Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:33:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Need to know if I just screwed myself.  (Read 1244 times)
suukool (OP)

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:36:24 AM

Would a 1.9 MH scryptminer be profitable in two weeks (when I receive the miner from Singapore)
Or did I just royally screw myself out of 1700$.
I've been saving for almost a year to get a miner, finally got one.
I don't pay for my electricity so that's not a problem, but I just looked into how difficulty works, Do you really think it could jump past 3000 in two weeks?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suukool (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:10:45 AM

bump
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:24:31 AM

If you think that you can make 3000$ in 2 weeks with that power.. Then Good Luck... Thats never gonna happen.

mdmx

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:56:48 AM

Based on my estimates..

1.9MH/s will net you ~25$/day which is 25$/day without electricity costs (as you pay none, it's 0$/electricity).

1700$ (Rig Cost) / 25$ (profit/day) =  68 days to break even, so a little over 2 months just to break even on your hardware.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:10:29 PM

Based on my estimates..

1.9MH/s will net you ~25$/day which is 25$/day without electricity costs (as you pay none, it's 0$/electricity).

1700$ (Rig Cost) / 25$ (profit/day) =  68 days to break even, so a little over 2 months just to break even on your hardware.
A bit optimistic. 1.9 Mh/s will not net you 0.03 BTC/day

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:37:34 PM

Congratulations on your new miner!

You have to pay to play in this type of endeavor. However,  you didn't screw yourself cause there's a pool out there called Middlecoin which doesn't give a rip about static ROI estimates.

Middlecoin mines most profitable altcoin and sidesteps the difficulty of major coins like Litecoin.  You can have so-so days and then awesome days where you make x2-x3 what you normally would.

Hook that bad boy up already and don't look back.
sharted

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:47:51 PM

Would a 1.9 MH scryptminer be profitable in two weeks (when I receive the miner from Singapore)
I don't pay for my electricity so that's not a problem, but I just looked into how difficulty works, Do you really think it could jump past 3000 in two weeks?

Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that there is no such thing as a "scryptminer." There are graphics card yes, but no ASICS, which it sounds like you have purchased. Where did you get this from? What website? Also, I just mine coins myself going by their current value because I don't trust multicoin sites. For one they don't mine the most profitable coin because they don't mine every coin. They mine the most profitable coin from THEIR own personal list of coins, so yeah. I make a batch file for each worthy altcoin so switching take sme 5 seconds. That's just how I do it though but if you're new then perhaps a multipool is best until you get the hang of it.

Thyatis

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:00:41 PM

Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that there is no such thing as a "scryptminer." There are graphics card yes, but no ASICS, which it sounds like you have purchased. Where did you get this from? What website? Also, I just mine coins myself going by their current value because I don't trust multicoin sites. For one they don't mine the most profitable coin because they don't mine every coin. They mine the most profitable coin from THEIR own personal list of coins, so yeah. I make a batch file for each worthy altcoin so switching take sme 5 seconds. That's just how I do it though but if you're new then perhaps a multipool is best until you get the hang of it.

Fyi there is scrypt miners out, they are usb keys.  Look around on the forum they are both btc and scrypt miners.

My Reputation information   | [/color]
Contact Information -  Google Talk & Email - thyatis@thyatis.com |
ghur

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:21:49 PM

If you're not paying electricity then yes, you've slightly screwed yourself.
If you would have gotten a bunch of GPUs and and some hardware to support it you would have gotten double the hashing power for that money.
The main difference being it would consume more power and you're certain you're not being scammed by one of the many many scamsites claiming to sell scryptminers.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
sharted

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:37:05 PM

Fyi there is scrypt miners out, they are usb keys.  Look around on the forum they are both btc and scrypt miners.

FYI, they don't mine anywhere near 1.7MH/s and as someone else just mentioned there are MANY scam sites offering these "miners". So whatever tell the new guy that he just bought a legit device, when in reality he has probably been scammed. This is why I stay away from forums, too many people just want to argue.

h3rlihy

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:37:39 PM

You've probably just screwed yourself. a 1.9MH scrypt miner would probably be a little less completely unheard of.

I did try to engage you in conversation by pm yesterday to offer you advice on what to do but you didn't reply to me. If you just run headfirst, arms flailing into every situation without doing the proper checks, you are going to f*ck yourself. If you haven't already.
suukool (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:28:24 PM

You've probably just screwed yourself. a 1.9MH scrypt miner would probably be a little less completely unheard of.

I did try to engage you in conversation by pm yesterday to offer you advice on what to do but you didn't reply to me. If you just run headfirst, arms flailing into every situation without doing the proper checks, you are going to f*ck yourself. If you haven't already.
Everyone was saying to try to get my miner, that's what I did, I went to sleep before I saw your message.
ALSO, no I did not get scammed, if I can make 300-400$ I can buy another GPU, and so on.
Hardware doesn't loose value.
NeedVIP

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:36:30 PM

Everyone was saying to try to get my miner, that's what I did, I went to sleep before I saw your message.
ALSO, no I did not get scammed, if I can make 300-400$ I can buy another GPU, and so on.

That is IF u get what u think you're getting: 1.9MH scrypt miner... huge IF there
suukool (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:25:14 PM

That is IF u get what u think you're getting: 1.9MH scrypt miner... huge IF there
Not really, I did it through ebay, knowing that IF anything was wrong, I could get my money back, because trust me they ALWAYS side with the buyer.
I'm not asking weather or not I got scammed, I'm asking if from the time it takes to get here, if it will be profitless, looking at the difficulty charts, I don't think so. But WHO KNOWS.
suukool (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:27:56 PM

If you think that you can make 3000$ in 2 weeks with that power.. Then Good Luck... Thats never gonna happen.

3000 Diffuculty, not cash...SO many noobs here..smh.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:28:38 PM

I would ahve sold you a 2+mhs rig for 2K and included overnight shipping
suukool (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:34:35 PM

Would you do escrow, I haven't paid the buyer yet. Tongue
Plus..I'm paying only around 1770$. for 1.9MH plus adding one more card would make it about 2.5 M/H
So if your miner can beat that for 2k, then fine.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:38:24 PM

Would you do escrow, I haven't paid the buyer yet. Tongue
Plus..I'm paying only around 1770$. for 1.9MH plus adding one more card would make it about 2.5 M/H
So if your miner can beat that for 2k, then fine.

I'd be more then happy to discuss this with you on my thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447962.0
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:41:15 PM

I will say, if you don't pay for electricity, then why go for a Scrypt ASIC? At this point, the cost per Kh/s of an ASIC is greater than the raw computer hardware. Sure you can resell it, but that is on the strict assumption that a refined model isn't significantly superior. If it is, then your 1st gen ASIC is like those 333 Mh/s usb sticks for BTC mining: pretty much dead weight.
suukool (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:54:37 PM

I will say, if you don't pay for electricity, then why go for a Scrypt ASIC? At this point, the cost per Kh/s of an ASIC is greater than the raw computer hardware. Sure you can resell it, but that is on the strict assumption that a refined model isn't significantly superior. If it is, then your 1st gen ASIC is like those 333 Mh/s usb sticks for BTC mining: pretty much dead weight.
I'm not sure what you're talking about, scrypt ASIC? I haven't heard of that, even looking up all I could find was just about as expensive if not more expensive with the same hasing power. Unless I can buy something like this : http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-2-th-s-200-Gh-s-bitcoin-miner-asic-/171234617575?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27de60e8e7

and use it to get 200GH on litecoin mining then I have no idea what you're saying.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: