Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:23:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could your Grandma use Crypto?  (Read 169 times)
Howard Roark (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:46:20 AM

There is often talk in this community and others on when and how can we get crypto to go mainstream.

In the last couple of years, my Mother who is 72 has got more and more confident online, from baby steps using a mobile phone and sending emails to using Skype, Facebook and Whatsapp. When it comes to Bitcoin and Crypto she is completely confused.

I did show her this video though and she admitted even she could use the app demonstrated;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=23s

For me, Zeex could be a Crypto project that I could share real user cases with family and friends. This would be by word of mouth adoption of course. For instance, I could be in a bar with my friends, purchase a gift card using the Zeex App and pay for a round of drinks at the bar using ZIX, seeing a real use case of easily buying something with crypto might get my non-crypto friends interested in trying it out.

My son buys games online with his pocket money, we have to use my Paypal account to purchase them but using Zeex I could add the app to his phone and give him ZIX in pocket money every week to buy his games. This would teach him about cryptocurrencies and give him the responsibility of hodling or not his own coins.

My wife would appreciate it on her phone as she does a lot of online shopping, again if she showed her friends, maybe one or two would get interested in the Crypto World.

I could even load my 72-year-old Mother's phone up with Zix on her app and she could do her weekly shopping at Tesco's with it.

OK, my small contribution using Zeex might not change the world but if there were thousands spreading the word it could go viral.

Zeex will be starting there ICO soon, You can check out their website here https://www.zeex.me/

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:00:03 AM

Catchy topic towards smart promo, but they are not really in sync. There are more ways to promote crypto than zeex. As for grandmas, they contributed to our smartness in more ways than one! Coming to zeex, its already gaining popularity as a solution to crypto transactions, so thanks for sharing.
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:00:25 AM

Catchy topic towards smart promo, but they are not really in sync. There are more ways to promote crypto than zeex. As for grandmas, they contributed to our smartness in more ways than one! Coming to zeex, its already gaining popularity as a solution to crypto transactions, so thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your thoughts

If you are interested they have another video just released using the app to buy something from Amazon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE8CNBhS8Hg
xiaoY

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:05:31 AM

The current operation of cryptocurrency is too complicated. If you want to teach your parents to use it is a very difficult process, I think most of the people using cryptocurrencies should be between 20-40!

butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:09:35 AM

IMO, that's another way to use crypto without really using crypto. Maybe it's good for the older generations and for people with limited technical skills, I don't know. Maybe it's good for a wider adoption, and it very well may be.
But for me, using crypto implies being able to install a wallet on your computer and take care of your keys on your own. That means, not relying on third parties to do that for you. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose.
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:32:53 AM

IMO, that's another way to use crypto without really using crypto. Maybe it's good for the older generations and for people with limited technical skills, I don't know. Maybe it's good for a wider adoption, and it very well may be.
But for me, using crypto implies being able to install a wallet on your computer and take care of your keys on your own. That means, not relying on third parties to do that for you. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose.

I think mainstream adoption will come when new users don't need to worry about wallets and keys and it is all done for them through a third party. Obviously, us early adopters who don't have issues with this tech will still hold our wallets and keys but I don't think it will be the norm.

With the Zeex app, you get the anonymity to use Crypto to buy products or services without any outside interference, without paying fees or converting to fiat.

I love this latest video of the app being used to buy something from Amazon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE8CNBhS8Hg

radenyoko

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:42:21 AM

how interesting you plan to show the world of crypto into your family. but I consider the use of crypto for parents with age limits, in which case your 72-year-old mother will have difficulty faced with the development of crypto in the next few years, where there may be changes about how to use, how to transact and other possibilities difficult to follow by parents in general. Interesting here is to give lessons to our children, which of course they will be responsible for managing their own finances, maybe I will slowly start now to introduce my child to the world of crypto, so the younger generation in the future can develop the world of crypto and facilitate in any future transactions.
danbitcoin1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:46:40 AM

Nope, it's still far too complicated. Get 1 letter wrong when you're sending coins and it's goodbye too, most people don't want to deal with that.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
karashika0577
Copper Member

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:15:20 PM

Very thoughtful thinking
There is no age limit for using crypto. It just looks at the learner's imagination. However, it is possible that due to the use and changing environment, after some time faced minor problems. Grandma still does a lot of shopping online. If the crypto is slightly different then Grandma will soon learn it too. The demand for the time is also that we will soon inform our children about the crypto.

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
butka

Merit: 246

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:19:57 PM

I think mainstream adoption will come when new users don't need to worry about wallets and keys and it is all done for them through a third party. Obviously, us early adopters who don't have issues with this tech will still hold our wallets and keys but I don't think it will be the norm.

Yes, I know what you mean. But still, the point of Bitcoin, or any other cryptocurrency for that matter, is to take the responsibility into your own hands.

You see, what people are currently doing is handing over their power to the banks. The banks (and other financial institutions) would like to keep them in this mental state indefinitely.

The banks say its too complicated for them to take care of their own money, it's not safe enough, so the banks will do that for them.

So the point is to be fully responsible no matter how technically complicated or worrisome it might be.

New generations are coming along that are virtually born with computers in their hands, and I'm sure in 10 or 20 years they won't need intermediaries. But like I said, I get your point and during this transition period I look favorably at solutions like yours.
jankekek

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:23:32 PM

Yes ! She can. Everybody can use cryptocurrencies in their transactions and business if applicable. There is no rules in cryptocurrency trading and investments that there are some people which not able to use cryptos. As long as you have enough funds to invest in cryptocurrencies then you can use it and you may start trading it in order to have losses or profits.
b1marlin

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:24:45 PM

Grandma can use crypto! anyone can use it.
as long as we can teach them how to use it.
as we know not all, mostly older people know how to use computer.
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:31:15 PM

Yes, I've already seen this video and it's really very simple and we will soon start using crypto-currencies as soon as it fully integrates into the world, how long do you think it remains? I hope that not more than 5 years.
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:32:59 PM

Grandma can use crypto! anyone can use it.
as long as we can teach them how to use it.
as we know not all, mostly older people know how to use computer.

I've met guys in their sixties who have more technical knowledge than me. Richard Branson is in his sixties but is bullish on crypto.

Anyway look how simple the app is to use!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE8CNBhS8Hg
pekavcilar01

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:33:32 PM

Anyone can use the crypto world. They will struggle for 1-2 days, then get used to it.
It is necessary to learn the rationale of the crypto exchange. If you act without care, you lose money.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:40:43 PM

Yup its catchy promotion.

However its really good that its been done for the legit project like Zeex. Im not into it but I have the insights of this project and I think many usage of the project are already listed over there. The android app makes it far easier to see this coming in most convenient way. You can just exchange your crypto currencies with the coupons and use them the same as you would use your cash card or gift card. I just love the concept and the only thing that we need from this project is to grow even bigger and try to add more and more merchandise.
Ironmaiden

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:45:42 PM

Anyone can use the crypto world. They will struggle for 1-2 days, then get used to it.
It is necessary to learn the rationale of the crypto exchange. If you act without care, you lose money.
But in its operation the cryptocurrency is too complicated. If you want to teach your parents to use it is a very difficult process, but maybe it can change because of a strong interest and curiosity, I'm sure this can be done.
MoeKaloolon

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:27:45 PM

I think my grandma is very much occupied with worrying about not breaking her hip instead of her to be worried about using cryptos, cryptos is for the younger generations. It will take a long time before there is full adoption of cryptos worldwide and widespread acceptance will most likely happen in the generation after ours
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:12:09 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2018, 03:26:37 PM by bartolo

The current operation of cryptocurrency is too complicated. If you want to teach your parents to use it is a very difficult process, I think most of the people using cryptocurrencies should be between 20-40!

I think my grandma is very much occupied with worrying about not breaking her hip instead of her to be worried about using cryptos, cryptos is for the younger generations. It will take a long time before there is full adoption of cryptos worldwide and widespread acceptance will most likely happen in the generation after ours

This same argument was used with respect to mobiles and personal computers. It used to be said that older people would not be able to use a smartphone or that they would not know how to use a computer or access the internet. The reality is that older people use personal computers and smartphones like any other person. They chat, participate in forums, download applications and games, and so on. With the cryptocurrencies it will be the same, with a couple of basic notions they will be able to use them like any other person, at least for the basics like sending or receiving coins.
mattcerna16

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:14:29 PM

I doubt it, she only got a pc a few years ago lol.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: