Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:09:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Real Estate  (Read 1058 times)
Ragnarly (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:26:40 PM

I've formed a Bitcoin Real Estate group on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Bitcoin-Real-Estate-6540665/about

Which start-ups and entrepreneurs should I reach out to?

If you're on LinkedIn and interested in BTC RE, please join us.
BitcoinsJoe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:19:33 PM

Hey, That sounds awesome, Are you a realtor?
Ragnarly (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:27:21 PM

I'm a real estate entrepreneur. I have a real estate license and general contractor's license in California. I did my Masters in Real Estate Development at Columbia and I've worked in various sectors of the industry including development, acquisitions, insurance, construction, property management, and brokerage.

The real estate industry is still using 19th century technology for title, notary, escrow, and sales. I hope to bring it into the 21st century with Bitcoin!
Cask

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:41:44 PM

I've formed a Bitcoin Real Estate group on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Bitcoin-Real-Estate-6540665/about

Which start-ups and entrepreneurs should I reach out to?

If you're on LinkedIn and interested in BTC RE, please join us.

Nice.
Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:51:01 PM

I'm a real estate entrepreneur. I have a real estate license and general contractor's license in California. I did my Masters in Real Estate Development at Columbia and I've worked in various sectors of the industry including development, acquisitions, insurance, construction, property management, and brokerage.

The real estate industry is still using 19th century technology for title, notary, escrow, and sales. I hope to bring it into the 21st century with Bitcoin!

Best of luck! I have no clue how you would reach out to those who can help the network grow on LinkedIn, but having another site to link to with general information (your aims, etc.) could do wonders I think.
minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:54:04 PM

Try to get some interest from the media - this is the sort of story the TV news loves and the exposure would kick start your company. If you make the point about the current fee structure and what huge savings could be made from exchanging BTC then you could create a big story.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:54:37 PM

I have been in the Real Estate industry for over 10 years.   The thought of being able to use bitcoins to purchase homes is really cool.   The hard part about this is the fact that bitcoin is not yet recognized as a currency, so in lending terms, bitcoin cannot yet be used as down payment funds or reserves (in correlation with trying to obtain a loan on a home).

If you are purchasing a home solely with bitcoin from a private seller, that is one thing.   But if you are trying to use bitcoin as down payment funds and also obtain a loan for the remainder of the money owed, that is completely different.   It will take massive adoption before Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac even think of recognizing bitcoins as assets.

There are so many anti money laundering guidelines and laws in the lending world it is unbelievable.   I can tell you first hand, that when you are trying to buy a home nowadays, you have to document and disclose what each deposit in your bank account came from (if that account is being used for the home loan).
Ragnarly (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:29:19 PM

I have been in the Real Estate industry for over 10 years.   The thought of being able to use bitcoins to purchase homes is really cool.   The hard part about this is the fact that bitcoin is not yet recognized as a currency, so in lending terms, bitcoin cannot yet be used as down payment funds or reserves (in correlation with trying to obtain a loan on a home).

If you are purchasing a home solely with bitcoin from a private seller, that is one thing.   But if you are trying to use bitcoin as down payment funds and also obtain a loan for the remainder of the money owed, that is completely different.   It will take massive adoption before Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac even think of recognizing bitcoins as assets.

There are so many anti money laundering guidelines and laws in the lending world it is unbelievable.   I can tell you first hand, that when you are trying to buy a home nowadays, you have to document and disclose what each deposit in your bank account came from (if that account is being used for the home loan).

Yes, the transactions would probably have to be an "All cash" transaction. But since you can trade real estate for just about anything including gold, Euros, or another property, using bitcoins is not only possible, but cheaper, faster, and potentially safer. We're not limited to residential products. One could also sell office buildings, warehouses, retail centers, etc.  

Let's not forget escrow. I'm close to completing a trust-free escrow web application with my business partner/ CTO.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:38:29 PM

Yes, the transactions would probably have to be an "All cash" transaction. But since you can trade real estate for just about anything including gold, Euros, or another property, using bitcoins is not only possible, but cheaper, faster, and potentially safer. We're not limited to residential products. One could also sell office buildings, warehouses, retail centers, etc.  

Let's not forget escrow. I'm close to completing a trust-free escrow web application with my business partner/ CTO.

Yeah a trust free escrow will come in really handy when trying to complete major real estate transactions with bitcoin.   
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:17:22 PM

Here's a good one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435785.new;topicseen#new

bitgenie

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:39:19 PM

It would be great if someone can provide a "Middle Man"/escrow service for proxy buying real estate..

Is there a service out there that does what i just described?  Huh
BitcoinsJoe

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:45:20 PM

It would be great if someone can provide a "Middle Man"/escrow service for proxy buying real estate..

Why would that be needed? Its real estate.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:07:01 AM

Escrow is needed because there is a lot more legal documentation and steps that need to be taken on top of just giving someone bitcoins in exchange for the keys to their home..haha
BitcoinsJoe

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:18:32 AM

Escrow is needed because there is a lot more legal documentation and steps that need to be taken on top of just giving someone bitcoins in exchange for the keys to their home..haha
So, You need salty spitoon to hold on to 400 btcoins? haha good one.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:19:58 AM

In the future, several services are going to pop like this.

What someone needs to create, is a respectable escrow service for bitcoins.
This should help the adoption of bitcoins, instead of worrying about payments, you send them to a company first for approval
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:23:47 AM

So, You need salty spitoon to hold on to 400 btcoins? haha good one.

I don't get it?
lookism

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:35:44 AM

Sounds like an extraordinary idea, I bet all those btc millionaires will be thrilled to hear about this. 
Ragnarly (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:40:18 AM

Yes. I'm close to launching it.
Ragnarly (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:45:34 AM

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: