Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:50:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Metamask Hacking  (Read 220 times)
eagle10 (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 05:38:12 AM

Even your metamask wallet is not safe for high level activities of hackers. Just recently I learned this metamask hacking attempt and if you are not careful to analyze why you should give your seed phrase, then goodbye to your fund.

Read: https://medium.com/metamask/new-phishing-strategy-becoming-common-1b1123837168
Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:58:59 PM

I tend to think that in every Security System the most weak part is human, so this is easier than anyway other, to fish a password From a person than to do it from the program.

BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:02:18 PM

Nothing is safe from hackers, but metamask is possibly one of the wallets that is most difficult to compromise as today. I still trust it quite a lot.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:08:41 PM

I tend to think that in every Security System the most weak part is human, so this is easier than anyway other, to fish a password From a person than to do it from the program.

Exactly. Even the most secure defense system will fail if a gun is pointed to the person who developed it. Human emotions and fragility has been exploited ever since the early beginnings. Until we develop better crypto and blockchain solutions we will always be at risk.

This is one of the reasons why I am bullish on bitcoin. It has a future for security, and almost every other industry out there.
Leftneck

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:10:20 PM

Even your metamask wallet is not safe for high level activities of hackers. Just recently I learned this metamask hacking attempt and if you are not careful to analyze why you should give your seed phrase, then goodbye to your fund.

Read: https://medium.com/metamask/new-phishing-strategy-becoming-common-1b1123837168
if it is true then now should be more careful. indeed every system has its own weaknesses.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
cryptoroi

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:06:43 AM

Mainly Security matter is all about you because if you are aware then there is less chances of loss also hack in crypto market is impossible but based on few wallet it can be because the users may not concern about their security also this create problems.
terrific

Activity: 2156
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:17:57 AM

I can't understand what you want to say. The most weak part is the user so that's what you want to say? that's correct, it depends to the user on how careful he is.
There is no perfect system and even the most secured one has it's flaws and openings for intruders but as long as it isn't exposed to the intruders, they are safe.
And if the user isn't so careful and he's so easy to catch through phishing websites, his keys, funds will be gone so fast.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

BlakeMye

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:27:10 PM

Hackers will find holes and will try to hack into the systems or the wallets, doesn’t matter how tight the security is. But metamask so far has the strongest and the most reliable security and no such news of hackings have surfaced in the news so far. So it is quite reliable
Greed Dev

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:29:25 PM

Nothing is safe from hackers, but metamask is possibly one of the wallets that is most difficult to compromise as today. I still trust it quite a lot.
Agree with your comments. For me, Metamask is extremely safe. Mostly I use Metamask and never have to fear that the hacker will attack and steal the token in my wallet.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
slightmoon

Activity: 224

diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 06:39:32 PM

One of the most secured wallet,the metamask is..Not possible to hack.gives no compromise to hackers.Trusty for everyone.Others wallets are not trustee a lot because hackers can attack easily

butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:54:53 PM

Yes, definitely. Sadly but true, the power of discernment of many individuals is no so great. So if a window pops up in front of my computer screen asking me to re-enter my metamask seed, there has to be a good reason for that, right? And then, the money is gone.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:05:44 PM

Metamask wallet is safe as a standalone chrome extension however the possibility of it being hacked rests on the actions of the user. My opinion, new crypto users should not only be interested in the next pumped coin that they can invest their money into, having the basic understanding of safe practices on handling cryptocurrencies is also paramount.
Driggers95

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:09:00 PM

I do not think hackers can attack Metamask. This has never happened before. It is possible that many hackers have stolen the their private key and they think the Metamask attacked by hackers

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:14:23 PM

I can't understand what you want to say. The most weak part is the user so that's what you want to say? that's correct, it depends to the user on how careful he is.
There is no perfect system and even the most secured one has it's flaws and openings for intruders but as long as it isn't exposed to the intruders, they are safe.
And if the user isn't so careful and he's so easy to catch through phishing websites, his keys, funds will be gone so fast.

Nothing on this world would really have that perfect system no matter how tough is the security and feature there would be always a flaw even just one but it do exist. Human error is the most common thing why these hacking exist. Hackers do take advantage on weakness of a certain person, getting important credentials wont really be hard if a certain user is careless. Metamask hacking its possible even though in the past they say this is a secure one.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:17:50 PM

Everything except hardware wallets is not safe, you can increase the security of your wallet, computer etc. but still it is not safe as a hardware wallet, I also need to use them metamask etc. but don't keep large amount of coins.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:51:49 PM

Thank you for sharing. There is nothing the hackers won’t think of, we got to be really careful when handling sensitive information.

Everything except hardware wallets is not safe, you can increase the security of your wallet, computer etc. but still it is not safe as a hardware wallet, I also need to use them metamask etc. but don't keep large amount of coins.

It is good to use hardware wallet as an additional security. I can’t imagine one day the hackers find ways to hack hardware wallets as well.
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:07:02 PM

It's true that very many hackers are becoming more and more expert in their field and finding ways to hack everyone's wallets. His usual metamask is very safe. Still can be hacked, This is a warning that everyone is always careful about hackers. Because the hacker does not know who the victim is.
shampapk1988

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:09:15 PM

Everything in the internet is at a risk. Nothing can be assured to be secured enough. Anything can be hacked at anytime. We just can be aware and careful as much as possible.
izay

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:47:48 PM

Hackers are really experts. I won't be surprise in this case, everything in computer industry is at risk on hackers. Lets expect this, so better to be careful. I thought metamask wallet is really safe, but see, hackers makes way to get in. 
Vaedmild

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 10:50:19 PM

well, i must iadmit i have never heard abput something like this before, so i want to say thank you, i will definitely read it
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: