Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:50:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DONT TRUST CRYPTSY  (Read 1645 times)
Fastpow (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:16:15 AM

Oh my god,

Went to sleep really happy last night about the price etc only to wake up to see someone hacked my Cryptsy and stole all my 350 vtc i've been working really hard on for the past 2 weeks.. My e-mail has also been hacked apparently..

My only guess woud be it's an inside job because i've used different passwords for everything i did. They just delayed the deposits only to sell your funds and cash out the btc right when they enter your account.

1DCkj4Ub1m323NStdP2Udzq3918bA8MDxp   2.44192461

This was the BTC adress used in the hack..

I'm really feeling like shooting myself right now. Been trying to help the vtc community so hard for the past week only to get treated like this by a worthless hacker.

Well guess it's void to ask for any support/help or whatever but if you feel like i've helped you out in the past days. I would really appreciate it...

LVn6rPFuEtAtcpaEKLRdGKYopDtE6cNvQBb

So my advice would be STAY AWAY from cryptsy, these kind of exchanges have fucked over so many people in the last few weeks/months it's unbelievable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
larem

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:18:39 AM

Oh my god,

Went to sleep really happy last night about the price etc only to wake up to see someone hacked my Cryptsy and stole all my 350 vtc i've been working really hard on for the past 2 weeks.. My e-mail has also been hacked apparently..

My only guess woud be it's an inside job because i've used different passwords for everything i did. They just delayed the deposits only to sell your funds and cash out the btc right when they enter your account.

I'm really feeling like shooting myself right now. Been trying to help the vtc community so hard for the past week only to get treated like this by a worthless hacker.

Well guess it's void to ask for any support/help or whatever but if you feel like i've helped you out in the past days. I would really appreciate it...

So my advice would be STAY AWAY from cryptsy, these kind of exchanges have fucked over so many people in the last few weeks/months it's unbelievable.

How did Cryptsy do "an inside job" and hack your email? They are also in your provider (like Google)? This is a ridiculous claim.

BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:19:41 AM

Did you have 2FA enabled? Did you download malware onto your computer compromising your machine? Did you PM me for help?

If you play in crypto you will likely get a virus at some point or another. If you do not utilize Two Factor Authentication you are not secure enough.

Email 2FA is not enough. I highly recommend using Authy.
Fastpow (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:21:06 AM

Oh my god,

How did Cryptsy do "an inside job" and hack your email? They are also in your provider (like Google)? This is a ridiculous claim.

Wouldn't know how they did that, might be cooperating with some pool owners that know the passwords/e-mail adresses. Might be a premature assumption but i can't remember using my e-mail pw anywhere
Fastpow (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:22:37 AM

Did you have 2FA enabled? Did you download malware onto your computer compromising your machine? Did you PM me for help?

If you play in crypto you will likely get a virus at some point or another. If you do not utilize Two Factor Authentication you are not secure enough.

Ah i see, your the one operating cryptsy, like stated above it might be a premature assumption.
I'm just devastated too wake up to something like this.

larem

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:23:21 AM

Ah i see, your the one operating cryptsy, like stated above it might be a premature assumption.

Premature? Then why are you jumping to conclusions like this and trying to push everyone else away from them? Seriously, you're taking the completely WRONG path here.

Fastpow (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:26:29 AM

If you play in crypto you will likely get a virus at some point or another. If you do not utilize Two Factor Authentication you are not secure enough

Premature? Then why are you jumping to conclusions like this and trying to push everyone else away from them? Seriously, you're taking the completely WRONG path here.

Well seeing the forums i'm definitely not the only one who got fucked over last night, so yes, for now i would suggest people to stay away from them.

But sure, give me a suggestion. What path should i take?
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:30:52 AM

If you play in crypto you will likely get a virus at some point or another. If you do not utilize Two Factor Authentication you are not secure enough

Well seeing the forums i'm definitely not the only one who got fucked over last night, so yes, for now i would suggest people to stay away from them.

Scan for malware with several antivirus programs.

Evaluate any software you have downloaded the past few weeks. To include wallets trading software attachments etc.

Then change your passwords. Making sure to use a different password on every site you use. Cant really do this first as they would have them again.

USE TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION so they cannot do this to you.

Contact someone rather than trying to panic folks......
larem

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:31:54 AM

I don't know... talk to the people who run the site and have them look into it?

You said that your account AND email were hacked. No exchange hosts emails as well. No pool are email hosts either. This means that your problem far surpasses either of these.

What you've done is like me blaming Cryptsy because I lost my funds there due to a hack and the person also hijacked my cell phone and made long distance calls on it. When it goes that far, it is user error; not the site's fault.

Aalesund

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:26:40 AM

Fastpow, the problem is somewhere with you, not with Cryptsy.
The exchange "Cryptsy" can not protect your email from hackers.
Maybe somewhere you are infected and so they have stolen your acc info for Cryptsy, email, and mybe more infos.
I use Cryptsy and I have no problems.
Some users complain that there is a delay of transactions or other, but I never was Smiley
For me Cryptsy is the best exchange and I'm waiting to put option "USD Markets" :p
Cryptsy will be All in One.

Let's color the MOON: YN4VBGgcmm7nAGqhc2zeUN7eJXCxfWyWGa
Mark™

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:31:12 AM

Ah look another crypsty hater thread :facepalm:
elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:45:01 AM

hope you find out what happened.

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:45:51 AM

Ah look another crypsty hater thread :facepalm:

why dont we have a smiley for face palm yet like on skype.

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:19:57 PM

An inside job Jr. ? Wow!  Roll Eyes

You got hacked and it was not Cryptsy dude. I bet you downloaded a bad wallet with nasty's in it.

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:47:55 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 10:46:11 PM by Slingshot

Recently I switched to "Authy" (which is sms messaged to my phone, either a dumb one, or a smart one, both will work with this).

Bit John or Big Vern made a thread on cryptsy's forum concerning this topic to warn users to not trust their 2 factor security to their e-mails since there have been isolated hacks with those.

So yea, everyone take immediate action and switch to Authy with sms if not done so already. DON'T trust your e-mail clients for 2FA.

And NOTE: After I did so I must always click "re-send" the sms due to a bug or what not since it's confused possibly from being originally set up to e-mail that 2FA. It never sends to e-mail anymore but doesn't auto-send to sms message until I click "re-send" after the log-in password is accepted. So if that occurs just click "re-send".

Don't delay on this. It's needed for everyone, obviously. It's far more secure since no hacker can intersect your cel phone's sms messages.

There are some real bad actors around. They follow the money. Their parasitical maggots, just like the Banksters and others, and that's just want criminals do; they follow the money, and what not, where ever it is, and steal it.

I myself have a lot on Cryptsy at times, because I have learned to trust them, completely. And yes, I should move some off of there right now, really for the last week I should have. The best rule is to never leave anything online, but what your actively trading with of course. And I suppose I will after this message, but I am not worried due to solid two factor security with my sms messaging to my phone instead of my secondary e-mail, and the fact that Cryptsy goes to great lengths to protect those funds, much of which is in cold storage. That is yet another reason for delays at times, they have to move it from cold storage during times of higher demands.

Then again why take a chance unless one's dedicated Qt wallet PC isn't safer. So yea, btw, one should isolate a PC for nothing else but ones Qt Wallet Clients. And do nothing else with that PC at all. period. Even a older dual core PC will do the job, just be certain to always make multiple backup's to at least a few flash drives or what not, so there is no chance you could lose your wallets. And secure those flash drives from fires and floods, etc.

But as always it's best to start with a clean install/restore for such a dedicated Wallet(s) PC. And of course if not a restore, but instead a new, clean install, then at least a re-format that hard drive, but better still wipe the drive, then reformat with your favorite operating systems software while installing it. And of course backup all your data first, to another source. If using a venders restore application on that PC it will automatically re-format the drive during a system restore, so don't wipe that hard drive, or you will lose all your ability to restore your operating system on those types of systems, that have the restore image on those hard drives.

It's sad that people don't realize how many bad actors there really are. Protect your assets, seriously, take strong security measures, or you too may have troubles.

Cryptsy is certainly not the one's that did this. No way. Not a chance. They have far too much to lose to do silly, stupid stunts like this. The OP is way over the top and completely out of line to insinuate such a thing. That is extremely malicious and mean spirited at the very least.

I highly question the authenticity and genuineness of the OP here in this tread. But maybe so. Then again, to automatically write such a thread and state such a thing is a blatantly malicious act in and of itself. Almost everyone already knows we can all trust Cryptsy. So no real damage done, except for maybe the noobs that don't have a clue, and then driving them to the scammer sites, such as mcxNOW.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
Slingshot

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:50:19 PM

Summary - Fastpow    Picture/Text
Name:    Fastpow
Activity:    42
Position:    Jr. Member
Date Registered:    January 16, 2014, 01:17:07 PM
Last Active:    Today at 11:32:48 AM
Slingshot

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:58:19 PM

"...Well guess it's void to ask for any support/help or whatever but if you feel like i've helped you out in the past days. I would really appreciate it...

So my advice would be STAY AWAY from cryptsy, these kind of exchanges have fucked over so many people in the last few weeks/months it's unbelievable."

So on top of going WAY OVER THE TOP you really expect others to donate to you for your own lack of due diligence???

Really???

Capitalism doesn't reward FAILURE. YOU FAILED. Not Cryptsy. end of story.

My advice would be to grow up, and accept responsibility for your foolishness, if your really being straight.

And START OFF BY CHANGING THE TITLE TO THIS THREAD. Your the ONLY one that can re-title this thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

To blame Crypsy, then realize it's your own fault, and not change the title to this thread merely proves what a low life you too are, even if you did get ripped off.

Automatically blaming the one you placed your complete faith and trust in, and knowing full well we all trust them, and have no problems with them, is just stupid.

Then to ask for donations. Get the fuck out of here.
Cryptojesus

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:17:01 PM

Idk about cryptsy doing it but I hope you find out what happened mate.
smscotten

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 08:58:48 PM

The talk of email being insecure makes me cringe a bit. Anyone who is smart enough to use a cryptocurrency is smart enough to use encrypted email. It is a dead simple option for Cryptsy to add, and I'm sure that lack of demand is why they haven't done so yet.

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/27244

If Cryptsy doesn't implement it, it will be because people didn't demand it, and we will have no one but ourselves to blame.

I don't know that and don't claim that encrypted email would have prevented this theft. I'm not sure that TFA with txt (yeah, super secure txtmsgs, riiiiiight) is a silver bullet either. If there's a keylogger on your system there may be nothing you could have done short of better spyware vigilance. But the very least next step would be to let us upload our public keys and use those keys to encrypt any communications you send to us (if we have uploaded the key of course. Optional.)

ilccoin

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:05:57 PM

you say it might be a premature assumption yet the title is "DONT TRUST CRYPTSY". i cannot understand what you are going through because luckily i was never in such a situation, but before you write something you should take a deep breath and masturbate to calm you down a bit  Grin.

whish you all the best!

CemQJWb3qA3DKsUV8nyfkgRe57zEKgmUm7
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: