.

I guess that's one approach - to wait. But it just makes me a little angry, their ignorance is getting in the way, and affects our community adversely.
JessAnd

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:15:42 PM

Nothing new to be honest, just the media being the governments puppets as usual. Trying to demonise crypto currency because they don't want people to be free. Media has always been used as a means to control and influence the masses but they won't succeed here, I'm sure that crypto will succeed in the end, the banks and the government can't prevent it, it is only a matter of time until the day comes where there will be more crypto users  Grin

They can't control the internet, that's why this is just a perfect ecosystem for the forward thinkers.
Thanks for sharing btw, in my line of work this kind of info is very useful.
DenCho?

Activity: 494
Merit: 120

In BTC we trust!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 08:18:20 PM

I think they (Banks) are a bit scared, but don't want to show it. They will tell people different types of disgusting lie about crypto world to save their status and it is in our hands to show the truth to people around us. It will be long and hard way to mass adoption. In 1980s Internet was said not for pictures and videos and now Cheesy The same with blockchain.

I think you are right that nearest 1-2 month are perfect time to jump in Wink Future is here and now it is not very expensive!

@BitcoinSchool_bot - oбpaзoвaтeльный Telegram-бoт. Учиcь, пoкa oпять нe нaчaлocь!
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:20:11 PM

Any thoughts..?

The media is pretty much all over the place in their reporting and price speculation of cryptocurrencies. They tend to lean toward the negative even when things are going well.

I have learned to mostly disregard the regular media because they don’t fully understand cryptocurrencies. I’ll pay more attention to the ones that do this everyday and can provide some useful information.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:29:17 PM

Any thoughts..?
I am not even talking about the article. But dude, for real, if you still haven't bought into Bitcoin by now that means you too are indirectly a part of the Mafia media you criticize. How can you believe in something and still not buy into it. As for the media, I don't see anything shakeable they are doing. Those writing against bitcoin are mere bank puppets paid to do the yeoman job. That's all.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
criptoturk

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 08:32:47 PM

The banking world has always been against cryptocurrency because of their own benefts and interests. So this article is prepared by the banking sector and  they always criticizes cryptocurrency negatively. According to them of course Bitcoin can be scam. But despite all the criticism, I think the banking sector and their services will cover the cryptocurrencies in the near future.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
braZZers123

Activity: 216
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:01:24 PM

The media recently published not very good news for the crypto world, and this is most likely specifically that the rate would fall even further, and there was a good time to enter.

●● BELIFEX.COM ●●
◆ Belifex Blockchain Solutions is Public Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Project & Fully Open-source  ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Youtube
asabed256

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:11:23 PM

The best thing we can do is to ignore these negative news and focus on advertising bitcoin and the blockchain technology in our own way. We can tweet good news, share posts on Facebook, twitter and other media outlets as though we were doing bounties. Every little effort will help bring bitcoin in the spotlight for very good reasons.
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:06:50 PM

Yes, there are certain media that are damaging the credibility of bitcoin and affecting it's market growth. This anyhow made people to believe that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme which I think the people should verify to themselves how true is what media was trying to portray.  I personally  believe that all the bad thoughts about bitcoin were all FUD and not true. People should not listen to fake news and continue to believe in bitcoin as this will be back on track soon.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:34:21 PM

Any thoughts..?

Lol. Media has been so biased against bitcoin. You should look at the 2016 and early 2017 articles and you will find a lot of them attacking bitcoin and saying that its really just a tool for criminals. I don't know if zerohedge though is still publishing negative news about bitcoin, but during the last couple of years, they are really putting a lot of crap and picturing bitcoin in a negative way. Some may argue that they are a more of a gold influencer, but I don't like the idea though of putting bitcoin is the bad spot. Again, this will not go away because bitcoin is slowly gaining a lot of attention and media just want to get a hands on every bitcoin news and will try to spin it for them to look like a clickbait. So just be careful, because not everything we read in the media right now is so true.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 11:36:11 PM

Any thoughts..?

seriously who the hell still watches cnn?

mainly old people do.

of course the banksters are active there to protect their banking cartel, and keep their money earning cattle together that enriches them privately with billion and trillions

r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:46:09 PM

Just bankers and financial firms pay media to spread false information about bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██