Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:06:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are going down again? Bithumb HACKED (30MIL USD)  (Read 458 times)
pat25 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:23:20 AM

Hello, I just woke up and I see another bad news.
Bithumb was hacked and hackers stole coins worth about 30 million USD (100 million USD?). But Bithumb promised that they will cover this loss.

Do you think it will affect the price of Bitcoin (altcoins)?
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:26:22 AM

really what do you say? from where did you get that information? can you provide links from sources of information you get? if it is true I am sure it will adversely affect the bitcoin price and other altcoin prices. we will experience price decline again and again .. Sad
dinoloverpete

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:30:53 AM

Don't spread FUD. $30m is really nothing. It's an unfortunate situation and should spread some fear but it should not be blown out of proportion. The whole market is worth many billions, $30m isn't going to make any difference whatsoever.

deep4u

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:31:00 AM

really what do you say? from where did you get that information? can you provide links from sources of information you get? if it is true I am sure it will adversely affect the bitcoin price and other altcoin prices. we will experience price decline again and again .. Sad
here is source of the news scroll down in replies to find out https://twitter.com/BithumbOfficial/status/1009277296211972101?s=19 they deleted the original message from there account.
pat25 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:35:02 AM

Or you can read news here: https://www.ccn.com/breaking-south-korean-crypto-exchange-bithumb-hacked-thieves-steal-30-million/
You are right, 30 million is nothing, but it increases the untrustworthiness of the whole cryptomarket..
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:43:44 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2018, 08:07:06 AM by masterrex

Bithumb was hacked and hackers stole coins worth about 30 million USD (100 million USD?). But Bithumb promised that they will cover this loss.

This hacking Incidents in Exchanges are unusual but it serves a warning that they must put the platform security more effective to combat this treat its a disturbing news but it was associated with the saying " NO SYSTEM is SAFE so its means every high profile platforms likes Exchanges must put its cyber security more effective. But for the question that it has affect the price of Bitcoin I don't think so as we all know this Hacking incident is not new so it wont affect.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:45:33 AM

Link: South Korean cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb says it was hacked and $30 million in coins was stolen
That's too much, last time coinrail and now bithumb.
It affected a little bitcoin from $6,700 -$6,600 and the rest of altcoins verse are also in negative for today.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 07:50:09 AM

It wont affect price of bitcoin but might just affect the prices of those coins which were stolen as hackers will eventually dump those coins and thus the prices will decrease dramatically.

I dont think it will affect bitcoin at all because few hundred millions is nothing as compared to the market cap of total coins and bitcoin itself. It is really a scratch over the global economic cap. So pretty sure about that and also if Bithumb is going to cover the losses then everything seems to me normal here.
andytruongct

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:57:44 AM

When that "FUD NEWS" is everywhere in the media, in the forum, in the group, I said that's just a FUD NEWS to make the fear is bigger. The price is not down much. Up to this point, the notice is taken down. I believe the market will come back soon. HODL Cheesy
valheru

Activity: 487
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:58:53 AM

I'm really sorry to hear that, These hacking things make me feel sad. When the uninformed people see these hacking events, they are scared to invest in cryptocurrencies.

R.R.L.
ravijadon12jan

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:59:57 AM

These hacks have become very common now a days. I don't understand why these big exchanges are not implementing the security it needed to prevent such attacks. Bithumb is sixth largest exchange as per daily volume of trading and reading the news of such a big exchange getting hacked spreads uncertainty in the mind of investors. I understand that they are going to pay entire hacked amount to the wallets but still these things shouldn't be happening at all.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:01:29 AM

30 millions is not a big loss for an exchange but i hope that someone will implement some good definitive solutions in order to prevent this things!
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:09:33 AM

A lot of hacked has happened with crypto, which makes investors not believe in this market and I think the market will continue to fall much in the coming weeks  Cry
cryptofunn

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 08:14:17 AM

again pumping negative news, we expect that bitcoin will try to support 6000 and fly to 5000

Jolly_Trader

Activity: 276
Merit: 12

OOOBTC.com

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:15:07 AM

30 millions is not a big loss for an exchange but i hope that someone will implement some good definitive solutions in order to prevent this things!

It's impossible to solve this problem once and for all. Whatever protection is developed, it can still be hacked. It's a race without a finish. Therefore, take care of safety yourself, knowing that any door with a lock can be opened

OOOBTC.com ●  ●  Trade Crypto On This Awesome Platform
▬▬ ●  Lightning Enabled  | Fast & Secure  |  11 Mil Bounty ●  ▬▬
Bounty Thread Whitepaper FB Page Twitter Telegram
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:19:55 AM

Today, virtual currencies have actually reached the bottom, so they do not face further decline in value, despite hacker attacks and other negative news. Now bitcoin is at a natural minimum of its value. It has only one way - up. I believe that first bitcoin should be fixed above the level of 8500 USD, then go through a serious level of resistance at around 10 thousand dollars. And after overcoming the level of 11300 USD, the cost of bitcoin will start to grow rapidly.
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 08:23:49 AM

We are in critical stage where a lot of people are scared and any bad news will bring more fear. It will most likely bring down the market as news like this is worse. I just hope that the market holds.

Malbaunti

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:29:22 AM

Perhaps not hacked exchange, hacked Twitter account where the tweet was posted. And if this is true 30 million is a trifle for the cryptocurrency market. I don't think it will have much impact on the market.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 08:31:38 AM

Exchanges are the prime target of hackers and they need to have the most effective security measures for a website.
There are no other places to steal untraceable money and internet is being crowded by thives and pirates.
Exchanges needs to share their security frameware and infrastructure to counter them.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
hijack88

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:38:32 AM

Bad newses can have bigger impact on bitcoin price that those $30 million lost...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: