Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:38:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE OF CRYPTSY MANIPULATING NEW COINS- VERTCOIN SCREWJOB!!  (Read 40082 times)
dsergeevich

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:37:07 PM

cryptsy is shity
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:47:39 PM

Same here, parts of my mining efforts are stuck in nirvana.
Sent x tickets into the helpdesk already.

They cannot not know.

And it's all documented, the block explorer
shows exactly when the money got where.

While my precious is in cryptsy nirvana, I cannot trade with it.

Cryptsy's fault not mine. They hide my money until it's boring to trade with it.

I would really like to know what's going on, there are several possibilities:

It's
(a) a technical problem, or
(b) a jump the queue scam, or
(c) a direct market manipulation.
(d) they protect me from selling now for an undervalued price
(e) a reason that I don't understand.

(f) thieves

Let's have a closer look:

(a) a technical problem
could have well been the reason - but then they had fixed it within an hour or two.
A company like cryptsy cannot afford to not have programmers on standby 24/7.
And by now, they could have 10 people working on it.

We are talking big money that we customers are loosing right now.

CRYPTSY CAN YOU PLEASE PUT MORE AND BETTER PROGRAMMERS ON YOUR PAYROLL.

(b) a jump the queue scam
is not improbable, but would mean that cryptsy is completely corrupt, and can never
be trusted ever again. Either you would belong to that select group that is allowed
to jump the queue, and trade before anyone else does ...

... - or you loose out a lot whenever you use cryptsy.

I would be sad if that were the case, really.

Then: LET ME INTO THAT GROUP PLEASE, CRYPTSY.

But I don't think such a corruption is necessary, just with normal business,
cryptsy can get so incredibly rich that they don't need to play foul games.

(c) a direct market manipulation.

It would be quite clever, actually.

For 6 hours, Cryptsy allows less coins through than are asked for
- the logical consequence is a huge increase in price.

Their gain? As they control the inflow, they can cash-out at the peak.  Clever clever.

The question here is rather: if not, why are they not using (c) *hahahaha*

AS SOME OF US COULD NOT BENEFIT FROM THIS,
PLEASE REPEAT IT IN THE NEXT WEEK.
And friends: Please alert me then, please :-)

If I get my turn, e.g. later on today
- that strategy of hiding my money from myself would actually be in my interest,
as strange as that might sound: Cryptsy is slowing down our dumping,
in order to keep the price up. Thank you, Cryptsy!

(d) they protect me from selling now for an undervalued price
Cryptsy is on my side, and feels with me, and knows how important this will be for me.
And they sense how much more the price will climb today;
and by hiding my money, they protect me from selling prematurely.

Let's just hope that is true.
My guess is the real peak will be at 16:00 GMT.

(e) I don't understand it yet
Then please enlighten me.
I am really curious.

EDIT: What I would never have expected, naive me:
It could be plain and simple, I didn't come up with it, but several others report:

(f) theft.
Someone on the inside of cryptsy is stealing money.
(s)he would get be able to get the private keys of the deposit target address.

So far I have found these reports of theft, allegedly proven by having seen the sum moving through wallets:
#17 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=449762.msg4948468#msg4948468
#3083 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404364.msg4947616#msg4947616
#3096 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404364.msg4947959#msg4947959
#3117 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404364.msg4948689#msg4948689

But to steal would not make sense, for the same reasons as in (b).
Cryptsy's profit model is better than any shortsighted illegal scam could ever be.

I still hope it's (d).
Or (a) and they invite me to work for them.
Or (b), and they invite me to the priviledged group who can jump the queue :-)

What a fascinating day!

Smiley

Damn nice analysis, I couldn't agree more on everything you said.
mfpowernl

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:56:42 PM

Just go to bter.com perfect trading site! And today the VERT is also live there !!
Rantzbitz

Activity: 212

R.M.H. Ether 2013

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:31:37 PM

New article about Cryptsy's shady moves and this thread! bitcoinbarbie[dot]com

CANADIAN Bitcoin Exchange QuadrigaCX - Bitcoin(XBT) - $CAN - $USD - Gold http://www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=g7p1fslfyxyerkukgqltlsse
thunder04839

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:55:57 PM

I put my only 1.3 vert in crypsy and it never showed up at all.  I got tucked out of the only amount I was able to mine.
Vk6JYjxTybVihBfNUpvRyrXo3rHCwG3f9E
Check my wallet for yourself.
noganoo

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:28:44 PM

I've been saying this for a week now... Let's boycott Cryptsy.. clearly they are incapable of running an exchange of this size so let's help them downsize!  I've been waiting for an answer from tech support for over a week on my issue.. No response.. They can not be trusted.  Last week it took me over 12 hours to transfer some DogeCoins to Cryptsy.  Worst exchange ever.  Nobody ever available in the IRC help channels.
CycleSurfer

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:29:43 PM

Over 12 hours waiting for my VTC to arrive.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:14:27 AM

lets see when they add SUN if this happends too

yolo
Velocd

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:45:32 AM

I am sitting at 24 hours for my 6 VTC deposit...fucking shit site.
xref

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:04:17 AM

same thing happened to me, my deposit was pending, for almost a 8 hours, 3 support tickets without a reply, at the end did send my last ticket, informing them, that this is my last ticket to send about this case, from this point ill have to forward my case to my lawyers, and ill make sure that you will pay me every cent i lose because of this unexpected delay without any kind of warning from your side about pending queue or being informed prior deposit about pending estimate time, and magically the newly created ticket got a replay within an hour, faster than previous 3 tickets, and received right away my deposit with an apologies from them, isn't cryptsy people are so nice? .... NOT
my prediction is

they recieve your 100 coin, they sell it at price of 0.014 for example, they make 1.4btc, then when price go to 0.008 they buy you a 100 coin for 0.8btc, and deposit it for you, YAY
i believe they are making money out of your asses, BECAUSE, there is no tracking system like block explorer to what ACTUALLY happen to the coins while they are inside their website. transactions inside exchange site dosn't require confirmation when you buy and sell, no coins move from wallet to other, its all on their data base.
pending stage might mean "cryptsy owner balance"
downwithopp

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:01:17 PM

I have been waiting for my vert coins to "show up" on Cryptsy as well. It has been over 30 hours now and either Cryptsy is a TERRIBLE and Incompetent service provider or they are criminally manipulating the market. The only reason I can fathom that they are just incompetent is that they are not the only game in town and they are seriously damaging their brand and customer trust.

I sent them 3 increasingly angy "support" requests and each came back with the same replay stating...

VertCoin (VTC) is under maintenance. It will return soon and deposits will then go through.
Sorry for the delay and thank you kindly for your patience.

Sincerely,
Stephanie
Cryptsy.com

* * Check out whats new at Cryptsy by visiting our new blog at http://blog.cryptsy.com/ !!

It is funny that they have not posted this maintenance issue anywhere on their site, twitter or their blog. Needless to say, my confidence is shattered and I will be removing all my holdings from their site pronto! I suggest anyone else with even a flickering sense of self preservation do the same. There are plenty of competitors - bter, coins-e, coinmarket.io etc..

In closing I say to Big Vern - GO F*CK YOURSELF.
johliks

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:12:56 AM

They do this when the volume is extremely low, essentially locking you in/out. I informed them and heard nothing.
barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:02:29 AM

what else is new man? cryptsy does that with every launch... sometimes you get lucky to join in on the pump.. sometimes you dont....

i know its not fair.. and certainly not the right thing to do... But its still the biggest altcoin exchange out here... so unless you write an article in the fucking newyork times or something... this aint gonna help... and bigvern is getting an even bigger hard on by reading this... Wink
regmann

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:45:41 PM

they did this whit doge leafe cash and all other coins the added in the last months

holding deposits back to make price rize ( and prob selling early bought coins @ other exchanges themselves for inflated prices ) then after they sold all for max profit they open the floodgate,s and prices crash LOL

traced the last coins added + time of announcement ( as u can see the buy volume ) was high on all coins

And before they announced it the price already shot up a lil ( then exploded )

as alwase every one will say this proofs noting

and they only add coins whit high volume ( witch is not true )

but up to u all Smiley
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 11:54:01 AM

They are doing this with many coins.  They do it from time to time with Doge and do it with Cash Coin etc... basically any coin where stopping the selling pressure will allow for a nice price spike.  They also will answer support emails very quickly for coins where they are not currently running the fix trade.  If the coin is in a fix trade for them they ignore the support cases for 8 hours+ for the coin you are talking about until they release everyone's coins all at once to create a drop for them to buy back into.

BTW you can't currently get btc out either like gox.  They are saying internal server error... hope it doesn't last.

I wanted to pour a lot more money into cryptostocks in crypsty but no way in H E double hockey sticks now.

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:33:45 PM

i got so mad today on cryptsy for holind for 24h my deposits that i moved to bter [this link gives 10% discount on trade fees!]

lets all move

yolo
fire6113

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:33:25 AM

they did this whit doge leafe cash and all other coins the added in the last months

holding deposits back to make price rize ( and prob selling early bought coins @ other exchanges themselves for inflated prices ) then after they sold all for max profit they open the floodgate,s and prices crash LOL

traced the last coins added + time of announcement ( as u can see the buy volume ) was high on all coins

And before they announced it the price already shot up a lil ( then exploded )

https://i.imgur.com/fatIHji.jpg

as alwase every one will say this proofs noting

and they only add coins whit high volume ( witch is not true )

but up to u all Smiley

LMAO at this omg gave ya a tip you can work out what cry are going to list as new coins before they are made known anyone can see this information it just a matter of working out how you work out what they are going to list ........    A lot of people have worked this out in time how to work out what they are going to list etc you should play more att to your address bar and try a few things Wink    Ps not going to tell you what to do etc but as can be seen in them graphs alot of smart cookies have worked out the same thing and what coins will be listed next etc.....

fruitsdemers

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:14:58 AM

Dod gamnit, I just found this thread after trying to figure out what the hell happened to my VTC deposit that went through hours ago and it explains everything. If anyone needed an update, it's still not fixed.

Any pitchfork and torch package seller around here that takes crypto that's not VTC? because, you know... all my VTC is stuck in this bloody scam of a website now!
Sinyk7

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:08:38 PM

All of my coins I have mined have arrived over the past few weeks, none have gone missing. I'm not in a rush to dump them like some people apparently.

VTC: Vq8qKPFiGoGJZh6kEuCpEcWDS5Y9cqT4Pb
DOGE: DPgdMAk1wWRw49JBrdX9sxRUbixs4F4d6b
LTC: LayUZZ2VukQGBoSaxwqE4wWXH6htkagYw9
KaozTiposta

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:15:02 PM

All beginners will taste the cryptsy shit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: