Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:19:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question re. Offline Ubuntu Bundle Applications  (Read 477 times)
W2014 (OP)

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:28:48 AM

Hi, I recently installed the Offline Bundle for Ubuntu on an dedicated offline computer.

The bundle contained 3 applications:

1) Armory (Test Network)
2) Armory
3) Armory (Offline)

I think I understand what 1) is for (Testnet transactions), but what is the difference between 2) and 3)? They seem identical except for the names.

Thank you!!!

VIAZ   ►   First Major Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform on Tezos   ◄
WEBSITE | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | WHITEPAPER | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 03:53:37 PM

Hi, I recently installed the Offline Bundle for Ubuntu on an dedicated offline computer.

1) Armory (Test Network)
2) Armory
3) Armory (Offline)

I think I understand what 1) is for (Testnet transactions), but what is the difference between 2) and 3)? They seem identical except for the names.

Thank you!!!

They are the same when on an offline computer.  The "offline" version is really just for your online computer, if you want to force it to load in offline mode (there's a few reasons to do this, though most users don't require it).  When Armory is installed, it  has no way to know whether this is an offline computer, so it installs both anyway.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
W2014 (OP)

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:26:28 AM

1) Armory (Test Network)
2) Armory
3) Armory (Offline)

Thank you!!!

They are the same when on an offline computer.  The "offline" version is really just for your online computer, if you want to force it to load in offline mode (there's a few reasons to do this, though most users don't require it).  When Armory is installed, it  has no way to know whether this is an offline computer, so it installs both anyway.

Thank you.

VIAZ   ►   First Major Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform on Tezos   ◄
WEBSITE | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | WHITEPAPER | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: