Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:42:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has the Merit faucet dried up? Solutions?  (Read 774 times)
AlanMilano

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:21:39 PM

I think at least 70% of the users of this forum have no or very little knowledge regarding Crypto in general. Their only purpose is to join Bounty, Airdrop and cheat those things to make money.
Those people have crushed the few who really admired Crypto. And a newbie, despite having a good post, a good idea, a high help response ... can answer questions or solve problems for those people ... but will not receive any merit.
This forum is also very classy, I can feel the contempt of senior members with newbie (though not the majority).
Therefore, do not expect the senior members to share their merit to the Newbie, Jr ... if there are also just a few rare exceptions like you for your great efforts.
Not everyone can do the same, because of the limited knowledge and ability as well as the rigidity of higher level members.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VolkoB

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

Be happy =)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:32:11 PM

Merit definitely improves the quality of the forum. But getting it task is not easy. Align this situation could be through regulation (Merit for the time of activity on the forum). What do you think?
No way! There are many crappy posters on the forum that just lurk around and post detritus all day long because they have nothing better to do. Activity, or the amount of time active in the forum (which is what I guess you mean) has nothing to do with posting by good standards, and therefore should not be rewarded as an automatism.

I looked at your statistics, it's impressive  Shocked 5 months - 436 merits, really proves that everything is possible)
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:46:14 PM

I think at least 70% of the users of this forum have no or very little knowledge regarding Crypto in general. Their only purpose is to join Bounty, Airdrop and cheat those things to make money.
Those people have crushed the few who really admired Crypto. And a newbie, despite having a good post, a good idea, a high help response ... can answer questions or solve problems for those people ... but will not receive any merit.
This forum is also very classy, I can feel the contempt of senior members with newbie (though not the majority).
Therefore, do not expect the senior members to share their merit to the Newbie, Jr ... if there are also just a few rare exceptions like you for your great efforts.
Not everyone can do the same, because of the limited knowledge and ability as well as the rigidity of higher level members.

The fact that they have no knowledge is not a problem. Its their willingness to learn about it and ask the right questions and participate in discussions intellectually which will then be rewarded with merit points/

If everyone was as knowledgeable as the developers of bitcoin then there would be no worthy discussion on the forum.
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:33:22 PM

I have the same sentiments with you.
The intention of merit is to prevent spammers and encourage us to make quality posts.  However, what is happening now is instead of making posts to share your knowledge and learn from one another, the forum community is now posting for the sake of earning merits (especially the low rank members like me).

This is the link of my first thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4468266.msg40069856#msg40069856

Moved the above thread twice (from altcoin discussion to service discussion (altcoins) to beginners and help).  I moved it because I noticed that the merit distribution on the altcoin discussion threads are fewer compare to other threads.

AlanMilano

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:43:08 PM

The fact that they have no knowledge is not a problem. Its their willingness to learn about it and ask the right questions and participate in discussions intellectually which will then be rewarded with merit points/

If everyone was as knowledgeable as the developers of bitcoin then there would be no worthy discussion on the forum.
Yes, and according to the script, after the discussion, merit sources will favor + merit for those who answer, help (senior members) .... in the discussion, not for questioners (newbie, jr ...).

Although after the discussion, people who ask questions and learn what they need to know will understand everything (may not be understood at all). But that does not mean that they will be distributed merit for asking good questions!

It is the difference between having knowledge and having no knowledge. Just as in real life, people with good knowledge, graduates from big universities, etc... will find it easier to earn better jobs and salaries than those who only finish high school.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:19:25 PM

Yes, and according to the script, after the discussion, merit sources will favor + merit for those who answer, help (senior members) .... in the discussion, not for questioners (newbie, jr ...).

Although after the discussion, people who ask questions and learn what they need to know will understand everything (may not be understood at all). But that does not mean that they will be distributed merit for asking good questions!

It is the difference between having knowledge and having no knowledge. Just as in real life, people with good knowledge, graduates from big universities, etc... will find it easier to earn better jobs and salaries than those who only finish high school.

That is something that needs to be addressed. I will admit though that I have not seen that many unique questions and most of them are just repeated questions that have been answered several times already.

Graduates dont find it easier theres several different studies which support this and only prestigious degrees actually allow you too. Engineering for example is much more sought after than a degree in history.
yakovs

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:00:34 PM

One has to start somewhere. I do not mind the beginner questions, that is obvious.

What is hampering this forum is the spam caused by some people and I am sure they are not new to this platform. The embers who are doing this unintentionally because they are not aware of the rules are just a small portion of the problem. And member level has nothing to do with crypto knowledge in general.
max2607

Activity: 135
Merit: 22

Need a nice avatar, can someone help :-)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:07:59 PM

You should be happy you got 50 merits for literally doing nothing (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3212390.0). Yes, you did merit me because you felt my post deserved it but do you think you deserved those 50 merits.
Both of you guys don't have a clue on the amount of time needed to review hundreds of applicants and not only review their selected posts but also their post history.  Undecided  I did all of this for FREE, to do my part in trying to stop the spam and making people read the forum rules.

Remember that review thread, as well as others I have created overtime, were not post & forget. They were constantly maintained and researched. Take a look at the mining guide or other threads I have created, these are months worth of work and research to provide a good research for people who enjoy mining like I do.
See this is the biggest problem, most of the new members just joined this forum to make money and nothing else. And forgetting the fact merits are given if someone makes good posts what you did here is a community service. I report so many posts daily to mod but I never begged anyone to give me any merits for it. As long as people like you join this forum just to make money nothing's gonna change

And as I also said this isn't your fault as well theymos implemented a system without taking any measures to solve problems like these. This merit system is only made for legendary members, most merit sources merit their fellow here/legendary members for good quality posts they don't care for members like us.
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:59:36 AM

As I understand it, (outside of receiving merit from others), i have to wait 30? days for my smerit to replenish? or is it 120 days?

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10759

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 05:18:39 AM

As I understand it, (outside of receiving merit from others), i have to wait 30? days for my smerit to replenish? or is it 120 days?
Neither really. The only case where the sMerit supply is refilled is when you are a Merit Source (for the given quota). See here: question: re:Who can award merits.
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 12:59:02 PM
Merited by qwk (1)

What I noticed many people on the forum still posting hoping one day merit system would be canceled or made easier. They create countless topics about how merit system is unfair firmly believing that their opinion counts. So, Mr.Newbie! This is not your democracy, if you don't like the system, please find yourself some better place to post!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: