Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:45:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof-of-Brain (PoBr) - new idea of proof  (Read 907 times)
ProofOfBrain#1 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:55:33 PM

Hi.All known nowadays schemes : proof-of-work (PoW), proof-of-stake (PoS) and proof-of-burn (PoB) schemes are vunelarable to 51% attack - the governments can capture more than 51% of resource needed for mining and will be able to cancell transactions. This would be easy because of trend on centralisation of mining (now effective PoW-based mining requires large farms of ASICs and it have became a serious business) but this make it vunelarable to groups of people who can use different forms of violence to get control over resourse needed for mining. PoS and PoB are also vunelarable to this kind of attack.

I have an idea (now we don't have either a specification or a PoC) how to solve this problem.
As we know there are kinds of problems which can be solved by human more efficiently and more faster than by a computer but a computer can check wheither the solution is correct at polynomial time. For example protein folding or some sites which name I don't remember.

If we have:

0) a puzzle which can be solved by human more efficiently than by a computer, for example computing a ternary structure of a protein
1) a function which generates a puzzle of ajustable difficulty from a number, for example we can transform a number into a sequence of amino acids, then we compute secondary structure of protein using known algorithm
2) a function which can efficiently check wheither given solution for given puzle is correct (in proteins folding we don't know if the current variant of folding is optimal, but I think it is possible to evaluate probability that the current configuration is not far to optimal configuration than some value epsilon, additional research is needed)

we will be able to build a new proof : proof-of-brain (PoBr) which successfully solves problems of centralisation of mining: it is impossible to make an ASIC (at least a classical digital ASIC), mining resources (people) don't belong to corporation so they would change the corporation they work for if they understood that the corporation wants to break the cryptocurrency they are working for.

Some discussions on another places
http://fold.it/portal/node/996844
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:03:17 PM

"PoBr"   Roll Eyes
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:36:17 PM

We already have a game coin and its awesome, its HUNTERCOIN!

Proof of Brain is in the strategy you use. Much more advanced than a simple puzzle.

rentarocker

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:36:59 PM

Brilliant idea.  Please let me know when the first implementation occurs.  I'm in.

BTC:  17Z1au1T1f8B4XhFQXeuibKbRmWow6FyvP
LTC:  Lf7QWUDC57WnRf5gEcutdHwrXvYRoqaQYU
xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:49:50 PM

this is not a new idea, its been brought up a couple of times in the last year, there are threads buried in this section with he same idea

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
eddilicious

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:50:19 AM

someone has a proof of brain, and will be mining 7/24. something tells me those two does not bode very well with each other.  Cheesy
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:03:27 AM

not so new idea, but would be nice if you can implement it. Alt coins are still lagging behind Bitcoin
Del137

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:30:54 AM

some kind of human only Captcha?  Roll Eyes  Well, its interesting, keep thinking.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
hammo

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:05:26 AM

What about proof-of-wallet or (PoWalli)

This coin needs deep wallets to be successful. ;-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: