Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:45:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how many of you use https://glbse.com/  (Read 2115 times)
stevendobbs (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 05:39:06 PM

If a few of us with companies start offering shares payed in BTC, then perhaps by stabalise bitcoin prices a bit?

I'm certainly considering this rather than using a bank loan. I'm going move my website hosting to a company which accepts BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 07:16:16 PM

I found this thread and the link in the OP interesting - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=44645.0
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 01:01:18 AM

I have a company on there SMM.  Running pretty smooth so far.  I mine plus invest in new companies on there.  If you plan on starting something just make sure you have a plan.  Its stressful when things go wrong and you have investors waiting on the other end. 

I think investing in the GLBSE will both help the bitcoin price and help jumpstart the bitcoin economy giving people with great ideas some funding.  Bitcointorrentz had an IPO for .20 bitcoins a few days ago, it sold out now its almost at 1 btc per share. is that a 400 or 500% gain? Crazy.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 06:16:56 AM

i use http://gbsle.com

or is it http://gblse.com ?

i can never remember how to spell it.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 07:13:48 PM

I have a company on there SMM.  Running pretty smooth so far.  I mine plus invest in new companies on there.  If you plan on starting something just make sure you have a plan.  Its stressful when things go wrong and you have investors waiting on the other end. 

Um.

GBLSE has a blind pool which invests in scams. What's wrong with this picture?
Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 08:47:16 PM

I have a company on there SMM.  Running pretty smooth so far.  I mine plus invest in new companies on there.  If you plan on starting something just make sure you have a plan.  Its stressful when things go wrong and you have investors waiting on the other end.  

Um.

GBLSE has a blind pool which invests in scams. What's wrong with this picture?

Its pretty ignorant and trollish of you to say that every company on there is a scam.  I've been paying out daily to my investors.  You are pretty negative towards everything bitcoin in general so I wont bother arguing with you.

P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:24:26 PM

I just had a look at it. I cant take it very seriously tbh, nor the companies listed on them. No offense, but it reminds me a bunch of 12 year olds playing "business man". They all seem to "invest" in each other and, well,  thats usually their business plan.

The exchange itself is also rough - to put it mild. To name one thing, I cant seem to find how many shares a company has listed. How am I supposed to invest in a company if I cant figure out its marketcap?

From all the idea's on there that Ive seen (I havent checked them all), there is only that has legs I think, thats IBB. With investments up to 20BTC, its still more a kids game than a business, but the concept has merit and the owner appears to be made of the right stuff. It might go somewhere some day. No Im not boosting the stock, I havent bought any.

Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:42:50 PM

I just had a look at it. I cant take it very seriously tbh, nor the companies listed on them. No offense, but it reminds me a bunch of 12 year olds playing "business man". They all seem to "invest" in each other and, well,  thats usually their business plan.

The exchange itself is also rough - to put it mild. To name one thing, I cant seem to find how many shares a company has listed. How am I supposed to invest in a company if I cant figure out its marketcap?

From all the idea's on there that Ive seen (I havent checked them all), there is only that has legs I think, thats IBB. With investments up to 20BTC, its still more a kids game than a business, but the concept has merit and the owner appears to be made of the right stuff. It might go somewhere some day. No Im not boosting the stock, I havent bought any.

When you log in click assets and type the ticker, it'll show you how many shares there are.  

marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 06:03:59 AM

I use glbse and actually own shares of SMM and enjoy my daily dividends. I would like to see more companies listed and see some success. I do like the direction it is headed.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 07:46:43 AM

I use glbse and actually own shares of SMM and enjoy my daily dividends. I would like to see more companies listed and see some success. I do like the direction it is headed.

The dividends will get bigger in time.  Plus there will be  lump payments when I get dividends from investments.  I also can't wait for more companies to join.  I think the glbse is a great way to help companies jumpstart at warp speed. 
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 04:30:03 PM

The dividends will get bigger in time.  Plus there will be  lump payments when I get dividends from investments.  I also can't wait for more companies to join.  I think the glbse is a great way to help companies jumpstart at warp speed. 

Since buying new hardware for Bitcoin mining is currently not profitable, where are the dividends coming from?
P4man

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 04:52:22 PM

Since buying new hardware for Bitcoin mining is currently not profitable,

That depends on your electricity costs, your time horizon and perhaps mostly, your faith in BCs future.

Unless you suffer from terribly high electricity costs, mining is operationally profitable and at current rates, you would probably break even on hardware investment in a year or so. That by itself is actually not bad compared to most investments. How long until you break even on solar panels or a hybrid car? And yeah, risks of those are much lower obviously, but you are typically looking at 10 years or so to break even.

caston

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 05:34:36 PM

Has anyone thought of using GLBSE to make a property investment fund?

For example we could raise enough BTC to buy a large amount of agricultural land in Australia and rent it out to farmers. The rental income would then be converted to BTC and paid out to share holders.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 06:13:41 PM

Since buying new hardware for Bitcoin mining is currently not profitable, where are the dividends coming from?

I already had 3 rigs going when I made the IPO. I added another rig but will be holding off on any more till the bitcoin price rises. 

I pay around .09 per kwh here so mining is still profitable.  Other dividends come from investments in other companies and getting dividends from them (bitcointorrentz ect).  Also more btc's will trickle in from advertising from some of my sites that I create. Smiley
Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 06:14:44 PM

Has anyone thought of using GLBSE to make a property investment fund?

For example we could raise enough BTC to buy a large amount of agricultural land in Australia and rent it out to farmers. The rental income would then be converted to BTC and paid out to share holders.

Thats an interesting idea. 
P4man

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 06:22:32 PM

Other dividends come from investments in other companies and getting dividends from them (bitcointorrentz ect).  Also more btc's will trickle in from advertising from some of my sites that I create. Smiley

See, thats what I meant. "Hip pocket - brest pocket" operations we call it in dutch. Its a mini bubble or even ponzi. Company A investing in B and company B buying adds in C and C buying shares in A;  increasing each others share value and using that "profit" to pay out early investors.  Sorry guys, thats not how it works. Unless these listed businesses start earning money from outside their closed system, it cant and wont last.

BTW that problem isnt unique to glbse; its something the entire bitcoin economy seems to suffer from. If it cant reach out to the real world economy out there, its all pointless, or rather, worthless.

Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 06:50:22 PM

Other dividends come from investments in other companies and getting dividends from them (bitcointorrentz ect).  Also more btc's will trickle in from advertising from some of my sites that I create. Smiley

See, thats what I meant. "Hip pocket - brest pocket" operations we call it in dutch. Its a mini bubble or even ponzi. Company A investing in B and company B buying adds in C and C buying shares in A;  increasing each others share value and using that "profit" to pay out early investors.  Sorry guys, thats not how it works. Unless these listed businesses start earning money from outside their closed system, it cant and wont last.

BTW that problem isnt unique to glbse; its something the entire bitcoin economy seems to suffer from. If it cant reach out to the real world economy out there, its all pointless, or rather, worthless.

How is me investing into BitcoinTorrentz and getting dividends from their earnings and sharing them with my shareholders a ponzi? They are getting income from the BTC economy OUTSIDE of the Glbse. by people who want to download torrentz.  They pay out dividends and I will share them.  Seems like good business practice to me.  How is me buying bonds from CIB solutions so they can expand their website and giving out dividends when the bonds are paid back a ponzi?

Come on.
P4man

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 07:20:01 PM

Bitcointorrentz has an actual business model. If you believe in it, buy shares in it. I agree (assuming their business works) they attract BTCs from outside the exchange at least. Hey, thats better than some.  I do wonder if they get business from outside the existing bitcoin economy. I kinda doubt its substantial right now, but at least its possible.

But buying shares in a company who's revenue comes from dividends from other companies that are its shareholders too, or that buy shares in other holding companies and possibly even the exchange they are listed on, sense does not make. Im sorry, given the utter lack of any real economic activity, as in supplying good or services to the real world, at this point its all rather laughable.

Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 07:25:42 PM

Bitcointorrentz has an actual business model. If you believe in it, buy shares in it. I agree (assuming their business works) they attract BTCs from outside the exchange at least. Hey, thats better than some.  I do wonder if they get business from outside the existing bitcoin economy. I kinda doubt its substantial right now, but at least its possible.

But buying shares in a company who's revenue comes from dividends from other companies that are its shareholders too, or that buy shares in other holding companies and possibly even the exchange they are listed on, sense does not make. Im sorry, given the utter lack of any real economic activity, as in supplying good or services to the real world, at this point its all rather laughable.

According to the Bitcointorrentz guy the initial reaction to the product has been better than expected.  No he doesn't get business outside the bitcoin economy, he only deals with bitcoins.

I see nothing wrong with holding companies either.. they are getting dividends from other companies and sharing the profits.  Dividends don't depend on new people buying shares.  BitPonzi which advertised this, was the only one I know that tried this method, they were open about it and not even around anymore from what I can see.
bitfoo
Donator

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 07:35:25 PM

The whole world must then be a ponzi scheme, since it's a closed system. We need to start reaching out to the economies of Mars and Venus.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: