Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:33:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Margin trading on Bitmex, should play or not?  (Read 252 times)
Huy Mai (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:24:52 PM

Recently, Bitmex becomes one of the biggest exchange for margin trading, and it is attracting many traders. In the downtrend of bitcoin, it is also a good channel to make money.

Otherwise, margin trading is very risky, it is ONLY for experienced traders. To trade on the margin exchange, the most important thing is that traders have to be always putting stop-loss on their orders.

I saw people are joining Bitmex, what do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andytruongct

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:12:38 PM

I never ever joining in the trade margin because
- I'm not good market analyst. In the market like cryptocurrency market, many good analyst still loss a lot of money so when you don't believe in your skill such as: analyst, found more information, have many relationship,... I really advise you shouldn't join in the margin trading.

- Addition, in my individual opinion, I really don't believe the margin trading. It like is the gamble. When you lose, you really lose quickly your money. I don't like that. It's terrible.

So,when many friends invite me to join, I refuse that as right away. 

nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:20:56 PM

Recently, Bitmex becomes one of the biggest exchange for margin trading, and it is attracting many traders. In the downtrend of bitcoin, it is also a good channel to make money.

Otherwise, margin trading is very risky, it is ONLY for experienced traders. To trade on the margin exchange, the most important thing is that traders have to be always putting stop-loss on their orders.

I saw people are joining Bitmex, what do you think?
It is not really about joining Bitmex, but it is knowing how to trade that counts. It is imperative for anyone to understand how things work when it comes to margin trading than just hopping into the trading space and fumbling badly. It is a good thing that Bitmex actually do have a testnet or more like a demo site where new traders can play with unreal funds and that is one way to go.

However, it is a great opportunity for traders to go short or long based on their trading skill and leverage based on how confident they are on the market but that is as long as you know what you are doing. Every form of trading is risky, it is just the knowledge that counts, but with margin trading, there is no rule of patience as you can lose everything, most especially if the trader does not cultivate the habit of using tight stop loss in most cases.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:12:38 AM

It is natural for a beginner to experience losses. I mean, sometimes huge losses. But then, we all came as a beginner for margin trading in bitmex. Just spend time researching for the appropriate indicators as well as observe how the market moves. Also, when you are already about bitmex, it already helps you to be familiarize on how to integrate your knowledge on trading.
verask

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:52:06 AM

I'm a newbie in margin, like you. I know it will be very risky with margin, but in downtrend right now, margin make me so impressive. I don't fear lost money, because it's fastest way to learn earn money.
ProstoInvestor

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:07:56 AM

Yes, Bitmex is a very good currency exchange with the function of margin trading. All investors are now interested in this method of trading, as the crypto currency market is falling, but if prices start to recover, I think most will go to ordinary exchanges.
BTCHadzija

Activity: 238
Merit: 113

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:20:27 AM

I've recently started using bitmex and I'd like to share a lesson I've learned:

Always use limit orders and not market orders when setting up your stop loss, especially if you're using leverage. The exchange calculates fees differently for limit and market orders, so that you can pay 15% for a market order if you're using 20x leverage (I did)

Wutip

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:13:13 PM

Good exchange to increase or loose alll your balance) try to make your own strategy, use take profits and stop losses. Also try to not use laverage more then x5 for beginning)

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
cryptoking1981

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:59:38 PM

I trade on Kraken using margin.

I think margin trading is a very useful tool if you understand it positives and negatives.   It is essential to use during right trading opportunities to increase your potential gain, but you must have stoploss in place according to your risk/reward stategy.

Azima85

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:09:59 PM

If you can read charts and got nerves of steel..and won't trade with your house for example..then you can always try.. Just don't get over greedy or easily frustrated
Bitguybillionaire

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:11:59 PM

One of the biggest rules of investing in traditional investments is to NOT to use money that isn't yours, on BitMex this would be known as Margin trading. I wouldn't even want to do this with a less volatile and less risky investment, which would be stocks and bond funds / regular stocks. I would NEVER want to do this in Crypto where it's insanely volatile, risky, and that the margin trading fees are pretty high. Investing here is risky enough.

●                                                     Z I X X                                                     ●
[    DISCORD    ]  [    TWITTER    ]  [ ANN THREAD ]  [   FACEBOOK   ]
|   Automated Shared MNs   |  80% Masternode Rewards  |   Highest "Locked %"  |
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:20:00 PM

Margin trading can bring you profit faster, but you can be losing faster if the market turn against you. If you are not an experienced day trader, I will advise you to stay away from margin trading.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

apityeh71

Activity: 476

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:46:06 AM

Trading on Bitmex platform is good way to make money when bearish trend. For the beginer is better use low leverage first by maximun 5 times. Compared other platform Bitmex has liquidity with high trading volume and small fee transaction. I think every trader should be try to trade on this platform.

enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:03:35 AM

Actually i just heard about Bitmex margin trading, and for margin trading i been try it before in other platform like MT4. Margin trading is risky than spot trading, but we should try it to test our knowledge in trading, but put money in to it only 10% to 20%, and also remember to use stop loss and trailling stop whenever make open potition.

DiamondsAndCoins

Activity: 200

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:41:36 AM

Yeah cryptos are risky enough.  Crypto + margin seems like a recipe for disaster.  I am already managing to loose all my money in alts without margin.  Couldn't imagine how fast I would lose with it. 

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:56:19 AM

Yeah cryptos are risky enough.  Crypto + margin seems like a recipe for disaster.  I am already managing to loose all my money in alts without margin.  Couldn't imagine how fast I would lose with it.
Well, technically you don't lose anything if you don't sell any of your coins below your buying price. As long as you don't buy into shitcoins you should be able to recover with patience because the long term trend is always up.

BitMEX is pure gambling since you can lose all your coins, which happens quite frequently. People don't realize how dangerous 50x or even 100x leverage is. With 100x leverage you can lose everything in a matter of seconds.

On the other hand, people need to lose money in order to realize they did something stupid. If you do stupid things and get rewarded for it anyway, you'll never learn that there are severe risks involved.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 10:29:40 AM

Trade crypto on the exchange without margin is lower risk because when we loss we can wait for other uptrend to recover that loss, but in margin trading when we wrong direction we will get liquidated and loss the money, this is too big risk for me. For beginner trader is better to chooce spot trading and if the crypto market on down trend, we can trade on spot trading in others asset like stocks. Margin trader only for professional trader and for newbies is better to chooce spot trading and margin trading is not recommended.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:16:23 PM

like any other trading strategy, margin trading also requires experience and also it is mostly a matter of preference. for example I have little experience in it and I don't like doing it so I have never done it more than trying it out and seeing how it looks like.
it obviously has its risks and rewards and more importantly requires a certain market condition which is basically a downtrend. and in this case ever since OP opened up this topic there has not been that many good opportunities for margin trading and big profits and that shows one of the biggest limitations of this type of strategy and the risks associated with them.

Only Bitcoin
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:40:48 PM

it obviously has its risks and rewards and more importantly requires a certain market condition which is basically a downtrend. and in this case ever since OP opened up this topic there has not been that many good opportunities for margin trading and big profits and that shows one of the biggest limitations of this type of strategy and the risks associated with them.

Huh? I think you're mixing up a few things.

Margin trading doesn't depend on any sort of market condition, you just need the market to be active, the degree of activity doesn't really matter since you can increase or decrease your leverage multiplier as you wish.

On platforms as BitMex you can leverage your trades up to 100x, but most people don't go over 10x since anything over x10 holds too much risk. If the market seems to be stuck within a very tight (small) range, you can choose to go with a higher leverage multiplier to boost your potential profits. In the same way, with larger swings you can choose to be a little bit more conservative and go with a lower leverage multiplier to hedge the risk of having your position busted.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:48:46 AM

In my opinion margin trading nearly the same with gambling, and we have small chance to make profit. So as beginner trader i avoid it and more focus to trade on the spot trading, there are alot of different asset to trade in spot trading, like crypto, stocks, gold, ETF etc.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Pioneer88

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:12:19 AM

One expert on margin trading recommended me to long Bitcoin Cash 30x when its price was 425$. Did not believe in him when I saw the total crypto markets were in red. I missed a good chance.
He told me, chances like that come weekly, he suggested to continue long on Bitcoin Cash 5x-10x leverage even when its price is around 500$ now.
Target 1: 519$, target 2: 534, Target 3: 579$. Hold for some days or even weeks. Stop-loss at 479$ and reentrance at 461$. Good luck!

The only place that you can leverage BCC/USD now is at Bitseven. Remeber that BCC/BTC on Bitmex has another outcome.

I do not respond for any of your loss. You own your risk. Never trade with fund that you're not affordable to lose all. However, I welcome any tips or donation if you win big Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
sedahan13

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 02:22:24 AM

Margin trading is more risky than spot trading but promising profit when the price downtrend , so its better doing margin trading only if we have prediction the price will down, and when up trend will be better doing trading on spot market. So we have to make deposit in different exchange to do that. I think we have to do margin trading to make profit  consistently from trading but use low leverage to avoid big risk.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 08:57:24 AM

When price of Bitcoin downtrend only by short the price we can earn profit so as trader we have to jump in to it. And to minimize the risk, use only low leverage and make reasonable target profit. Many trader loss in margin trading because has been use high number of leverage and because they greedy.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: