Merit: 502

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:08:35 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2021, 12:52:41 PM by noob2001

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:14:41 PM

I don't think any altcoin's market cap will go above $1B. To get this altcoins must be used for investment purposes, but the most safe cryptocurrency is Bitcoin therefore all investment capitals will move into it.
coinpharmer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:49:21 PM

I don't think any altcoin's market cap will go above $1B. To get this altcoins must be used for investment purposes, but the most safe cryptocurrency is Bitcoin therefore all investment capitals will move into it.

So you don't think crypto will form one big pyramid, evenly distributed, with the best coins at top, and the shitty ones at the bottom?

I think bitcoin could potentially match or overtake golds $7T market cap.
But, I find it hard to believe bitcoin will soley exist without close competition.

Thanks

there may always be many alt coins, but i find it unlikely there will be many the are processed the same way. there will be a most popular sha-256 coin, the most popular scrypt coin etc etc.  im guessing more more then 10 lasting cryptos.

the value of bitcoin is directly related to the network hash rate. if all those mining alt coins were to mine bitcoin and hold, people would say its "unprofitable to mine at xxx price" and refuse to sell. alts are (from my understanding) used to spread the word of bitcoin more than anything else. there are very few that have any real value. ive heard that nextcoin and anoncoin have some really good qualities but i havnt bothered to research them in detail because i feel they will be used to shoehorn in bitcoin, as has been mentioned in the NY regulation meeting.

imo bitcoin will be mainstream soon and be 99% used for legal buys/sells and some altcoin with more secrecy like built in tumblers and etc used for black market style transactions.
Cygnify

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:01:28 PM

I believe it's pretty much certain that litecoin will go over $1B this year if bitcoin has a decent rally at some point.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: