Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:55:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Agilmine - Your REAL Altcoin FPGA miner [Updated! 8/16]  (Read 5205 times)
arm_race (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 9

Contact dev@agilmine.com for our FPGA miner info!

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 05:07:41 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2018, 08:06:32 PM by arm_race

Hi guys,

** Understand some people may think this is another scam, It Is NOT. Good news, Voskcoin and philipma1957 have accepted doing a review for us! sample boards have been sent them for verification. please wait for their review!

** Please anticipate our little survey for pre-order! thanks for your time
https://s.surveyplanet.com/qgKGVspdD

I am glad to announce that  Agilmine A1 prototype boards have been assembled and tested fully functional in our lab!
We have currently implemented FPGA bitstreams and cross-platform host application to support XDAG, Keccak, KeccakC, Pascal and Skein mining algorithms. In the future we plan to support Tribus and other algorithms based on demand.
Some sample performance spec are listed below. Please be noted the numbers are not final, we are still in the process of optimizing the algorithm implementation. In addition they are measured at normal clock frequency and operating voltage. By methods of overclocking and increasing core voltage the hashing performance can bump up by least 10-20%. In the future we plan to support Tribus or other altcoin algorithms based on demand.

XDAG - 500Mhs at 20W
Keccak and KeccakC - 1Ghs at 25W
Pascal - 500MH/s at 20W

Key features:
1. GPU equivalent mining performance at 1/10 power consumption
2. Multiple algorithm support, active development, NO DEV fee
3. Small, Portable, Quite, Low heat and basement mining friendly
4. Single USB connection for both FPGA programming and mining communication
5. Flexible and low cost host selection - Win, Mac, Linux any OS would work as long as there is USB port. My host device is a $10 Raspberry Pi Zero. And you can connect as many miners as you want!

Also, this would be a perfect platform for developers who want to work on their own mining algorithm. We have a solid design in power supply circuity to ensure stable fpga performance for long time mining operation.

Due to the trade dispute between US and China, we have decided to move the production to US. So this fpga miner will be 100% made in USA Smiley
At the moment we are trying to figure out how many people are interested in ordering this fpga miner. Note that the one showed in the pictures are the prototype design, there will be a few improvement in the final design. We have already lined up the suppliers and manufactures and within three months we shall be able to get them shipped. We will go ahead to make a batch if we can receive more 500 orders, it is probably the minimal quantity below which we would lose money making any...

The price is
$345 (USD)

If you are interested or have any questions please send email to
dev@agilmine.com

Or join us in our discord channel!
https://discord.gg/R36gzXM

If you consider pre-ordering please provide your bitcointalk id and quantity interested in ordering.

Thanks.

===Previously updated on June 19===
Hi guys, some of you may know that I posted my original thread in March, since then we have NEVER stopped a single day working on this exiting project to bring you an affordable, portable, low power yet powerful fpga miner on a usb stick.  Wink Wink Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3073933.0

Today, I am happy to announce that after months of hardworking our hardware design is finalized and sent to board manufacturer for test board production.

see the pic yourself, it shows a real work designed by real engineers. you should stay with the real stuff and run away from scams.

our website is still under construction (none of us is good web developer) and we DO NOT accept pre-order until this design is fully tested work! Grin Grin

Cheers

Agilmine Altcoin FPGA Miner (dev@agilmine.com)
Discord: https://discord.gg/R36gzXM
Mailist Product Update: http://eepurl.com/dMfjhQ
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 05:32:02 AM

Hi guys, some of you may know that I posted my original thread in March, since then we have NEVER stopped a single day working on this exiting project to bring you an affordable, portable, low power yet powerful fpga miner on a usb stick.  Wink Wink Grin

-snip-

Never stopped, NOT EVEN A SINGLE DAY, wooow really? Please tell me how you eat or poop while coding? Shocked

I've gone over your old thread and you seem to be linking a website back there. And your device looks like a simple Arduino board. How do you expect to compete with even a GPU with that? There are no technical specifications, no indications of algorithm or profit, nothing. So many red flags and I would highly advise everyone to be careful and better yet, stay away from this, at least until more details are revealed.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 05:46:39 AM

Hi guys, some of you may know that I posted my original thread in March, since then we have NEVER stopped a single day working on this exiting project to bring you an affordable, portable, low power yet powerful fpga miner on a usb stick.  Wink Wink Grin

-snip-

Never stopped, NOT EVEN A SINGLE DAY, wooow really? Please tell me how you eat or poop while coding? Shocked

I've gone over your old thread and you seem to be linking a website back there. And your device looks like a simple Arduino board. How do you expect to compete with even a GPU with that? There are no technical specifications, no indications of algorithm or profit, nothing. So many red flags and I would highly advise everyone to be careful and better yet, stay away from this, at least until more details are revealed.

Roll Eyes Wink I totally agree with you, people here should be more cautious (especially in the world of crypto) and watch what others do than what they say.
you can't judge by its size, actually it is the design goal to make a small and portable miner. on the algo we have tested with, the hash performance is equal or better than a GPU at 20w power consumption.

_oh_no_stop_this_

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:34:25 AM

Can you reveal mining algorithm that your design is aimed at working with?
realaccountakira

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:46:39 AM

Roll Eyes Wink I totally agree with you, people here should be more cautious (especially in the world of crypto) and watch what others do than what they say.
you can't judge by its size, actually it is the design goal to make a small and portable miner. on the algo we have tested with, the hash performance is equal or better than a GPU at 20w power consumption.

Instead of trying to be a smart ass why don't you simply give us an estimated hash rate or at least an estimated profitability-power ratio?

IF, thats a big IF, this is actually a real hardware product, you are acting very unprofessionally and defensively. Real companies and teams do not have time to act all childish the way you are doing. If you think this is a good marketing strategy then you are severely mistaken. All you are doing is looking like one big SCAM.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 12:18:27 PM

Instead of trying to be a smart ass why don't you simply give us an estimated hash rate or at least an estimated profitability-power ratio?

IF, thats a big IF, this is actually a real hardware product, you are acting very unprofessionally and defensively. Real companies and teams do not have time to act all childish the way you are doing. If you think this is a good marketing strategy then you are severely mistaken. All you are doing is looking like one big SCAM.

I am not sure what you mean by the childish act.. because all i did was to post some exciting progress that my team felt happy & proud about. you are right we have no marketing skills, because we are all hardworking engineers, cryto hobbits trying to work on a fun side project - a gpu equivalent fpga miner on a stick  Cool. now that we expect the first batch prototype boards be ready in late june, and by early july we should be able to finish all testing and decide whether or not it is production ready. and we will release full spec and hashrate info in that time frame, so please be patient if you are interested, we are just not that ready yet. thanks.

Bazzaar

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:21:00 PM

exiting progress

Freudian slip or what!
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 12:22:05 PM

exiting progress

Freudian slip or what!

lol my bad. corrected

skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:38:57 PM

SO, at the end have you decided to go with the cheaper option less powerful ?

I hope so.

Please remember that its a FPGA not an asic. So, please release it with at least a couple of bitstreams Smiley
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:48:24 PM

Please a little more details about algos, devfees, power...
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:26:40 PM

When you have a working, verifiable product, please contact one of the Hero or Senior members here and let them do a review of the product.  If they say it performs the way it’s advertised, you will be able to sell thousands of them.

Until that point, probably best if you refrain from posting any further.
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 01:44:45 PM

When you have a working, verifiable product, please contact one of the Hero or Senior members here and let them do a review of the product.  If they say it performs the way it’s advertised, you will be able to sell thousands of them.

Until that point, probably best if you refrain from posting any further.

valuable comment! thanks a lot. we will definitely send out samples for testing and review once available!

markiz73

Activity: 1190
Merit: 641

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:51:37 PM

The last 3 years I have been engaged in mining. I will be glad to test your product.
When do you plan to release a ready-made solution to the market?
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 02:31:53 PM

SO, at the end have you decided to go with the cheaper option less powerful ?

I hope so.

Please remember that its a FPGA not an asic. So, please release it with at least a couple of bitstreams Smiley

yes my friend, cheaper and smaller is better, and cuter  Grin
it is a mighty little one, don't underestimate its power!
we will have at least 2 bitstreams ready to be launched along with the hw platform, more to be supported in future, and 3rd party developed bitstream shall be supported as well.
thanks for your continuous interest

arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 02:38:31 PM

The last 3 years I have been engaged in mining. I will be glad to test your product.
When do you plan to release a ready-made solution to the market?

thank you, this batch is mainly for internal design validation. if no critical issues found we may assemble more for sampling.
we try to shoot for August for production, but we need to line up with all suppliers and manufacturers, a lot of work ahead. fun stuff.

vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:44:17 PM

It's nice to see that this FPGA field has started to be competitive and a lot of people is starting to work on FPGA boards Smiley

Can you give us an update on predicted/tested hashing speeds, price & power consumption?

Any details on it would be greatly appreciated.
markiz73

Activity: 1190
Merit: 641

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:58:30 PM

I hope you will have an adequate solution for price and performance. The FPGA market is just beginning to develop while there are very few decent and competitive products. As soon as decent solutions appear, large producers of asics will quickly begin to lower prices for their products. I'm even very curious who will win this battle.

On what process technology(nm) do you plan to release your chips for boards?
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 10:46:17 PM

I hope you will have an adequate solution for price and performance. The FPGA market is just beginning to develop while there are very few decent and competitive products. As soon as decent solutions appear, large producers of asics will quickly begin to lower prices for their products. I'm even very curious who will win this battle.

This FPGA chip is 28nm process, which we think it is the most balanced solution for an affordable mining device. and it is large enough to hold a big RTL design which is required by most of algo implementation.
we should be able to sell this product at a very affordable price if there is enough order, which we can leverage to negotiate a better deal with suppliers and manufacturer..

Bare

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:38:22 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 01:05:39 AM by Bare

This FPGA chip is 28nm process, which we think it is the most balanced solution for an affordable mining device. and it is large enough to hold a big RTL design which is required by most of algo implementation.
we should be able to sell this product at a very affordable price if there is enough order, which we can leverage to negotiate a better deal with suppliers and manufacturer..

So I guess this fpga mining is becoming a thing again huh? well... I guess nobody can really do anything about it, but I'll tell you all straight that this is no different than trying to acquire asics!

because of AVAILABILITY!!!!!!!!

cpu/gpu mining will always be the best and the only real decentralized mining option in the crypto world.
and the sooner you all realize that the better!

I mean I wouldn't have anything against asics nor fpgas if they were as available as any other cpus or gpus, but I'm afraid I can already tell that this guy arm_race(and of course the competition) will similarly follow in the footsteps of some of the today's biggest asic manufacturing companies, of course, if these fpgas prove to be successful and profitable products in the first place.

Think about what I just said before jumping on the fpga hypetrain...

P.S. no offense arm_race, just my honest opinion, I actually wish you and your team well in your developing endeavors...
arm_race (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 01:20:37 AM

So I guess this fpga mining is becoming a thing again huh? well... I guess nobody can really do anything about it, but I'll tell you all straight that this is no different then trying to acquire asics!

because of AVAILABILITY!!!!!!!!

cpu/gpu mining will always be the best and the only real decentralized mining option in the crypto world.
and the sooner you all realize that the better!

I mean I wouldn't have anything against asics nor fpgas if they were as available as any other cpus or gpus, but I'm afraid I can already tell that this guy arm_race(and of course the competition) will similarly follow in the footsteps of some of the today's biggest asic manufacturing companies, of course, if these fpgas prove to be successful and profitable products in the first place.

Think about what I just said before jumping on the fpga hypetrain...

P.S. no offense arm_race, just my honest opinion, I actually wish you and your team well in your developing endeavors...

hey, some organic discussion is always welcomed here. thanks for the input.
ironically, Availability is the issue we want to solve in the first place, as we see the GPU mining is not a preferred option to everyone, due to its size, heat, noise, high-price and not being available from time to time. we are trying to present a generic mining platform for developers and miners, being small & portable that everyone can set up a "rig" on his desk, and comfortably live with it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: