Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:16:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: History of Communication  (Read 211 times)
finaleshot2016 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 05:05:37 PM

Just wanted to ask about the history of communication. What's your favorite era of having communication? and what kind of communication is that?  Shocked

Answer and explain your answer please? Cheesy
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:54:52 PM

Obviously the current one is the best. The time when they used carrier pigeons was very interesting though. Remember watching several vids of those on YT. Really makes you appreciate how instant communication is now. With just a tap you can not only call but see the person you are talking to halfway across the globe.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:18:14 AM

Obviously the current one is the best. The time when they used carrier pigeons was very interesting though. Remember watching several vids of those on YT. Really makes you appreciate how instant communication is now. With just a tap you can not only call but see the person you are talking to halfway across the globe.

Yeah, nothing beats how we communicate now. And with advancing technology, it will just get better and better. The world is definitely getting smaller and smaller and more connected. Do you guys know that relationships have blossomed in virtual reality? There's already a couple who even got married with their headsets on. With AI, virtual and augmented realities, time and space will no longer exist in the future.
UnknownTraders

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:34:41 PM

Yeah, nothing beats how we communicate now. And with advancing technology, it will just get better and better. The world is definitely getting smaller and smaller and more connected. Do you guys know that relationships have blossomed in virtual reality? There's already a couple who even got married with their headsets on. With AI, virtual and augmented realities, time and space will no longer exist in the future.

Lol, I got married to a chick (I mean that's what she told me) online in RuneScape back in 2002. I was 11...
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:26:00 PM

In history of communication, its breakthrough and highest peak reached yet is today, on this current era. The technological advancement in the communication history breaks all stereotypes and creates marvelous connection that seems impossible before. Our type of communication today breaks distance in which eventhough how distant you are to each other, you can still communicate with him/her. Moreover it conquers time as you can communicate well to each other in reel time and without a large gap or delays. Lastly, we might not have noticed that the communication we do have today really revolutionize the history and world of communication as it has an enormous impact to our daily living.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:01:19 PM

That's a tag extreme but yeah, the internet certainly expanded the dating pool. Imagine if you were a medieval folk. Your choices are basically just the people in your town and maybe those nearby if you'd bother to travel. Heck, I still see these happening in backwaters, they just bang and marry the nearest chick. Hopefully they're checking genealogy records...

Lol, I got married to a chick (I mean that's what she told me) online in RuneScape back in 2002. I was 11...

Ahahaha, in-game marriage. Shame you never met "her" in person.
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 02:18:49 PM

Because I only experienced the recent type of communication, it is obvious that I would pick this one. It is fast, convenient, and still improving. However, I never experienced the communication that they have used in the past. Telegram, letters, carrier pigeons. And such. So you might say that my answer is biased.

One thing's for sure, our way of communication is still improving. That's why it is still getting better and better.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:05:36 PM

Seeing all those ravens flying around in GOT really piqued my interest in pre-modern communication. (Shame, shame, shame ravens don't make good carriers IRL.)

The future of communication seem limitless now. It could even be near instant across space if they manage to get Spooky Action to work.
Jane Moore

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:21:33 PM

The best communication era is waiting for us in the nearest future. The barriers will disappear and communication devices will be more suitable to use.
Isaac_Ramirez

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:04:41 PM

I think that each era of communication just keeps getting better an better! I am not that old, but I remember when all we had were home phones. Long distance calls were quite expensive, even within the country. Now we can talk to anybody anywhere in the world as much as we want for much cheaper. I had a long-distance relationship for about a year and I was able to talk to my girlfriend by audio or video chat every day, anytime we wanted. She was across the ocean! Even just 15 years ago it would have been hard to imagine that you would be able to send video and photos from a cell phone anywhere in the world. I remember being pretty amazed that somebody did a video chat from the street in their city, now it's totally normal.
gembirdprivate

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:50:50 PM

My favorite era of communication: when there was no Internet, everyone went outside and talked there.
This is the best era, not all your bitcoins, blockchains, Internet * laughter*
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 12:02:56 AM

For me the best era in communicating with someone specially when they are far away from each other is the present era that we are into. Because of the technology that we have now , it is easily for us to communicate to other people through wireless telephone and through the use of internet connections.

DigitalCyberius

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:47:16 AM

Just wanted to ask about the history of communication. What's your favorite era of having communication? and what kind of communication is that?  Shocked

Although it may be fun to think about sending out the horseman with our bag of letters, or tossing a bottle with a note into the ocean, or being a runner with a message, or even sending a telegraph with morse code, today is definitely the most efficient era we know of for communications, and it would be our favorite. Today, you can instantly communicate with someone all the way around the world, or even with a person on the surface of the moon! Today, advanced communications can send signals through radio waves, sonic waves, or even light pulses, essentially anything that emits a frequency can be used to communicate. They even have lasers that can be used to send messages underwater. Fiber optic cables allow fast-as-light communication via wire. And not only that, but we can send, store, and broadcast documents, graphics, and video, to be seen or available to access for nearly anyone in the world with an unhindered internet access. Dedicated websites, blogs, and forums help us find and talk about particular subjects. We've even gotten to the point where people can control robotics and software with their thoughts. As far as pure communications go, this is a great time to live and communicate. Of course, this also has its drawbacks. While rapid communication with friends or family members, or among researchers, or with people disseminating information can be quite useful, it also has the ability to be extremely harmful when used in bad ways. Criminals and terrorists can communicate via the wires and waves just as easily as law-abiding and good-willed citizens can, and anyone can share anything they wish via the internet, bad or good. That said, we are fans of the freedom of information and communication such technology brings. However, watch the big corporations that have massive control over the majority of people's online search engines and social networks, as well as political policies, as there have been (and will probably continue to be) many instances of censorship, creating social bubbles through algorithms, punishing people for speaking out on certain topics or sharing their views (even with no ill-intent), etc.

Have a great day,
The Cyberius team.
Elli022

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 01:01:50 PM

history of communcuation we sended letters to eachothers n waited for other persons answer alwys wait for postman to come and give letters. So the letters phase was good
3lyntmy

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:41:28 AM

what u mean history of communication?
arion6868

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:17:18 PM

previously when internet is not that widely used, smart phone is not appear, we all contact via home line phone, amazingly we can memorized up everyone's house phone number. now barely can c a person can memorized up to 50 contacts without hints. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: