Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:12:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We need better PR, Andreas for all interviews please  (Read 800 times)
techstorm2 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:09:19 PM

Im sure Amir is a fantastic coder and he's passionate about it but cant we ask him to stay off the TV, this sort of stuttering perfomance where he looks like he's just walked off the street does nothing for bitcoin.

We need Andreas Antonopolous or a.n. other as articulate as Andreas.

Grin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26038200

Dime 7Q3cZtyJemmE8pJsrYgX24mHnkqZX6M6hP
BTC 18vbvovBeM5ZTZqR5ZWAy75EXE7qTNipuo
Mooncoin 2QgyivUMa7Zun6oPdxeE1yry1aNp5hqrDb
LTC Lg3UYGCAe3Tb146PiMqeGNLR7bnjdM447d
Doge DPd1XejW8TabJu5gfjyKnuQYQ9Vzw1anXN
Bill Bisco

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:11:49 PM

Amir is british and the bbc is british so what do you expect?

BTC: 1PVqE4eM8uBJ7Xb9rCsCLajp5YSi6p8oQ6
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"
benjyz

Activity: 140
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:21:28 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 12:49:53 PM by benjyz

here is a longer version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU2a4AfleTE
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:30:02 PM

No they interview him on purpose. Incoherent, unpresentable & controversial. Exactly what they know their audience won't relate too. They can count on him to make Bitcoin look bad without even trying.

Comedy gold in the link though...

Q. How can Bitcoin make the world a better place?
A. Because a 9 year old kid in Iran can download it and then start a gambling website.

Thanks Amir...

(I guess he would be OK talking at colleges/young adults that he could relate to more.)
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:02:21 PM

Haha, this is actually really amusing, I have to say fair play to Amir he was very passionate.

What you have here is the BBC (Biased Broadcasting Corporation) picking some guy in a hoodie who talks a bit "street", trying to discredit Bitcoin. Even the host of "Click", ended his explanation of the currency on a sour note (criminal activity). It's amusing because I have to pay the license fee so that the BBC can exist. What else can you do but laugh?
techstorm2 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:10:16 PM

No they interview him on purpose. Incoherent, unpresentable & controversial. Exactly what they know their audience won't relate too. They can count on him to make Bitcoin look bad without even trying.

Comedy gold in the link though...

Q. How can Bitcoin make the world a better place?
A. Because a 9 year old kid in Iran can download it and then start a gambling website.

Thanks Amir...

(I guess he would be OK talking at colleges/young adults that he could relate to more.)

I was cringing when he said that!

Shocked

techstorm2 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:12:12 PM

Haha, this is actually really amusing, I have to say fair play to Amir he was very passionate.

What you have here is the BBC (Biased Broadcasting Corporation) picking some guy in a hoodie who talks a bit "street", trying to discredit Bitcoin. Even the host of "Click", ended his explanation of the currency on a sour note (criminal activity). It's amusing because I have to pay the license fee so that the BBC can exist. What else can you do but laugh?

Same here, licence fee is a total ripoff! I spend most of my time watching youtube, netflix, sky TV, rarely watching BBC, costs me £140 per year, gee thanks!   Shocked

BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:44:40 PM

Im sure Amir is a fantastic coder and he's passionate about it but cant we ask him to stay off the TV, this sort of stuttering perfomance where he looks like he's just walked off the street does nothing for bitcoin.

Grin

+ 1,000,000

Andreas for all interviews.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:46:48 PM

Same here, licence fee is a total ripoff! I spend most of my time watching youtube, netflix, sky TV, rarely watching BBC, costs me £140 per year, gee thanks!   Shocked

so don't pay it.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:42:44 PM

Grin

amir is not a person i would choose, you are right. andreas is a better speaker.

BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:11:12 AM

To be honest, i haven't seen anyone who comes even remotely close to Andreas in representing the Bitcoin community, or explaining the technology.

I wish there were more people.

Even listening to Charlie at the NY hearings last week, it was like he was struggling to explain the basics of Bitcoin to the panel.  Stuttering and everything.

And that's the creator of Litecoin!

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 05:24:49 AM

If only people didn't base their opinions on superficial things like what a person looks like, what clothes they wear, how they talk, etc. It's really what the person says and does that should matter...

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
daserpent1

Activity: 435

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:09:31 AM

Yea that was not good for the bitcoin community. We need to have better public speakers represent us.

Or maybe they paid amir a lot of bitcoins to give such a performance. Media is popular for manipulating stuff all the time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: