Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:11:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to fall after massive $30 million HACK heist in south korea  (Read 166 times)
micko09 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:25:45 AM

Bitcoin market plunges deep down further as major Korean exchanges loses $31 millions.

South Korean exchange Bithumb said in a notice on its website on Wednesday that it had stopped all trading after ascertaining “some cryptocurrencies worth about 35 billion won were seized between late yesterday and early morning today.”

The exchange, thas now moved “all clients’ assets in safe cold wallets,” which operate on platforms not directly connected to the internet, adding that customers affected would be fully compensated.

Mun Chong-hyun, chief analyst at ESTsecurity, warned that cryptocurrencies represent an ideal target for hackers.

He said: “No security measures or regulations can 100 percent guarantee safety of virtual coins. It is held anonymously and in lightly-secured systems, which makes them an irresistible target."
[/quote]

Read more, https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/976816/Bitcoin-price-ripple-cryptocurrency-ethereum-BTC-to-USD-XRP-news

⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ppifvtpu

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:33:09 AM

I found that every time the price of bitcoin fell sharply and all transactions, the hacker attack is the same, so now I have put my coins out from the exchange stored in the wallet. I think it's very unsafe for coins to be put on exchanges.
code

Activity: 536
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:42:12 PM

each time such a problem is announced, which was known before, but for some reason it has only now. I see it as news of manipulation.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 04:45:37 PM

Bitcoin market plunges deep down further as major Korean exchanges loses $31 millions.

South Korean exchange Bithumb said in a notice on its website on Wednesday that it had stopped all trading after ascertaining “some cryptocurrencies worth about 35 billion won were seized between late yesterday and early morning today.”

The exchange, thas now moved “all clients’ assets in safe cold wallets,” which operate on platforms not directly connected to the internet, adding that customers affected would be fully compensated.

Mun Chong-hyun, chief analyst at ESTsecurity, warned that cryptocurrencies represent an ideal target for hackers.

He said: “No security measures or regulations can 100 percent guarantee safety of virtual coins. It is held anonymously and in lightly-secured systems, which makes them an irresistible target."

Read more, https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/976816/Bitcoin-price-ripple-cryptocurrency-ethereum-BTC-to-USD-XRP-news

use waves dex, funds are not on some vulnerable exchange servers, inside jobs, they are stored in the seed code.

waves dex is basically the savest exchange around here never been hacked you have to be careful with the asset IDs though

oni4an

Activity: 658
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:30:44 PM

This is very sad news for the entire cryptocurrency market. But the guys from South Korea are great fellows and are able to correct critical situations. I am sure that they will be able to find a way out and offer the whole world their vision of solution of purses safety.
jamesblue1

Activity: 47
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:18:16 AM

I heard about this, it's about coinrail which was one of largest cryptocurrency exchange. Hackers are everywhere and are doing their best to attack big companies. The effect is people got panicked and sold most of their wallets in fear of being hacked, the mindset passed through other countries resuting to a very large dump in bitcoin price. This is one of the most tragic thing happened as it connects with all the users of BTC.
CRYPTOGANGSTERs

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:52:42 AM

All this news seems to me to be created to divert my eyes from other problems. In fact, exchanges themselves can arrange a decline in the crypto-currency market bad news, so that after its fall, buy more crypto currency.

██    FORESTING     ██
█ next-generation social media service █
based on blockchain technology
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:56:42 AM

Exchanges have always been the headlines in the past but now exchange hacks have been happening so frequently that it's pretty much normal news now. I doubt this would actually affect the price of bitcoin; if it would, it will definitely be minimal.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:37:18 PM

each time such a problem is announced, which was known before, but for some reason it has only now. I see it as news of manipulation.

Thumbs up!
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:09:39 PM

No matter the plunge, bitcoin will always rise. Dips  are not meant to stay forever just as much as price increases are not meant to stay forever. The resistance line of 6K has been good so far. Bitcoin will surely break the 6K resistance line barring any bad news.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:18:49 PM

Exchanges have always been the headlines in the past but now exchange hacks have been happening so frequently that it's pretty much normal news now. I doubt this would actually affect the price of bitcoin; if it would, it will definitely be minimal.

This is what the normal notion suddenly exchange hacks don't seem to cause a upset anymore as we all have suddenly become smarter and realised that exchanges hack themselves to make money and now more and more people are avoiding it. Anyway this news happened a while ago and I haven't seen any major update, so I guess this has become old forgotten news.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:43:32 PM

I think we can say now that this has had very little actual effect on the Bitcoin market. It's actually pretty good that we're in an era that Bitcoin is large enough that relatively major hacks like this don't cause pass panic or otherwise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: