Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:28:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 14980 times)
Callius

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 09:40:31 PM

His point is that you claimed to not have any BTC to pay him back, and had to get it from your fiance yet there is no transaction for this, seeing as the payment to him is confirmed they must have come from this account and therefore either your fiance must have paid you a while back or you had funds already there, either way you held off refunding him by saying you had no funds when you must have had some.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Callius

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 09:41:26 PM

You say you had to borrow money to pay him back.
But in your screenshot, there is no deposit (the funds you borrowed), only 2 withdrawls.
This means you already had the funds.  Why lie about having to get funds?
(I think I'm following this correctly)

Nope. Those funds came off Mt. Gox. I'm not sharing that.
Point being, Cablepair was refunded the money so this thread shouldn't be continuing but hey guess what... it is.

You paid him from that account, therefor ethe funds must have entered that account.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 09:42:46 PM

i suggest you call the bitpo (bitcoin police) !
logansryche

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 09:43:13 PM

Either way its looked at, I paid him back end of discussion.
Jeremey even came into this post and apologised for the mix up.
DROP IT!
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 09:50:11 PM

I'm not following.

the first address(the one to cablepair) is http://blockexplorer.com/address/1GnSekWQL7ESyiA9NqY499amHJTDWMtW93 which is confirmed with 21 confirmations.
The second address(the one to Jeremy) is http://blockexplorer.com/address/1HDwpqaYw6uNz1Syy7ZM2VTbbipFTF1fim which is also confirmed with 165 confirmations.

You say you had to borrow money to pay him back.

But in your screenshot, there is no deposit (the funds you borrowed), only 2 withdrawls.

This means you already had the funds.  Why lie about having to get funds?

(I think I'm following this correctly)

Just because you have access to funds doesn't mean you can spend them.

I could go buy a bunch of shit for two grand right this minute, but then in nine days, I wouldn't have that two grand to pay my rent. See how such a situation can arise?
DrZaius

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:09:49 PM

Your landlord accepts bitcoins?

Again, logansryche has a history of being a liar/scammer/immoral guy. Why are you so surprised that he didn't in fact need to borrow a ridiculously small amount of money from his fiancée?
FAtlas

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 10:10:37 PM

To answer atlas' question, it was 2 different wal-marts lol.
Keep bashing and I'll keep laughing, I have enough popcorn.
When you applied at your current wal-mart position, did you disclose that you've been fired from 2 other wal-marts?  Have you worked a job that wasn't wal-mart?
logansryche

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:13:49 PM

When you applied at your current wal-mart position, did you disclose that you've been fired from 2 other wal-marts?  Have you worked a job that wasn't wal-mart?

I have and after 30 days, you're out of Wal-Mart's system unless you were fired for something really serious(like assult or stealing). If you're also inquiering, I was let go the first time because of attendance, and the second time because I was injured on the job(messed up my spine because of that mess).
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:17:24 PM

Your landlord accepts bitcoins?

Again, logansryche has a history of being a liar/scammer/immoral guy. Why are you so surprised that he didn't in fact need to borrow a ridiculously small amount of money from his fiancée?

What if they keep a joint btc wallet? I know I used to have a joint household account with my domestic partner. She woulda been PISSED if I was dipping into it for my own shit without talking to her.

Once again, I am not defending this guy, but I am not condoning jumping down his throat for an innocent mistake. He did some bad business. Nothing more...it's not a scam. It's fucking drop shipping, and it's one of the most common sales techniques on the internet.
DrZaius

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:25:23 PM

I don't think he was scamming in this case, no. But I think it's fairly obvious he he lies about pretty much everything (from having cards in stock, to obtaining restraining orders, to all the stuff in the CartsForCoins thread where he lied about how much work he put in/the size of OpenCart modules) and we don't need the lack of a wife-to-husband BTC transfer to doubt his story which is largely irrelevant in the scheme of things.
logansryche

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:31:11 PM

Well seeing how mc_lovin is happy with his cart and is accepting orders, I don't think that's 1/2 bad.
I don't know of any online company that doesn't fudge stock numbers. If you ordered 20 physical gift cards of say, McDonalds. I could go out and physically get and send you 20 McDonalds gift cards. Why me instead of you doing it yourself? Lazyness. Did I just add to your accusation? Yes. Did I just admit to it? Yup. Is there anything I can do about it? Nope.
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:37:45 PM

I don't think he was scamming in this case, no. But I think it's fairly obvious he he lies about pretty much everything (from having cards in stock, to obtaining restraining orders, to all the stuff in the CartsForCoins thread where he lied about how much work he put in/the size of OpenCart modules) and we don't need the lack of a wife-to-husband BTC transfer to doubt his story which is largely irrelevant in the scheme of things.

No one wants to look the fool.

Want do you want out of this? He has admitted to his poor business practices. This thread came about because of his ridiculous message that he was folding his store, so we don't need to worry about it occurring again (hopefully).

Once again: all he did was drop ship something, and he hit a snag and tried to not look like a jackass. I order parts from all over the world for my business, and I have had much worse delays due to the same BS...it's just the nature of online retail.
logansryche

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:51:16 PM

Yeah but no one cares about that though.
They just care about poking at me whenever I fuckup on something.
logansryche

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:57:32 PM

ATTENTION EVERYONE!
ATTENTION EVERYONE!
I am openly admitting that this deal was entirely my fault. Cablepair came to me and asked me for a gift card. He didn't ask if I had one, just that he needed one. I mislead him into thinking I had a card lying around like yesterday's news and so he paid me. Did I fuckup? Oh yeah, majorly. Am I a scam artist? No.. I thought the deal was in the bag, but no one will care about that. They'll only see that I fucked up and lable me a liar/cheater/scammer/whatever.

So there it is.
Hope you're happy Cablepair.
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 11:00:48 PM

Yeah but no one cares about that though.
They just care about poking at me whenever I fuckup on something.

Dude, you started a thread yelling at everyone for driving you out of business; a business in which you had very little time and capital vested that offered overpriced things that no one but an EXTREME specialty market was into. You have hardly earned the luxury of feeling sorry for yourself here.

Lest you forget, I was one of the people poking fun at you. I am starting to think you might just be the troll-king of bitcoin.

Your sort-of-apology there is what should have happened a bunch of pages ago.
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 11:01:42 PM

ATTENTION EVERYONE!
ATTENTION EVERYONE!
I am openly admitting that this deal was entirely my fault. Cablepair came to me and asked me for a gift card. He didn't ask if I had one, just that he needed one. I mislead him into thinking I had a card lying around like yesterday's news and so he paid me. Did I fuckup? Oh yeah, majorly. Am I a scam artist? No.. I thought the deal was in the bag, but no one will care about that. They'll only see that I fucked up and lable me a liar/cheater/scammer/whatever.

So there it is.

There ya go lying again. It wasn't entirely your fault. Jeremy posted above that he had a little mixup with the email addresses. Smiley
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 11:02:33 PM

ATTENTION EVERYONE!
ATTENTION EVERYONE!

So there it is.

There ya go lying again. It wasn't entirely your fault. Jeremy posted above that he had a little mixup with the email addresses. Smiley

Ahahaha! Nice catch.
logansryche

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 11:02:41 PM

Nope but Cablepair said in PM that he wouldn't admit any wrong doing of me or lock this thread until I publicly claimed that everything was my fault, so there it is.
bosschair

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 11:11:03 PM

I for one apologize for calling you a scammer when you were merely incompetent, rude, and refusing to acknowledge your mistakes.  Please don't file a restraining order against me.
logansryche

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 11:12:11 PM

ok
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: