Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:31:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PopCoin - The World’s First Proof of Play Cryptocurrency - LAUNCHING NOW!  (Read 396 times)
PlayPopCoin (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:47:09 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2018, 02:19:24 AM by PlayPopCoin

Introducing PopCoin - The World’s First Proof of Play Cryptocurrency

TL/DR: On 8/21 at 02:00 UTC we're going to be launching PopCoin- a new sort of game, and a new sort of cryptocurrency, and we'll be seeding it with 2 ETH. If no one plays this is basically free money, but if people do play there's going to be an extremely interesting game going with the earliest players standing to benefit not just from this game, but for all games played in the future.

What is PopCoin?
PopCoin is both a cryptocurrency, more specifically an EC20 compliant token, and a unique game that allows you, through playing, to become the house.

So how does it work?
You both play the game and mine PopCoin by making a sending Eth to the smart contract. In this way PopCoin is actually not an ICO- there is no presale or predefined price coins are issued at, instead coins are mined through the playing of the game- or Proof of Play.

After sending Eth to the contract your bet will be placed in the most favorable position, right on the very top of the payout curve. If the game ends soon, you’ll win big, occupying that very desirable payout position. As other players send Eth to the contract your bet will move towards the back of the curve, initially decreasing in value. You’ll continue to mine PopCoin however, as the game continues your PopCoin mining rate will only continue to increase. Eventually however, if enough bets come in your bet will reach the back section of the payout curve, and your winnings will beginning to increase again. Once your bet is in the back section your winnings will only grow as more bets come in and as always your PopCoin mining rate will continue to increase.

How does the game end?
The game ends when there is no more activity, that is, when bets have stopped coming in. This is measured by the number of blocks that have been mined on the Ethereum block chain since the last bet. This number will change as the round progresses, getting smaller as the round grows. Once the designated number of blocks has been mined with no bets the round ends and player bets are awarded out according to the payout curve.

What are PopCoins good for?
Ok, so you played the game, maybe won some Eth but you also mined PopCoins, what exactly are they good for? Popcoins can be sent, traded, or hold’ed just like any other cryptocurrency, but in addition to those normal functions they also entitle you to something else - a percentage of the house’s rake. When a player makes a bet 3% of that bet is held as rake in a side pool. Your PopCoins entitle you to their corresponding fraction of that pool - if there are 50 PopCoins in circulation and you own 10 of them, then at any point you can redeem those 10 PopCoins for 20% of the Ethereum in the rake pool. This pool will only grow as more games are played and the rate of PopCoins being issued is structured to on average decrease as more rounds are played. For games of equal size, an earlier game in the history of the contract will pay out more PopCoin.

Is PopCoin just 1 game?
Only one game will only issue the cryptocurrency PopCoin, and thus mine the coins that will entitle the holder’s to a percentage of the rake pool, but we’re designing a network of games all of which will pay into that same rake pool. PopCoin itself is just the first of those games.

When Popcoin launch?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidgrip

Activity: 211
Merit: 119

Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 07:15:19 AM

Reserved  Grin

BLAKEZONE Crypto Gaming Platform --- Mine While you Game Blake256 Merged Mining Pools: LA1 - NY2/AT1 - EU3  Why mine one coin when you can mine six at a once! Cool
For the latest info & updates --> Blake Community Telegram     BCT Blakecoin thread     Blakecoin.org     Twitter     Rent Mining Hash for BlakeCoin & Photon -->  Mining Rig Rentals
LoveCryptoAll

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:11:50 PM

Did I understand correctly that you are charging your bets and then giving out prizes to the winners? For the full picture, there is not enough white paper and information about the team.
cryptojette

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

POP Across the Universe

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:50:29 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2018, 06:47:41 AM by cryptojette

This Project is a Bunch of Scammers copycats.

PopularCoin (POP) aka POPCOIN established 2014

Already wrote about Proof of Play in their whitepaper, but you scammers took the idea and are trying to create a scam currency out of it what is funny is that you people completely miss the boat. You are just copycats and nothing more.

I will keep a close eye on you and make sure to let your users know you people are a bunch of scammers that cannot create their own ideas.

You know you can read the Popular Coin whitepaper which can be found here:

https://www.popularcoin.com/popular-coin-popnomics-app-white-paper

-^.^-
Crypto Jet
Popular Coin POP
XBITCOIN

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:54:47 AM

Scam Alert!

PopularCoin ticker (POP) already talked about this!

You have a Ether Scam token here.

Suharjo

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:06:03 AM

new and fun innovations, looks like playing games for coin miners. it's quite complicated how to play it, but the idea is unique. and there is not much information that you submit here, I am waiting for the improvement.
PlayPopCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:17:05 PM

Hi everyone, just to want everyone to know we'll be launching PopCoin today! We're going to be seeding the game with 2ETH, so the first players should have a really good chance for a big win- for a quick tutorial on how to play please check out the video below:

PlayPopCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:22:00 PM

new and fun innovations, looks like playing games for coin miners. it's quite complicated how to play it, but the idea is unique. and there is not much information that you submit here, I am waiting for the improvement.

Thanks for your feedback! I agree we've found it a little challenging to summarize how to play PopCoin in a sentence or two, but we think once you see it in action you'll be able to pick it up really quickly, we're tried to make it simple and fun to play.

PlayPopCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:35:31 PM

Scam Alert!

PopularCoin ticker (POP) already talked about this!

You have a Ether Scam token here.

We understand your concern due to the similar naming, however we think there's sufficient differences to not result in general confusion, eg: PopularCoin vs PopCoin, PopularCoin having it's own chain and PopCoin being a EC20 Ethereum token and also the completely different concepts of "Proof of Play".

We'll be deploying the contract along with source later on today in order to prove PopCoin works as advertised and also has no similarities to PopularCoin in conception or execution.

PlayPopCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:11:24 PM

Did I understand correctly that you are charging your bets and then giving out prizes to the winners? For the full picture, there is not enough white paper and information about the team.

I'm not sure charging is the right way to think about it- more or less how it works is the pool of player bets is paid out depending on the order players enter into the game. The earliest and latest players will win the largest share of the pool.

What makes things really compelling though is that by playing you also mine PopCoins (thus Proof of Play), which entitle you to a share of the ETH that the game rakes, effectively letting you become the house by playing the game.

PlayPopCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:43:34 PM

Hi everyone, just wanted to provide an update, we're still putting some final touches and doing some additional testing on the contract, still anticipate launching very soon, almost certainly within the next week. Will be making a post once the launch date is confirmed.

PlayPopCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:58:20 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2018, 10:53:06 PM by PlayPopCoin

Hi everyone, just wanted to announce we now have an official launch date! PopCoin will launch:
August 21, 2:00 UTC

We're very excited for this launch and think we're going to have a great game. See everyone on Monday!

A direct link to the game: http://www.popcoin.gg/game.html

dzkrb1966

Activity: 602
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:16:28 PM

A coin for one game? It seems to me that the team is narrowing the scope of using its coins and is not quite right. To make the coin more popular, it should be given more social significance.
PlayPopCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:35:08 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2018, 10:52:18 PM by PlayPopCoin

Just wanted to remind everyone PopCoin will be launching in a little more then 24 hours!

There's going to be 2 ETH seeded in the first game so make sure you get there early. We're very excited and looking forward to a great launch.

lunar blazz

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:46:12 PM

Looks interesting, has this project reached softcap? how about the development I am very curious, I will wait for new news success and always think positively.

PlayPopCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:52:01 PM

A coin for one game? It seems to me that the team is narrowing the scope of using its coins and is not quite right. To make the coin more popular, it should be given more social significance.

Thanks for your feedback. We've always designed PopCoin to be the currency for all the suite games we plan to develop, which while possibly debatable in terms of the larger social significance they will have, hopefully will me a significant impact in the larger crypto gaming space and will deliver real innovation in terms of how gaming companies reward their players, and especially their early players.

I think some of the confusion around scoping might be because of the terminology; we do use the word "PopCoin" to refer both to PopCoin the game and PopCoin the cryptocurrency. Some of this was to make it clear that however many future games are built PopCoins themselves, and thus they way players can have a claim to the rake not just for this but all future games, will only be issued though this first game. In order to earn PopCoins you have to play PopCoin.

Although we do have other games in the pipeline our primary focus at this point is making our first game as big of a success as possible.

We hope everyone will join us for our upcoming launch, we really think it's going to be something special.

PlayPopCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:01:25 PM

Looks interesting, has this project reached softcap? how about the development I am very curious, I will wait for new news success and always think positively.

We're actually distributing coins in a very novel way. There won't be a traditional ICO, and instead of distributing coins to miners whether that be through Proof of Work or Proof of Stake instead coins will be issued to players who participate in the game we'll be launching very shortly, a process we call Proof of Play.

Development and testing of the contract is now complete. We'll be launching the game and uploading the contract source a little more then 24 hours from now. We hope you'll participate! If you'd like to check things out, you can find the main game here:http://www.popcoin.gg/game.html

mani mani

Activity: 280

Orient

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:45:07 PM

I hope you have successfully launched this game and found one great pride, success for hard work, hopefully it can run optimally, fighting and good job.
PlayPopCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:37:49 PM

Hi everyone, just a reminder PopCoin will be launching TODAY!

Another reminder that the first game will be seeded with 2 ETH to kick things off, try to get there early!

PlayPopCoin (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:18:57 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2018, 02:29:19 AM by PlayPopCoin

Hey everybody PopCoin is launching NOW! Game should be live within a few minutes!

2 Eth up for grabs!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: