Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:49:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: John McAfee Will Stop ICO Promotion Services  (Read 220 times)
zeingrind777 (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:39:12 AM

Cybersecurity pioneer and eccentric digital currency advocate John McAfee, who has long been a digital token promoter have revealed today that he will not promote ICO again because of the perceived "threat" of the Securities and Exchange Commission. Mcafee revealed this through social media on his Twitter hand.
jeni99

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:56:44 AM

maybe john mcafee has other reasons than security.
which is sure if he promotes an ico and apparently ico it fails then his reputation will be disrupted. because not all ico that he promotes succeed there is slow to develop.
krazy_yvan

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:59:14 AM

Cybersecurity pioneer and eccentric digital currency advocate John McAfee, who has long been a digital token promoter have revealed today that he will not promote ICO again because of the perceived "threat" of the Securities and Exchange Commission. Mcafee revealed this through social media on his Twitter hand.

ICOs are soon dead anyways. The crypto projects that have intrinsic value are so hard to find. I guess in the long run only 4-5 chains or DAGs will stand up and stay.

McAffee was a pump and dump advocate too, and he lost all credit to me.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 12:01:34 PM

It comes as no surprise to me that they are coming after him. They hate cryptos and what it stands for.

Shame_Game

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:19:20 PM

I'm sure it's not just that. The fact is that the idea of ICO is gradually becoming obsolete. More and more fraudulent schemes, which is why he's worried about his business reputation.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:23:44 PM

I think that is just his excuse as his promotions are not workinv anymore. Do not forget that John McAfee charges 105,000$ per tweet just to promote your ICO. Of course he is just taking advantage of the influence he has on the market. But with the current bear market we have I guess his tweets have now less influence in the market. There is no way that SEC could go hard on him as Tweets are not enough to press charges on him that is why I think he just want to back off with his promotional services.
zeingrind777 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:27:18 AM

I think that is just his excuse as his promotions are not workinv anymore. Do not forget that John McAfee charges 105,000$ per tweet just to promote your ICO. Of course he is just taking advantage of the influence he has on the market. But with the current bear market we have I guess his tweets have now less influence in the market. There is no way that SEC could go hard on him as Tweets are not enough to press charges on him that is why I think he just want to back off with his promotional services.
The SEC offered much-needed assistance to the cryptocurrency industry last week with its comments, comments made by the commission also put the ICO market under further scrutiny. With this announcement plus the seemingly endless number of ICO scams popping up, the promoter's role paid to advertise cryptos seems to have become increasingly precarious.
hefjor

Activity: 199
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:33:11 AM

Even if you are famous and popular all over the world you cannot except to our respective government bitcoin is not legal and you promote it what government said it to you maybe you charge of konivans with the crypto currencies anynomity.

▼ mindsync.ai ▼
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
△ Join now △
Raggie

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:59:45 AM

Yeah i saw his twitter too. looks like he lost his hundred thousands USD of incomes source through promoting ICO because of this.
maybe his promotion can leading peoples to a certain ICO, therefore SEC want to prevent it.
gizmodo1987

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:11:09 AM

So true and I think he has a new plan. On his tweet he said that he is writing an article on an equivalent alternative to ICO's which the SEC cannot touch. A new strategy I think so people will follow that because of what he said that SEC can't touch it because people today are a little bit scared to go into crypto because the SEC regulations.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:20:09 AM

He's afraid that he might involve himself in a scammy project that could potentially incarcerate him. It is better that those big names like Mcafee won't meddle with certain projects in the future. I myself is already fed up with these new scam ICOs emerging out of nowhere just to take advantage of the hype and peoples' money.
linkHA

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:23:33 AM

This actually indicates a trend, so the us SEC is not friendly to ICO.
And there's going to be a worldwide conference in July on cryptocurrency markets, which I don't think is going to be optimistic.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
miltonpogi

Activity: 245
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:36:28 AM

Well, a person of his cadre has be very sure about the team of any project he is promoting.
 Few months ago he promoted an ICO and some of my friends because of the confidence they repose on McAfee, they invested hugely in the project even without any research, today even though token is in CMC, but the value is worthless. Not buying the ICO should have been far better. 

Technically, Mcafee is right, but it was their own fault for investing hugely without prior research. If only they've paid more attention to the whitepaper or the project itself, maybe they wouldn't lost so much. That's why I mostly don't listen to those "experts" because I think they are just using their influence to hype something which is a no no sign for me.

Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:43:21 AM

I will be waiting and watching him doing this,because if not then i am right about him that he was just a paid troll,or a looking for attention just to become famous so hes popularity becomes more expensive for the devs that paying him for their ico to be promoted by this .

I hate seeing many people here still buying hes publicity but the truth is none of hes word becomes reality and truthful,mcAfee is not to be trusted and none reliable
looterrific

Activity: 63
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:44:38 AM

Well, he is a known person when it comes to security though and as we all know, ICOs are definitely no doubt without security as it is a cryptocurrency. If he doesn't stop promoting those ICO, it would ruin his reputation at some point and that he would be noticed by other people. It's good thing that he stop hyping this ICOs.
BTCwin1

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:49:54 AM

It is a well-known person, so it is wrong to over-promote ICO.
because now ICO looks more like hype, so it should not over-participate and publicize investment ICO.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
zeingrind777 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:58:50 PM

It is a well-known person, so it is wrong to over-promote ICO.
because now ICO looks more like hype, so it should not over-participate and publicize investment ICO.
yes, now it's a lot of ICO that leads to a scam. I have 3 times invested in ICO which leads to a scam. at this time I no longer trust ICO because it gives a lot of losses from ICO project is bad
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:00:53 PM

it means he is going to stop manipulations right. he is just shilling and fudding projects as he likes (or as he gets paid.) it is good that he will not speak any more about icos and projects so much.
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:07:50 PM

SEC is there to assist the projects and the investors are not going to be scammed. He's tweeting services won't be needed anymore in the next days to come that is why he starting tweeting such when in fact no one is going to pay $100K per tweet because of the SEC doing it for the team and are verifying information of the team doing ICO. That guy lives like a king because of the previous ICO and starts to spread shits.
HuyenTKB9

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:27:50 PM

We call John McAfee as the God of Pump and Dump. Every coins promoted by him gets flash pump before it dumps again.
And, each that time, I can get some profit. Unfortunately, he is no longer promoting ico anymore
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: