Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:10:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade Vs HODL  (Read 4245 times)
jessica2020

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:01:32 AM

For me Hodl is my option, you should hold your tokens and wait to make the value higher. day trading is much risky to do.
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:27:06 AM

What is your recommendation for Crypto trading,  Day trading or HODL
Experience in crypto trading big loser or winner

I prefer day trading because in this way i can earn more profit depending on the situation in the market more than holding a coin which has no assurance if the price will grow since the market is volatile.
likerseld

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:43:38 AM

The "big three": Investing in Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum. This trader probably uses Coinbase and knows of these three options. He might not realize there are actually more than a thousand other coins to choose from. He kicks himself when Litecoin goes up, but he just bought Ethereum instead. Like today.
Day trading is better than just holding because holding will take long time to give profits and day trading can give you daily profit if you have crypto trading experience. Knowledge about the market current and upcoming situation is mandatory for day trading. It is better to spend some time with a trading expert to gain experience about day trading.
Renegadegate

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:45:35 AM

I don't believe you should ask for the advice here because there's no correct answer, IMHO. You have to make your own decision, anyway.
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:22:30 PM

hodl will net you more profit with day trade, that's if you cannot read a chart or make a fundamental analysis, the pressure and the difficulty day trade vs hodl are so much.
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:53:34 PM

we have different suggestions and ways in order to survive and be profitable. Its up to you which one you feel comfortable with. But for me, holding isn't good at this time due to price fluctuations. 
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:55:35 PM

Both of it requires different skills and techniques. Sometimes, It could only suit base on your current situation. If you have hectic schedule then go to HODL . Vice versa - If you have enough time so push to be a day trader. According to friend of mine, short term would be the most profitable if you are knowledgeable enough however it also very risky.

ratna altika

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:19:29 PM

Day trading is a fulltime job in my opinion- higher rewards but also much higher losses. I tried it but after some good positions I failed.
I hold my selected coins.
Covano

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:04:27 PM

Daytrading is really risky (it was already mentioned). I personally hold perspective coins.
Ibas samara

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 03:49:55 PM

if your day is spent on cryptocurrencys, you learn daily trading, take advantage of all the features and potentials that exist in every exchange market. but if your time is not much, you can buy then hold until the price you feel is enough to gain profit.
tothanhtuan

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:32:03 PM

The trend is money flows into BTC, then out into ATLS. The hard part about Alt coins is picking ones that are actually good. Lets say for example that Ethos isnt able to do what it says, most of this group who didnt buy in at ICO are going to be really upset. BTC is the safest bet, its going explode eventually. If you aren't so very sure that your ALT coin can out compete the rest just put your money into king BTC
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:33:44 PM

I think trading works out better, you are likely to lose your bitcoin, but you are also likely to acquire more bitcoin, and thus benefit from an increase in bitcoin's prices, which seems more likely. In the long run, hodling may give you a return in fiat value as a result of a public increase in the crypto's perceived value, however, this is unlikely as confidence in alt-coins tends to grow more slowly than that of bitcoin.I would suggest that, each individual to come up with a strategy which works for them and which will be comfortable for them.
doch

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:29:11 PM

Daytrading is really risky (it was already mentioned). I personally hold perspective coins.
Day trading is good for those people who do not have already spent a lot of time in day trading. In fact day trading is too much difficult and risky way of making money, and being unexperienced in day trading i would only like to invest my money for long term and not for short period of time.
deniskiely

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:58:29 PM

To be honest, what I am doing for most of my altcoins is... hodling. I believe they are undervalued now and it also depends on my family situation. I am kind tired of trading everyday.
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:25:17 AM

Choosing on either holding or day trading is depending on your daily routine because you can always trade in the market to earn profit daily or you will just hold your coins while having a work on the corporate.
AdamMackrell

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:55:35 AM

It is different for different minded people
crypt0j0e

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:08:55 AM

I don't really have the time or the patience to day trade but i've heard some people have made a killing off day trading alt coins. For me i just try to find a promising project with a good team and community behind it and HODL onto those coins for as long as i see progress and growth.

Verity the Real-Time Decentralized Oracle
Register Today! (https://alpha.verity.network/?referral=AE33164)
Damn3d

Activity: 359

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:36:57 PM

I want to try they training but it appears that I don't have enough time during my day schedule to do that so for now I'm just holding because of lack of free time, maybe in the future I would have more of free time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Cybersecurity Penetration Testing
.....on the Ethereum Blockchain......
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ██▌         ▄  ▄▄
        ██▌        █▀ ▄█
        ██▌       █▀ ██
        ███████████ ▀▀
                 ▀██▄
                  ███
                  ▐██
                  ▐██
                  ███
                 ▄██▀
       ███████████▀
     ▄█ ▄▄
    ██ ▄█
      ██
     ▀▀
    ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ████████████████████████████
    ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
    ███████████████       ██████
    ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
    ████████████▀▀     ▀▀▀██████
    ████████████          ██████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄    ▄
     ██▄            ▄████████████▀
     █████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
      █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
     █▄█████████████████████████▌
     ▀██████████████████████████
       ▀███████████████████████
       ▐██████████████████████
         ▀██████████████████▀
           ▄▄█████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
denisaardelean

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:48:58 PM

Daily trading is more dangerous than hodl. you can lose big amounts easily in daily trading. it's riskier than hold. but if you have daily trading knowledge, you can make good profits.
but, If you don't have the knowledge about day trading, I suggest HODL.
I think you should only trade day and should not hold, especially long-term hold. You can see that the market is in a bear market for a long time. Bitcoin prices are recovering for a few days, and altcoin prices have fallen for several days.

So you should not keep altcoin in the long run it would be very dangerous if you did not have enough capital to get DCA.
EugeneReigns

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

Express Gratitude With Merit

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:33:00 PM

I prefer to mix those two. The only holding can make you miss a lot of profit as the market moves up and down, and up and down all the time. Just holding you will see the price growing but you would think it can grow even more and would choose to wait longer. But after that starts continuous correction and you lose that profit and even can get in losses. When the market is healthy and has potential to growth I prefer day trading but during the correction, I prefer to quit to fiat and wait for a cheap price to enter. I am holding if there are solid reasons to consider further growth or if I entered the market but the dump has come and I was late to sell. Then I hold until the price recovers.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: