Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:17:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul Cheering Entrance California  (Read 3829 times)
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 07:11:44 PM

What is he nuts on?

Abortion. I'm still voting for him though since it's unlikely he can change the current abortion laws.

Abortion is a tough point even among hard core libertarians, unfortunately. And at least he doesn't intend to force a prohibition on federal level, he wishes the states could legislate on that.

I think the worst part in Ron Paul are his views regarding immigration. There's nothing libertarian on that. But still, he's probably the best politician I am aware of.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2011, 08:44:00 PM

I find it offensive that people feel they are entitled to take ownership over the lives of others. They are arrogant and self-important enough to think they can dictate how one should be raised and how one should be culturally. What makes you so virtuous and wise to say that one must submit to the education our government demands? What makes your opinion so grand that it can dictate how society should be?

That is my position.

If a kid had the choice to be free, to improve themselves, and to make choices about their future, I wouldn't have an issue with this. But they often don't, and either do not understand the need to educate themselves, or are in some ways prevented by their parents. You believe everyone should have the right to make their own choices and live with the consequences, as long as they are not harming anyone, right? Well, at what age should the kid's rights start, and the parents' right to raise their kid end?
Anonymous

October 04, 2011, 08:48:38 PM

I find it offensive that people feel they are entitled to take ownership over the lives of others. They are arrogant and self-important enough to think they can dictate how one should be raised and how one should be culturally. What makes you so virtuous and wise to say that one must submit to the education our government demands? What makes your opinion so grand that it can dictate how society should be?

That is my position.

If a kid had the choice to be free, to improve themselves, and to make choices about their future, I wouldn't have an issue with this. But they often don't, and either do not understand the need to educate themselves, or are in some ways prevented by their parents. You believe everyone should have the right to make their own choices and live with the consequences, as long as they are not harming anyone, right? Well, at what age should the kid's rights start, and the parents' right to raise their kid end?
This question is best left to competition among a diverse set of sovereign nations.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2011, 09:05:59 PM

That is my position.

This question is best left to competition among a diverse set of sovereign nations.

I've seen too many people/groups embracing their stupidity, with recent introduction of explitives such as "elitist" and "ivy league" to feel comfortable about this, or to believe that stupid groups will want to try to be smarter and more competitive, as opposed to get stupider and more agressive.
And, wait, sovereign nations? As in have each nation pass a law or decide on a rule when kids should have choices and what those choices are? I'm sure that's not what you meant, and I was just referring to outlier parents home school brainwashing their kid or forcing them to work at home, while peers get an advantage of proper education. Just seems borderline slavery to me in some cases.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: