Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:45:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A small village strengthening it's Economy by cryptocurrencies.  (Read 564 times)
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:50:23 AM

A small japanese village named, Nishiawakura is making their economy much more beneficial with the help of cryptocurrencies by launching a Initial Coin Offering. I think it is a best way to help some small villages to grow up with really good profits and also it might bring the cryptocurrencies some more close to legalisation.

The village is home of approximately 1500 villagers and and they unveiled their plans to launch a regional initial coin offering.
Report by coindesk https://www.coindesk.com/japanese-village-to-launch-nations-first-municipal-ico/

This is a perfect head start and i hope that several such villages can soon adapt this strategy to strengthen their economy

Its a interesting news , i know japan have a great in many thing and i think this is successful also ,but they need to teach some villagers to understand the important of the ico and the uses of this. That is the good news and i think because of this many countries have idea to seek the blockchain technology.

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zakariajaki

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:25:17 AM

read the opinion above I feel more stable with the future of crypto, legality and sensitivity to the future has been read with mass movement even though it is still a small village scale but it can be ascertained the blessing of japanese government, I am very happy to read the article and I hope fore there which can be more than that and I still believe in the existence of bitcoin as one of the top 5 coins in the future, with bitcoin position which should not be top position but still in top 5 altcoin, with btc fixed belief as mother of altcoin, may be useful and successful for We all
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:47:40 PM

A small japanese village named, Nishiawakura is making their economy much more beneficial with the help of cryptocurrencies by launching a Initial Coin Offering. I think it is a best way to help some small villages to grow up with really good profits and also it might bring the cryptocurrencies some more close to legalisation.

The village is home of approximately 1500 villagers and and they unveiled their plans to launch a regional initial coin offering.
Report by coindesk https://www.coindesk.com/japanese-village-to-launch-nations-first-municipal-ico/

This is a perfect head start and i hope that several such villages can soon adapt this strategy to strengthen their economy
I hope that they at least have something interesting that they're going to do with their ICO instead of just kicking another shitcoin into the market. It's starting to get boring when it seems like every second coin is just some copy-paste under a different name. At least make it something interesting in the sense that it relates to their local industries - meaning forestry, according to the article. It doesn't have to be fancy, just something better than a general token that'll be forgotten about.
That is the idea indeed. Because I really do not see the point of an ICO without having something succinct to do with it. Although, not much detail was given in the article, but in the end, I will actually love to see how this would play out.

This is a bit new to me though, with a small village trying to strengthen its economy with crowd funding, but at the end, it is all about how they intend to manage the funds, what they intend to use it for, the part of the sector in the village they wish to use it to strengthen or at the end like you have mentioned, it won't just be another shit coin or token in the market.
Noelnada

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:06:15 PM

I hope that they at least have something interesting that they're going to do with their ICO instead of just kicking another shitcoin into the market. It's starting to get boring when it seems like every second coin is just some copy-paste under a different name. At least make it something interesting in the sense that it relates to their local industries - meaning forestry, according to the article. It doesn't have to be fancy, just something better than a general token that'll be forgotten about.
That is the idea indeed. Because I really do not see the point of an ICO without having something succinct to do with it. Although, not much detail was given in the article, but in the end, I will actually love to see how this would play out.

This is a bit new to me though, with a small village trying to strengthen its economy with crowd funding, but at the end, it is all about how they intend to manage the funds, what they intend to use it for, the part of the sector in the village they wish to use it to strengthen or at the end like you have mentioned, it won't just be another shit coin or token in the market.

I am a little bit disappointed they are going to do it the ICO way, I think cryptocurrencies are really beneficial to the economy at every level as a complementary/different money than fiat and I think there are so many different ways they could have introduced crypto like an airdrop for citizens, establishing partnership between established cryptocurrencies and small businesses/shops there, facilitating payment with crypto for local taxes and for everything in this local economy... But well, I wish them success however, as they are among the first to try it, who knows  Cheesy

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
rasp

Activity: 900
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:30:28 PM

A village that ran Initial Coin Offering to secure funding. that sounds weird enough to me. Anyone able to explain how the society and the village able to get benefit from it. And what exactly the use of the Coin?
They say that "All the funds that the village manages to gain through this ICO will be used for carrying out further business development in collaboration with the village itself."
I'm not quite sure what these business activities will look like. Perhaps, forestry? some cultural events? "green economy"?
I would love to read their white paper or a roadmap, but, unfortunately, the website is in Chinese only.
I wish they would translate it into English at least in order to attract more curious people..
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:49:07 PM

Now that is something amazing!!

A great initiative by this small village will not only boot up their economy but would also be a quintessential example for other areas in the vicinity of this place. In fact Japan has always been an example setter for all others when it comes to adoption of digital currency.

P.S.: Hoping for more such great ventures in future too!!

Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:53:15 PM

In my own opinion, cryptocurrency can really help an entire country to improve their own economy, if cryptocurrency will be legalized by the government then there will be more people who can actually have their own job and being a jobless is not a problem anymore since you can become a trader or advertiser of an ico.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:05:20 PM

Its a interesting news , i know japan have a great in many thing and i think this is successful also ,but they need to teach some villagers to understand the important of the ico and the uses of this. That is the good news and i think because of this many countries have idea to seek the blockchain technology.
Yeah, it is really very interesting news and what is most interesting about it all is seeing the real life usage of the crypto space within the governmental system. As we keep seeing real life cases like this, there would be more chance for other government of some countries to start seeing the great opportunities that abound in the cryptocurrency space. One thing that is still a bit blinding to me is how they intend to utilize these funds as that was not explicitly stated.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:26:42 PM

Yeah, it is really very interesting news and what is most interesting about it all is seeing the real life usage of the crypto space within the governmental system. As we keep seeing real life cases like this, there would be more chance for other government of some countries to start seeing the great opportunities that abound in the cryptocurrency space. One thing that is still a bit blinding to me is how they intend to utilize these funds as that was not explicitly stated.
I heard about the same experiment in Russia. But I do not see any positive results from such experiments. It's very important to me. It seems to me that any cryptocurrency can not have a positive effect in a limited space. Bitcoin has become as it is only because it has received worldwide support. The cryptocurrency market is so dense now that it is very difficult to find a place for new projects.
ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:20:44 PM

This is very nice to here.If any technology reach the remote village,it may be considered as successful technology.Now crypto currency reach the success level.As like this all the village get aware about crypto and start to adapt the bitcoin.Their will be remarkable change in the price of bitcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
SectorZero
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:44:17 PM

This example shows well that the technology is universal. And another impetus to the fact that despite all the prohibitions technology will grow and develop. Japan would not have allowed such decisions to be taken within the country if it had not been ready for them. I do not envy those countries who do not understand this and forbid it. You will end up at the end of the list of economies.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:09:48 PM

And that is what we have been waiting for. Many people who criticize Bitcoin and crypto always think there's no real world usage for this new technology, but we need interventions such as these to prove them wrong.
vibingpositively

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:11:27 PM

While this does seem interesting on the face of it, it seems futile to me. Why run an ICO, and who the in their right mind would invest in it? I chalk this up to the ICO market being oversaturred and this example seems to be proof of that. Honestly, what will they offer the crypto space ask yourself this.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
Lagrood

Activity: 728
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:37:38 PM

The Japaneses are smart and they always try to use modern technologies. I will get to know more about this project because it seems to be interesting. It is a pity that you wrote a little about this project in this theme.
It is interesting to know how many investors from this forum have already invested in this project and why they have made this decision.

shackleford

Activity: 281

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:18:36 AM

Japan in 2017 showed the very first, to all people on the Globe, that the cryptocurrency will live, and many other countries followed. Therefore, today Japan demonstrates to everyone how to form the crypto economy in a small entity, such as a small village.
Ludji

Activity: 112
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:58:32 AM

Very interesting way of using ICOs, altough I have to say, I think uneneccessary. ICOs are generally oversaturated as is, these kinds of implementations only make it harder for ICO investors to find good opportunities.

Looking for Reddit accounts? Well look no further, HIGH-QUALITY REDDIT ACCOUNTS FOR SALE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4960485.0
Zach707

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:12:36 AM

This only shows how crypto friendly Japan is and they are very open minded about adapting it into their economic mainstream. Japan is a very disciplined country with regards to using crypto.
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:31:33 AM

scam ICOs are better for most people...

How do you mean scam ico are better for most people? Do you mean some people would just open their eyes and invest their money where they are sure they won't get their money back? I don't understand why that could be reasonable thing to do.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:41:20 AM

If this can be operated by small village,maybe this can be manage to make happen in some smaller countries to have continued support in bitcoin or the cryptocurrency altcoins

Or lets use this idea for our government to have good outlook about this and to use it as tools to improve their economy
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:58:42 AM

Quite a good start for developing this system, crypto can lift economy if being used correctly and will be adopt by people who really care with the system, I see that this village might gain lots of supports coming from outside investors if they really provide good marketing and clear road maps, planning this type of project might be hard but if being successful they can be the good example of economy being lifted by blockchain inspired system.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀