Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:03:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Interested in Learning  (Read 330 times)
omali (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 02:45:26 AM

I registered on bct last year but just activated my account and I think introducing myself is the best way to get started...

My name is Adaeze Omali, I am 20 years old, I have known about Bitcoin for 2 years now and I do have a very small investment in Bitcoin and Ethereum.

I am interested in learning more on blockchain and cryptocurrency. I am open to new ideas and learning from the bitcointalk community. I will start with going through threads in this forum Grin

Please feel free to suggest more educative threads... Thanks all

Best Regards,
Omali.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vineeta2october

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:21:52 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2018, 02:34:40 PM by Vineeta2october

I registered on bct last year but just activated my account and I think introducing myself is the best way to get started...

My name is Adaeze Omali, I am 20 years old, I have known about Bitcoin for 2 years now and I do have a very small investment in Bitcoin and Ethereum.

I am interested in learning more on blockchain and cryptocurrency. I am open to new ideas and learning from the bitcointalk community. I will start with going through threads in this forum Grin

Best Regards,
Omali.

Good that you are taking your time in understanding the blockchain. I just jumped in the market in December 2017 because of hype and as a result lost a substantial amount but that is also a lesson. Don't make same mistakes as I did. Good Luck to you.
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:05:12 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

Best Regards,
Omali.
You can Participate in PRiVCY airdrop. Best airdrop of the year. Join their discord and read the rules at the earliest so that you don't miss it. Register yourself for 3rd round, 18 round left for this airdrop, so hurry up.

Hey Vineeta2october try to be helpful when someone asks a question in the forum instead giving details about some Airdrop which is irrelevant to OP. If you don't have anything to say, so be it and don't spam.

Warmly welcome omali to the Bitcointalk community where I believed the the best place to learn about block chain and crypto currency. So you can gain more knowledge by bookmarking following threads.(Try to use search function as your day to day friend)

Your Total bigginers guide for crypto currency and Bitcointalk
Guide for forum search

baobao2000

Activity: 462
Merit: 23

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:54:29 PM

Welcome to bitcointalk community! if you want to learn about bitcoin, this forum might be one of the best places. There a lot of good quality thread about bicoin and also other cryptocurrency.
Just read this forum as much as you can, always use the search function as most of the informaton are already answered by senior members.
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:15:46 PM

Hi Omali, it seems that you understand crypto already.

What I'll tip to you is be careful with investments. Don't be so easily believed with different investments that are popping out that requires eth and bitcoin on it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3607

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 02:51:39 PM

Bitcoin is not a company, you do not need to create an account to get it. you talked about activating account "I think you mean Blockchain.info", you need a wallet and a private key and not an account.
Use Google/Youtube and watch some videos from -----> Andreas M. Antonopoulos & Ivan on Tech.
Reading sticky topics is your additional tool for gaining knowledge ------> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0
Then participated in some discussions here and in technical sections

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:21:09 PM

I honestly would edit out my name in your post if I were you. It's not necessary to expose your real name here on bitcointalk.

Anyway, personally I'd first go with Coindesk's A Beginner's Guide to Blockchain Technology[1]. That should keep you busy for a few days. Best of luck.

[1] https://www.coindesk.com/information/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Deepa18dec

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:39:11 PM

Best Regards,
Omali.

You have known about bitcoin for two years and still you have a very small investment. Looks like you already know about the crypto currencies and you're a patient person. I'm also visiting the different threads to learn more before jumping into the market. BTW I have heard that patience is the key if you want to survive and make profits in the crypto market and you've already got it. Good Luck.
kofibee12

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:43:15 PM

Is good you acknowledge your deficiency. This forum offers you the potential to learn and become a well informed in cryptocurrency. Learn and ask question and research on topics of your interest.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 02:17:43 AM

Even though you are involved with crypto industries for a year, I would recommend you to start trading valuable topics from beginners & help section itself. Things have changed drastically within a year, especially after the price rally so make sure that you are updated with the information. First of all, go through the sticky threads to get familiar with the basics of it.
yodomaster

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:08:22 AM

Welcome to the forum, but the first thing I would like to remind you is do not easily disclose your personal identity and information here, you never know any people would use it for any purpose.

Second, regarding your questions, wondering if what kind of method you are using to learn about blockchain and cryptocurrencies? In my opinion, I am very much encouraging people to understand what is the field working on, rather than simply focusing on the trading only. Currently, blockchain is already developed in a rapid speed, where it is enhancing our world economy and improving different needs and technology all around us.

Here is the way how i study about this field and where have solved many of my enquiry.
1) news --> the most useful way because you can never know what kind of information you have to know, there is not any syllabus to study on. From news, you may encounter some terms you do not understand, jot it down and to explore more online, there are definitely sufficient of sharing like Medium / github where you can get the answers from. You should be active to learn and ask
2) forums: reddits, twitter, bitcointalk are also the very main platform I get information from
3) online free course: a number of free online course / topics / tutorial are simply and good for learning also in Youtube Channels.

There are a lot more to learn from, keep going!
CottonGuy

Activity: 185
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 03:17:05 AM

Welcome to the forum! You can use the search button located at the upper right part of your screen.
You might wanna try to check this thread out. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7269.0

Here's a link about blockchain. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/18/blockchain-what-is-it-and-how-does-it-work.html
SuiMikira

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:37:49 AM

First, read this to have an overview look of our forum, rules, FAQ and guidelines:     
Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ

Then, as you claim that You are interested in learning more on blockchain and cryptocurrency. Here are some boards that i recommend for you:
 1. Bitcoin Discussion Here you can ask any questions, discuss about Bitcoin.
 2. Bitcoin Technical Support Here you can find the solutions of any problems that you have. Or just create a new topic and raise your questions if your questions with the answers are not available here.

I also see that you invest in Ethereum. Until now we don't have a specific board for Ethereum, because our forum is mainly about Bitcoin, as its initial purpose.
So if youwant to learn and talk about Ethereum, you can go here Altcoin Discussion, This is the Altcoin section so you can talk about any other altcoins beside of Ethereum.

Hope that you will have more knowledge about blockchain and cryptocurrency here.
poonampawan

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:28:49 AM

Even though you are involved with crypto industries for a year, I would recommend you to start trading valuable topics from beginners & help section itself. Things have changed drastically within a year, especially after the price rally so make sure that you are updated with the information. First of all, go through the sticky threads to get familiar with the basics of it.

Things have really changed. Mostly people got into crypto to make some easy quick money in 2017 but most of them did exit after the January bearish market which is still continuing. People even bought bitcoin at 19000$ in hopes that it'll go even higher. This was all due to lack of knowledge and jumping into the market because of FOMO. many became millionaires and many lost it. Its better to invest the time first than to invest your money right away.
Promipunit

Activity: 128

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:45:31 AM

I am in crypto for 9-10 months. I have been investing a little here and there but haven't made any profit here. Mostly I have been looking through different threads in beginners and help to learn and know more about this industry because it doesn't matter how much do you know, it surprises you when you least expect it. Best example is the downtrend
of prices after the Dec-Jan hype.
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:27:29 AM

Best Regards,
Omali.
You're still want to learn more about crypto and blockchain then visit this one and I hope that this will help you learn more, I'm sure you have learn lots of info on crypto and blockchain since you already know bitcoin for 2 years. Try this one http://newblockcrypto.com/cryptocurrency-glossary/ abd also use google.com. if you are having trouble just search you're desired.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
omali (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 10:27:15 PM

Best Regards,
Omali.

Good that you are taking your time in understanding the blockchain. I just jumped in the market in December 2017 because of hype and as a result lost a substantial amount but that is also a lesson. Don't make same mistakes as I did. Good Luck to you.

Thanks... I have made some mistakes too... But I guess its part of the learning process. Thanks again
omali (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 10:33:59 PM

Best Regards,
Omali.
You can Participate in PRiVCY airdrop. Best airdrop of the year. Join their discord and read the rules at the earliest so that you don't miss it. Register yourself for 3rd round, 18 round left for this airdrop, so hurry up.

vphasitha01 Thanks for the suggestions

Hey Vineeta2october try to be helpful when someone asks a question in the forum instead giving details about some Airdrop which is irrelevant to OP. If you don't have anything to say, so be it and don't spam.

Warmly welcome omali to the Bitcointalk community where I believed the the best place to learn about block chain and crypto currency. So you can gain more knowledge by bookmarking following threads.(Try to use search function as your day to day friend)

Your Total bigginers guide for crypto currency and Bitcointalk
Guide for forum search

omali (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 10:57:42 PM

Bitcoin is not a company, you do not need to create an account to get it. you talked about activating account "I think you mean Blockchain.info", you need a wallet and a private key and not an account.
Use Google/Youtube and watch some videos from -----> Andreas M. Antonopoulos & Ivan on Tech.
Reading sticky topics is your additional tool for gaining knowledge ------> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0
Then participated in some discussions here and in technical sections

Sorry, I meant Bitcointalk account when I said BCT. And thanks for your suggestions
omali (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 12:48:11 AM

I honestly would edit out my name in your post if I were you. It's not necessary to expose your real name here on bitcointalk.

Anyway, personally I'd first go with Coindesk's A Beginner's Guide to Blockchain Technology[1]. That should keep you busy for a few days. Best of luck.

[1] https://www.coindesk.com/information/

Thanks ... Coindesk is helpful... still going through the site
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: