Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:30:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you not at Wall Street?  (Read 8239 times)
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 01:38:38 AM

Seriously. You all bitch and complain about how terrible things are. Get out there. It's easy to procrastinate or criticize. Unless you're taking action or working 14+ hours a day to better things then you should feel bad. Bitcoin will always be around and frankly that isn't a valid cop-out now.

I swear I would drop everything I'm doing now if I wasn't on the other side of the globe.

If you are remotely near NYC then you have no excuse.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SMOKEU

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 02:13:26 AM

Looks like I've got the perfect excuse being on the other side of the world  Grin

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 03:48:43 AM

I work on multiple projects daily thank you Cheesy

But yes, this forums is full of a bunch of wankers!
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 03:49:36 AM

i've seen what holds the birdges in nyc up, i'll design the repairs as per the enginers specs but no way in hell i'm going over any of it

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 03:50:41 AM

bridges and high places scare the fook outta me(yes i said FOOK!).
I don't care what engineering has been done!
PinkiePie

Activity: 70

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 03:51:59 AM

Seriously. You all bitch and complain about how terrible things are. Get out there. It's easy to procrastinate or criticize. Unless you're taking action or working 14+ hours a day to better things then you should feel bad. Bitcoin will always be around and frankly that isn't a valid cop-out now.

I swear I would drop everything I'm doing now if I wasn't on the other side of the globe.

I'll be there in a few years!  My dad has a friend who works at Goldman Sachs, after I finish my home schooling this year I'm hoping to attend Regent University.  If things go right I'll have a summer internship all lined up!  Wall St. here I come!

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 03:53:26 AM

I'll be there in a few years!  My dad has a friend who works at Goldman Sachs, after I finish my home schooling this year I'm hoping to attend Regent University.  If things go right I'll have a summer internship all lined up!  Wall St. here I come!

God help us any chance of recovery just died with that statement

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 03:57:26 AM

Do you like bank bailouts?

NOT ME!

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 04:00:08 AM

Assuming you're asking why we're not at the Wall St. protests... why would we protest the government intervention/bailout on Wall St. with a bunch of yahoos who want more government intervention in the rest of the economy/our lives.

People who want to protest the bailouts should do it in Washington, not New York.  Of course bankers are going to take free money if you give it to them (or force it on them).  The problem is politicians who think they can 'fix' problems that they themselves created.
bitconformist

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 12:37:55 PM

Assuming you're asking why we're not at the Wall St. protests... why would we protest the government intervention/bailout on Wall St. with a bunch of yahoos who want more government intervention in the rest of the economy/our lives.

People who want to protest the bailouts should do it in Washington, not New York.  Of course bankers are going to take free money if you give it to them (or force it on them).  The problem is politicians who think they can 'fix' problems that they themselves created.
I'm cool with government intervention if it's regulation of some of the crazy shit those guys are doing, which is what those guys are after. Incidentally, you're only half correct: bankers will take all the money they can lobby for.

You're a complete idiot if you think that preventing recurrence of the recent financial woes should involve further deregulation.
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 12:46:25 PM

I don't trust my working class car to make it to NYC.

There are a wide variety of yahoos protesting. On more liberal forums, I've seen alternate reality versions of you asking why anyone would want to go protest with a bunch of Ron Paul nuts.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Jessica

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 01:44:19 PM

I'll be there in a few years!  My dad has a friend who works at Goldman Sachs, after I finish my home schooling this year I'm hoping to attend Regent University.  If things go right I'll have a summer internship all lined up!  Wall St. here I come!

Do you like bank bailouts?

NOT ME!

bailouts = CEOs and employees spend taxpayer money on lavish gifts for each other, friends, and family = everybody happy

How can you not be happy?!
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 02:03:27 PM

You're a complete idiot if you think that preventing recurrence of the recent financial woes should involve further deregulation.

Right.  Because the brain trust in Washington did such a great job with Freddie and Fannie.

And the Greeks have done such a fantastic job managing their public sector.

The reason we're having "financial woes" is because politicians refuse to let people pay the price for their choices, and because the system is built on debt rather than equity.  

In any event they're only "woes" if you're not prepared for them.  Or if you have a vested interest in perpetuating the system.  For those people who don't buy on credit, who live within their means, and have been saving for a rainy day, they are about to be presented with the opportunity of a lifetime.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 03:42:03 AM

Gosh, I had to listen to one of the paragons of intellectual wasteland that claim to be the "leaders" of your precious little protest on the radio today. What a waste of air that worthless ass-hat was. All he could do was mouth breathe the same tired anarco-moron dogma that filthy cretins who live for handouts always whine and bitch for...

More government handouts for everybody like them, but fuck the banks and the taxman.
Free educations and guaranteed health care for everybody, but don't charge me for them, charge "The Man".
Kill the Rich, but not until they pay his share of the taxes, so he can have guaranteed unemployment insurance for his entire life.

Hey asshole? Get a job, get off the pavement, everyone is tired of stepping over your stinking filthy little protest and ignoring you like the rest of the fucking halfwit beggars that occupy the sidewalks. This unorganized "completely democratic" circle jerk is a voice without a cause, without a clue, and without any kind of useful agenda. It's a bunch of worthless leeches who must have read how cool the 60's were with all that protest and free love and brown acid, and decided that nirvana was better than the real fucking world. It ain't. It's what stoned fuck-ups come up with when they are too wasted to see straight. Remember that time your smeared peanut butter all over the back of your hand because it felt so freaky and slippery? Yeah, numb nuts, you woke up with ants crawling all over your stupid ass because you had their favorite food all over your hand. That wasn't "kewl" it was stupid. And not very sanitary. And your girlfriend got a major yeast infection because some tool had peanut butter in all the wrong places. Yeah, that kind of stoned stupid.

You want change? Get off your ass and do something productive and real about changing something. Stop whining about The Man and vague unidentifiable boogeymen like "corporate greed" and "millionaires and billionaires" and organize yourself. Learn how to stage a real protest, that somebody gives a damn about, learn how to package your message so it appeals to someone who wants to make a difference, not a bunch of flea-infested slackers whose greatest accomplishment in political theater is bitching about one fucking protester getting roughed up by the cops. Quite playing at anarchy and embrace it. Throw off the shackles bitches and take some direct action. Laying your lazy ass on a sidewalk, and running a donation scam through Mailboxes R Us just makes you look like another boil on the ass of society.

And holding these zombies up as something noble and to be aspired to? Really? You think people should have to justify not being a part of this exercise in mutual masturbation? Get your head out of your ass, the lack of oxygen is depriving your few remaining brain cells.

Why am I not at Wall Street? It's easier to invest from my desk, I don't like filthy unwashed jag-offs who are trying to make a statement, poorly, and I spit on the type of worthless fucks who think they are changing the world by mouthing off, when they would shit themselves if they ever saw anything real about creating change. Get tear gassed a couple of times, eat a water cannon, learn to live by the gun, and know what agit-prop is really all about, and hint? It isn't posting on OT threads.
Rarity

Activity: 182

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 03:45:26 AM

Yeah, one of the reasons I support communism is that it doesn't disproportionatly take from any one group but instead makes sure we all give and receive the same from the public resources.  Half measures like this will never get the job done.  Once Bitcoin is widely adopted this should all be a lot easier.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 07:31:41 AM

Gosh, I had to listen to one of the paragons of intellectual wasteland that claim to be the "leaders" of your precious little protest on the radio today. What a waste of air that worthless ass-hat was. All he could do was mouth breathe the same tired anarco-moron dogma that filthy cretins who live for handouts always whine and bitch for...

More government handouts for everybody like them, but fuck the banks and the taxman.
Free educations and guaranteed health care for everybody, but don't charge me for them, charge "The Man".
Kill the Rich, but not until they pay his share of the taxes, so he can have guaranteed unemployment insurance for his entire life.

Hey asshole? Get a job, get off the pavement, everyone is tired of stepping over your stinking filthy little protest and ignoring you like the rest of the fucking halfwit beggars that occupy the sidewalks. This unorganized "completely democratic" circle jerk is a voice without a cause, without a clue, and without any kind of useful agenda. It's a bunch of worthless leeches who must have read how cool the 60's were with all that protest and free love and brown acid, and decided that nirvana was better than the real fucking world. It ain't. It's what stoned fuck-ups come up with when they are too wasted to see straight. Remember that time your smeared peanut butter all over the back of your hand because it felt so freaky and slippery? Yeah, numb nuts, you woke up with ants crawling all over your stupid ass because you had their favorite food all over your hand. That wasn't "kewl" it was stupid. And not very sanitary. And your girlfriend got a major yeast infection because some tool had peanut butter in all the wrong places. Yeah, that kind of stoned stupid.

You want change? Get off your ass and do something productive and real about changing something. Stop whining about The Man and vague unidentifiable boogeymen like "corporate greed" and "millionaires and billionaires" and organize yourself. Learn how to stage a real protest, that somebody gives a damn about, learn how to package your message so it appeals to someone who wants to make a difference, not a bunch of flea-infested slackers whose greatest accomplishment in political theater is bitching about one fucking protester getting roughed up by the cops. Quite playing at anarchy and embrace it. Throw off the shackles bitches and take some direct action. Laying your lazy ass on a sidewalk, and running a donation scam through Mailboxes R Us just makes you look like another boil on the ass of society.

And holding these zombies up as something noble and to be aspired to? Really? You think people should have to justify not being a part of this exercise in mutual masturbation? Get your head out of your ass, the lack of oxygen is depriving your few remaining brain cells.

Why am I not at Wall Street? It's easier to invest from my desk, I don't like filthy unwashed jag-offs who are trying to make a statement, poorly, and I spit on the type of worthless fucks who think they are changing the world by mouthing off, when they would shit themselves if they ever saw anything real about creating change. Get tear gassed a couple of times, eat a water cannon, learn to live by the gun, and know what agit-prop is really all about, and hint? It isn't posting on OT threads.

I'M MAD! MAD ABOUT PROTESTING! MAD ABOUT HIPPIES! GRRRRRRR HIPPIES!!!! WHY DON'T THEY TAKE A SHOWER? AND ANOTHER THING: WHY ARE LINES AT THE GROCERY STORE SO LONG THESE DAYS?

I'll take a million hippie protestors over one guy who already sounds like a 90-year-old Andy Rooney at age 20.

Oh yeah, and they do have a large list of demands that the media has mostly ignored. The media has also left interviews with intelligent protesters on the cutting room floor in favor of airing the comments of the biggest idiots they can find. I wonder why...

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Gerken

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 11:44:54 AM

I'm not going cause I don't want to get my name on the lists. 

speeder

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 11:53:26 AM

Because I am in another hemisphere.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 05:39:05 PM

I sympathize with the protesters in New York, but not their lack of a coherent message. The OccupyWallSt.org web site is sad and misinformative. Perhaps rather than ridicule and further divide the United States politically, Americans should try to gather and educate each other. From what I hear from Tea Party members is cut taxes keep the programs while another party says increase programs keep the tax. Neither is a solution to debt. As long as the United States is divided you are conquered.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
speeder

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 06:24:06 PM

I think all of that, all revolutions around the world, are actually a anti-UN thing, but people do not realize that now...

If they ever succeed, by taking apart the fiat financial system, this will tank central banks, and thus world bank, and thus UN...

When THAT happen, then history will record that people fought against the UN... (even if they had no idea about that)

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄